Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gamma World RPG by James Pittaro (Gamma World RPG - Sci-Fi in the 25th Century!)
Gamma World RPG by James Pittaro
BalrogDate: Tuesday, 17-Aug-2010, 20:47:43 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
I've created this thread to have JP discuss Gamma World, and anything else about it to get some players on board for his upcoming scenario ...

New Sci-Fi RPG with James Pittaro based on Gamma World (old school!) rules and his books:
... Looking for 4 - 6 players to play for 5 weeks starting around 26th September;
... Looking to come in week before to set up characters - expected to be quick and simple to do.

James can be contacted through the website user name Arkaros43, or emailed directly at arkaros42@yahoo.co.uk. So ask any questions you might have and see what comes back at yeh! Balrog.

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 18-Aug-2010, 08:43:38 | Message # 2
Aun Va III
Here's a question posted by Zellak (and asked by others) on the home page ...

"As I am running a D&D campaign and in an ongoing AT-43 Campaign I can't commit to 5 straight weeks of Gamma World.

Is there another option?" Zellak

... Any advice Arkaros43?

Arkaros43Date: Wednesday, 18-Aug-2010, 12:55:43 | Message # 3
Sergeant
Hi Hugh no worries as long as you don't mind your character playing on as an non player character when you can't make it to the game smile

Added (18-Aug-2010, 12:55 PM)
---------------------------------------------
So you want to join up with the Brotherhood of the Slug? What makes you think that you are good enough. Do you know how to operate ancient military artifacts? What mutant abilities do you possess? Have you had any previous association with other organizations? I suppose you've heard about the Boss? if it's something bad then it's probably true. The old slugs got a nasty temper all right. If he doesn't like you then lets just say that you won't be around for long. Sure the pay is low and sudden death is likely on a daily basis. But just think of the advantages; nobody messes with the Brotherhood. Well em...that's the only advantage I can actually think of for the moment. Oh yeah if you're clever, ruthless and good with energy weapons or have astounding mutant skills; then we've got a place for you in this organization.

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 18-Aug-2010, 14:46:56 | Message # 4
Aun Va III
Hi Jim ... the 5 week spell will be a bit difficult for me too and everyone else, from chatting with other club members. Currently, what we do with Hugh's oD&D is play once a month and that allows everyone to do other things in between, which has now become the norm.

Would u consider trying something like this yourself? ... Walts

Arkaros43Date: Thursday, 19-Aug-2010, 09:24:27 | Message # 5
Sergeant
Yes no problem whatever works best. Just looking for a few committed players. But I can bring my own players if necessary. If the club members have other stuff to play that's cool. smile
Message edited by Arkaros43 - Thursday, 19-Aug-2010, 09:27:42

CheDate: Thursday, 19-Aug-2010, 20:29:48 | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Can't guarantee I'll be a regular.
Message edited by Che - Friday, 20-Aug-2010, 19:19:00

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Arkaros43Date: Friday, 20-Aug-2010, 16:22:43 | Message # 7
Sergeant
Nobody seems to be showing much interest in this thread Walter. i may have to consider just playing the game outside the club with my own players like I was originally planning too. I'm really not bothered either way bud. So lets say this the last call for interested players, before I give up on the idea. Cheers bud... smile
Message edited by Arkaros43 - Friday, 20-Aug-2010, 16:25:33

BalrogDate: Friday, 20-Aug-2010, 20:38:40 | Message # 8
Aun Va III
Sorry Jim ... but to be honest, that's the norm. I think the problems with your attendance? I'm sure more clubbers would join in if they knew u a bit better if u frequented the club more and offered a better game timetable rather than have their characters made as NPC's ...

Quote (Arkaros43)
Hi Hugh no worries as long as you don't mind your character playing on as an non player character when you can't make it to the game

... or ...

Quote (Arkaros43)
Yes no problem whatever works best. Just looking for a few committed players. But I can bring my own players if necessary. If the club members have other stuff to play that's cool.

... doesn't really install much confidence in me, and others, creating an RPG character (which I always get attached too) and have it passed over to someone else. Once again, going by Hugh's oD&D gameplay timetable as an example, if players don't play on the day of the adventure, they & their character just have to wait till the party get back before they can join in on the game again, so it's their loss for not attending, but at least their characters aren't going to be put in the frontline and get mined!

There's so many things going on in the club that we all realise that we need to do a bit of "give & take" regarding gameplay, and this has set the "guidelines" of once a month for most games, not just RPGs. Obviously, there are exceptions to the rules ... we even played oD&D TWO weeks in a row! ... but players come to the club and discuss this while at the club ... so u can see ur problem in getting players interested? Not everyone will respond, or even view, this forum, but chat about playing ur Gamma World during visits to the club, so if ur not there to promote urself ...

Anyway, just as a final note, I wanted to say congratulations on ur books ... finally using that great imagination of urs to cash in! Good work and well done ... Walts.

Arkaros43Date: Sunday, 22-Aug-2010, 09:55:03 | Message # 9
Sergeant
Ok thanks for explaining that to me

Added (21-Aug-2010, 9:15 PM)
Ok i will bring my own players and leave two guest slots per week for interested drop in players with no npc rule hows that. Walter?

Added (21-Aug-2010, 10:30 PM)
Ok i will bring my own players and leave two guest slots per week for interested drop in players with no npc rule hows that. Walter?

Added (21-Aug-2010, 10:33 PM)
Ok thanks for explaining that to me

Added (22-Aug-2010, 9:55 Am)
Ok after some careful consideration i have decided
to cancel the game due to a poor response
And the fact its just easier to get players and play outside the club. I just wanted to play a game of gammaworld in the club but its cool. All the best walter i will check in again sometime in the future bye

zellakDate: Sunday, 22-Aug-2010, 17:14:45 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
i would have been willing to play....just can't sign up for 6 weeks straight. (shrugs)
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 22-Aug-2010, 17:15:33

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

Arkaros43Date: Monday, 23-Aug-2010, 09:04:17 | Message # 11
Sergeant
Cheers Shug no worries. I went into the club on sunday and had a word with Ross. If any players want a game of GW, then just organize when you are able to play between yourselves, and then get in touch with me when you want to play it. That way its more suitable for the players, instead of me trying to create a block of time to play which is sure to interupt someone playing schedule. I'm plannning the campaign and writing the book furiously right now and enthusiastic about setting up a campaign. But there doesn't seem much point doing it unless some players commit to some play time.... smile See you.

RMcNDate: Tuesday, 24-Aug-2010, 13:02:56 | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
Jim I spoke to the guys on Sunday and Jamie and Derek expressed an interest. But neither had played Gamma World and wondered if you would be prepared to come in a do a trial tester one weekend of the rules and the role play game theme you are after, background history etc. They suggested after the October holidays would be best as they are tied up with other things at the moment. The main issue is the 5 week block all in one go - most due to personal or gaming commitments just cannot commit to that much time. I fall in the same category as in D&D Drow, Bloodbowl and asked to take part in GW Fantasy that is just planning to kick off in the next few weeks. As I said on Sunday I also try to be available for our drop in gamers that sometimes only make it in 1 out of 3 weeks. So if it must be done in a 5 week straight block it doesn't look as though we can provide the sufficient players for you.

The question is can you break it up over a longer period?

Ross

Arkaros43Date: Tuesday, 24-Aug-2010, 13:30:20 | Message # 13
Sergeant
Hi Ross

Yes no problem lets do that then. just select an up and coming sunday slot and let me know when and I will show up and roll characters and play a prequel to the main game.

regards

James

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 24-Aug-2010, 14:10:26 | Message # 14
Aun Va III
Sorry Jim, I'm getting a bit confused now ...

Initially, u will have a one-off visit to get players familier with rolling characters, the storyline and maybe play a short one-day scenario to get the hang of the rules? Then, rather than run the GW in a 5 week straight block, u will be happy to break this up into odd weekends when u can get players together ... which could mean 2 or 3 (or more!) weeks between playing ur adventure?

If so, I'll be happy to come on board! smile It's been a while since I played GW, but would luv to get back into it ... Walts.

Arkaros43Date: Tuesday, 24-Aug-2010, 17:32:17 | Message # 15
Sergeant
Yes that's exactly right Walter. I am more than happy to accommodate. I'm not taking this or myself too seriously. But I intend to run a cinematic fast paced game which has plot lines embedded in my existing books and future books. Gamma World is such a fast system to run. I have been GM'ing GW on and off since 1984 and there is a rich vein of existing history to draw upon. I've been furiously designing and drawing up the game world on A2 size card templates. With the extra dimension that good characters and npc characters would be written into in my next book which is already well underway. It's called 'Scavenger' Some of these characters had a parallel existence in 'Space Time Inc Book Two 'Reality Wars' Anyway the cross pollination of role playing games and novel writing done in a modular comic book style has become a core reality of my published works.

zellakDate: Tuesday, 24-Aug-2010, 19:32:00 | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Great stuff...so the game is still on....Hoo Haa happy

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

Arkaros43Date: Tuesday, 24-Aug-2010, 23:58:37 | Message # 17
Sergeant
Is that game on then ? smile

Added (24-Aug-2010, 11:58 PM)
Initiation

The Boss of the Brotherhood of the Slug has got a problem. Since you lot are new recruits of the organization he wants to see what your made off. Think of this as your initiation. No messing about you could easily get yourself killed here. The Boss doesn't really want that. What he really wants is someone to find a way into the north end of the ruins. Something nasty from ancient times is lurking around down there. The boss is sure that its protecting something of value. Either that or its just some crazy monster bent on random destruction. Either way if you survive and bring back a new artifact, then you can consider yourself as having passed the test. We're taking over this planet, so why not take your place in an organization that's going somewhere? Any interested mutants should congregate at the edge of the north end of the ruins beneath the old elevated multi-lane over pass just before sunset. Got me?

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 25-Aug-2010, 12:22:43 | Message # 18
Aun Va III
Quote (Arkaros43)
Is that game on then ?

... Def looking good! From this forum we've got me (Walts), Shug, Derek & Jamie for starters. And by the time we arrange a day to play, after the October holidays (??? ... is that the 11th Oct till ... ???), I'm sure u will have ur six! ... Walts

RMcNDate: Wednesday, 25-Aug-2010, 13:02:48 | Message # 19
Lieutenant colonel
I am pleased things are working out - I might even manage to get involved myself. I will keep putting the word out over the next few weeks to see if others interested. The fact that it is broken up will be more attractive to many more people. Thanks Jim / Walter. cool

Arkaros43Date: Monday, 06-Sep-2010, 17:53:43 | Message # 20
Sergeant
No worries I'm stepping up my planning and game design now. Should have an interesting and violent world for a band of ruthless mutants to explore. Game on..

Added (31-Aug-2010, 4:24 PM)
Some fantastic ideas have been forming and being written into the adventure. Now I'm not running an unknown system like GURPS, this is going to be so quick and furious in places. I'm extremely happy with the stuff that's been written up so far for the game, as the story for the book is also being rapidly written. It's all good and could possibly be great. If the game or the book play out anything like whats been forming in my imagination then it certainly should be interesting and violent. As you may know if you have played any of my rpg games before. I like the game to flow with proper role playing and be cinematic and not constricted by the rule system like it was when we played GURPS. smile GW should be the perfect medium to create these conditions, I'm looking forward to it smile

Added (06-Sep-2010, 5:53 PM)
I know what the mutant brothers have been saying. Something sinister and violent is lurking in north sector. The truth is we don't actually know what it is because none of the scouting parties have returned. So the Boss has offered his beloved armored hover car as a prize to anyone who can do something about this problem, oh yeah and their pick of the advanced armory including some of the elite untested stuff. But chances are that you're gonna get you mutant self killed, I don't want to kid you. The brotherhood is only looking for ruthless, mean and dedicated mutants. Are you that kind of mutant son? I see a mean streak in your eye, it's o.k. no need to get riled, I'm just telling you how it is with the brotherhood that's all. Any interested mutants should congregate at the edge of the north end of the ruins beneath the old elevated multi-lane over pass just before sunset.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gamma World RPG by James Pittaro (Gamma World RPG - Sci-Fi in the 25th Century!)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024