Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gamma World RPG by James Pittaro (Gamma World RPG - Sci-Fi in the 25th Century!)
Gamma World RPG by James Pittaro
BalrogDate: Tuesday, 17-Aug-2010, 20:47:43 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
I've created this thread to have JP discuss Gamma World, and anything else about it to get some players on board for his upcoming scenario ...

New Sci-Fi RPG with James Pittaro based on Gamma World (old school!) rules and his books:
... Looking for 4 - 6 players to play for 5 weeks starting around 26th September;
... Looking to come in week before to set up characters - expected to be quick and simple to do.

James can be contacted through the website user name Arkaros43, or emailed directly at arkaros42@yahoo.co.uk. So ask any questions you might have and see what comes back at yeh! Balrog.

zellakDate: Monday, 06-Sep-2010, 20:20:31 | Message # 21
Generalissimo
Looking good. cool

Got to think up a good name for my scavenger. crazy

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

Arkaros43Date: Sunday, 12-Sep-2010, 20:51:13 | Message # 22
Sergeant
The Boss said you chickens might be like that. He's upped the prize because he wants a quick result here. Nobody from the town has been meeting at the rendezvous point, because everybody is too scared. Well it's like that is it? Are you chicken son? Do you really want to spend the rest of your miserable life kicking around new sanctuary? A mutant has-been with a reputation for talking the talk. But what about walking the walk? This is opportunity knocking son, will you find the heart to take it? Let's not lose sight of the fact that certain death awaits. But this is one of those rare golden opportunities to join a thriving brotherhood. The Boss has changed the offer so you can choose some weapons from the advanced armory first. But you've got to convince Rhino that you mean business. Nobody crosses the Boss and lives to talk about it. So this is the last call for initiates. Everybody knows where to meet by now. Just get you mutant self down there at sunset. I'm not answering any more questions; beat it kid!

Added (12-Sep-2010, 8:51 PM)
---------------------------------------------
sorry for the no show today guys too many problems and not enough time to give any notice.

zellakDate: Monday, 13-Sep-2010, 11:01:59 | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Stuff happens. !!

See you have 10th October as the intro game.

I will plan next Drow game not to clash.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

Arkaros43Date: Thursday, 16-Sep-2010, 21:52:28 | Message # 24
Sergeant
Yes Hugh its a definite all systems go. Looking forward to getting it started!!!

Added (16-Sep-2010, 9:52 PM)
Right since nobody is mutant enough to take on the challenge the Boss has upped the offer one last time. Anyone who can eradicate this problem will also recieve 9.97% of the value of anything interesting found in north sector. He said I was to kill anyone who asked for 10%. I mean it kid don't ask; orders is orders, and I don't really want to shoot you. The Boss would rather recruit you. So this the final offer and you've only got a few weeks to decide. The violet snapper season will be here soon, and that means, noone is going into the ruins for a good long while. At least not until those killer plants have reproduced and become dormant again. So this is it I've got some mutants who want to join up, now it's your turn to decide what the hell are you gonna do next, Kid? I'm getting a bit tired of your indecision are you in or are you a mutant chicken?

BalrogDate: Friday, 17-Sep-2010, 05:51:00 | Message # 25
Aun Va III
Mutant dog at the ready, Sir! Let me at'em, via the stores for some heavy weapons and any other goodies going!

Dead_OneDate: Friday, 17-Sep-2010, 08:09:26 | Message # 26
Sergeant
Im in

CheDate: Sunday, 19-Sep-2010, 20:44:46 | Message # 27
Lieutenant general
I'm a mutant chicken, Sir!

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Arkaros43Date: Monday, 20-Sep-2010, 10:47:37 | Message # 28
Sergeant
Trying to be a smart mutant eh? Well smart is fine as long as you can back it up with ruthless violence. I'm going to ignore that last comment form the mutant chicken as in this case he actually is a mutant chicken. Is that you 'Cluck?' I thought you were killed last year on that raid of the Badder nest. Good too see your still scratching about son...

Dead_OneDate: Monday, 20-Sep-2010, 16:26:26 | Message # 29
Sergeant
Could i be a mutant potato king, maybe named king edward....? or a grape, named buncha.....

Arkaros43Date: Thursday, 30-Sep-2010, 21:43:39 | Message # 30
Sergeant
You can be anything you want in your spare time son, but messing about in the ruins as a mutant potato is likely to get you fried, and if it grapes you after it better be a big bunch the posioness kind!

Added (20-Sep-2010, 4:39 PM)
You can be anything you want in your spare time son, but messing about in the ruins as a mutant potato is likely to get you fried, and if it grapes your after it better be a big bunch the posioness kind!

Added (30-Sep-2010, 9:43 PM)
Getting close to the time of the character generation and prequel to the main scenario. Been working away constantly at it and so far so good; I'm very happy with the storyline. I would only ask that all interested players confirm one week before the game, using this forum if possible, so I know how many players to bring with with me. Regards to all smile

Dead_OneDate: Sunday, 03-Oct-2010, 18:57:44 | Message # 31
Sergeant
Pock me Pick me Pick me... :-)

zellakDate: Sunday, 03-Oct-2010, 19:20:02 | Message # 32
Generalissimo
I will be there on the 10th October.

Looking forward to it smile

Will the characters all be mutants ?

BalrogDate: Sunday, 03-Oct-2010, 19:23:30 | Message # 33
Aun Va III
Quote (Dead_One)
Pock me Pick me Pick me ..

Don't think I'll be "pocking" any mutant potatoes, but will be up for a bit of heavy blasting on the 10th! Bring on those mutations .... I luv a radiation shower in the morning! Walts

Arkaros43Date: Monday, 04-Oct-2010, 13:28:15 | Message # 34
Sergeant
Welcome one and all. Its such fast system and I've been recently GM'ing a lot of GW games with Graham and Laura at home. The scenario planning is all but complete; but I keep thinking of exciting new aspects too add in, that I could literally go on forever! All players characters can be mutants or mutant animals. But the brotherhood of the slug looks suspiciously at Pure Strain Humans, and refuses them as initiates. The book is way ahead of the game at over one hundred pages and Its given the game an excellent and cohesive framework/back ground. I'm looking forward to this. But here's the thing; GW is vicious, mistakes are punished heavily by the environment and by twisted nature itself. there is also a rumor going around that over two hundred brothers have been killed by this thing; whatever the hell it is? Thought as well as violence will be required to get through this, and sudden death has a new definition in Gamma World.

zellakDate: Wednesday, 06-Oct-2010, 16:03:44 | Message # 35
Generalissimo
Are there any miniatures or stuff you would like us to bring in ?

Arkaros43Date: Wednesday, 06-Oct-2010, 16:07:41 | Message # 36
Sergeant
Attention all players game on! Attention all new mutant initiates of the brother hood. On arrival to the secret underground base. Take the mag-lifts to sub level seven, and see the quarter master regarding initial equipment and provisions. Then the Boss want to see you in the Great hall on sub-level three. Good luck your gonna need some...

Added (06-Oct-2010, 4:07 PM)
got mostly everything. But a couple of AT droids would make great powered armour models (but not giving anything away)

regards smile

zellakDate: Thursday, 07-Oct-2010, 17:23:57 | Message # 37
Generalissimo
AT droids ?

Are they star wars miniatures ?

Arkaros43Date: Friday, 08-Oct-2010, 22:44:11 | Message # 38
Sergeant
Ah I see I defo got that wrong hugh. Hmm don;t you play a game or armouredf wardroids sometimes? You brought a minature from the gurps game to use from it.. Hmm it was a long toime ago smile

zellakDate: Saturday, 09-Oct-2010, 14:42:37 | Message # 39
Generalissimo
AT-43.....right , no problem. happy

I thought ...for some reason wacko ....you meant an AT-AT, its from star wars.

Some kind of mech i think. ???

(funny enough i was considering using Therian miniatures in my D&D game. wizard )

CheDate: Saturday, 09-Oct-2010, 23:57:41 | Message # 40
Lieutenant general
Oh no! Is there no escape from these damned aliens!!!!!! wacko

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gamma World RPG by James Pittaro (Gamma World RPG - Sci-Fi in the 25th Century!)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024