RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » New AT-43 Campaign
New AT-43 Campaign
zellakDate: Thursday, 26-May-2011, 20:34:31 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
With all the new AT-43 armies at the club, it must be time to start a new campaign.
There has been a bit of talk at the club and i wanted to knock a few ideas around here on the forum.

As me and Ian and Gerry have played the first two campaigns there is still one left to do...the Karman one, which is apt as we are now joined with Banksi and his new Karman army. happy

And Tom's ONI army, these zombie guys are tricky customers to fight . i know. moil

Can i suggest we keep some of the rules from our first two campaigns.

1) we use simultaneous map moves with written orders.

2) the three companies are all different factions (including one that is plain vanilla if you want.)

This stops too many troops amalgamating on the same map...as different factions may not fight together.

3) Always give the target the benefit of the doubt....cos next activation you may be the target.

Any other thoughts, comments, ideas ??????????????

Also, as there are only 4 slots in the Emerald Mount campaign, Banksi suggested moving the Karman HQ one node to the right and putting the ONI HQ two nodes to the left of the Karman.

What do you mean you dont follow ! Download the map and rulebook from the download section.

Also i will leave my two ONI mercenary transports at the club, so that we can all use them.
Add them to a platoon Strider/vehicle slot (Type **) for 375 points
Yes they are expensive points wise, but the UNA/RB/Therian/Karman transports were never produced.
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 26-May-2011, 20:41:27

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Friday, 27-May-2011, 18:57:46 | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hi,

I think a campaign would be a great idea, after the game last week with Ian W, I did think that the Karman's weren't the underpowered force that people have been reporting, I could have been the fact they haven't been using the hero's which make a big difference. Also We did play a 40k style game with AT-43 and I'm sure that that given campaign style terrain and closer ranges it might have been a different outcome.

On another note as per my previous post, I'm going to be sending for more stuff from Ludic, So far Ian W and I are placing orders, If you would like to order something and share the postage cost please let me know by Sunday. If I place an order next week the stuff should be here in time for the beginning of the new campaign.

If someone else wants to join the campaign I have a Cogs army that could be used, again the forums say the Cogs are over powered but who knows until we try them we will never know. I dont know how they will fit into the campaign but I'm sure we could rearrange it a bit to suit.

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

CheDate: Friday, 27-May-2011, 19:15:55 | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Dostvedanye (spelling not guaranteed) capitalist, alien, imperialist, reactionary (delete as needed). It all sounds good to me. My it is going to get hot in the Emerald Mounts. Everybody seems to have their own wee corner to fight in. The Karman and ONI look to have a free ride in one area each but after that it's a slog for us all. I will bring in the terrain on Sunday in case you need it.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Friday, 27-May-2011, 19:46:45 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
What if we have split commands, with more than one player to each HQ ?

That way there is more chance of games being played if a player is missing for some reason.
Allan was interested in joining me with the Therians (2 companies each by Phase 2 )

Tom and Banksi could use the same HQ (and field 2 companies each by phase 2)

Gerry and Ian could have RB/UNA/or COG allies ?

Of course this might just complicate things and not really be the best way to keep the campaign humming along ????
Just throwing some ideas around....shoot down any you dont like. tongue

Also, on another note.....

i have been searching around on the AT-43 forum and come across some rules we played wrong.
Op Frostbite rulebook page 76.

Phase 1 Attacker gets 1500 AP / Defender 1000AP (we got that right)
Phase 2 Attacker gets 2000 AP / Defender gets 1750 AP ( we were playing it 2250/1500 as core rulebook)

And

Defenders Either....bring all their guys on the deployment zone (during the ENTIRE game, not just the first round !!!)

OR.....come in on an Access zone not being used by an attacker. Assault force and reinforcements !

Some big changes in there. surprised

And on page 77 it looks as if heroes never die unless every unit in the company is destroyed.

I'm not in favour of this. sad

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Saturday, 28-May-2011, 16:43:26 | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
If I might state the obvious, the defender would appear to be in a better position now. Less of a difference between attacker and defender in terms of points and also reinforcements coming on close to the battle. Should be interesting. I agree about the heroes. They are only soldiers after all, albeit jolly good ones. I was thinking about Banksi's comment that maybe other Karman players hadn't done well 'cos they hadn't used heroes. Heroes can only be used in one company so not every company will benefit from their presence in a campaign. Unless you're Gencol of course, in which case you get copies (Gencol, The Genetic Engineering Sub-Collective, can clone heroes and provide other nasty surprises. See Frostbite book page 44). Oh what a give away.
Message edited by Che - Saturday, 28-May-2011, 16:45:57

zellakDate: Monday, 30-May-2011, 19:26:22 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Heroes can only be used in one company so not every company will benefit from their presence in a campaign. Said Che.

The Karman players were complaining before the Frostbite campaign. dry

And those who were offering advice seemed always to start off by giving an armylist which always had heroes in it.

Then again most Therian army lists i have read include heroes as well.

But not so much the UNA/RB lists.

Also... i have noticed something else in the rules....i somehow had it in my mind that you needed 4 sectors to win...i cant find that anywhere !

So the Red Fields campaign could still be won by anyone.

UNA have 2 sectors and has an attack on the Therians

RB have 1 sector and has 2 attacks on the Therians.

Therians have 3 sectors and has 1 attack on the UNA.

So if all 3 attacks on the Therians fail ...its a Therian win.

But other outcomes are possible.

If RB win 1 and UNA win 1...then UNA win

If RB win 2 then RB win.

If RB win 2 and UNA win 1.... then three sectors apiece ...goes to a points count ......Therian win. tongue

Should we finish the campaign off ?

(ps ...i am using my ONI army tomorrow against the monkeys.)

Added (30-May-2011, 1:49 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Enjoyed all three games of AT-43 yesterday against the monkeys. happy

But i must apologise for getting a rule wrong.....AFV are never engaged.

So the detonator zombies who charged in, should have taken a round of fire from the AFV on overwatch during the third game. MY bad. sad

Added (30-May-2011, 7:26 PM)
Sitting around the house with nothing to do i re-read the AT-43 rules and came across something i had not noticed before.

The RP won for capturing secondary objectives gets paid twice !

We are playing it you get the RP for capturing a container, usually 100 RP on the first turn.
And then 150 RP for controlling it on the next turn.

But it should be both 100 RP and 150 RP on the first turn... and then 150 RP from then on.

"Capturing" is a one off bonus per side per objective.
And usually only acquired by the attacking force(s).

BanksiDate: Thursday, 02-Jun-2011, 23:44:06 | Message # 7
Major general
Quote (zellak)
Sitting around the house with nothing to do i re-read the AT-43 rules and came across something i had not noticed before.

The RP won for capturing secondary objectives gets paid twice !

We are playing it you get the RP for capturing a container, usually 100 RP on the first turn.
And then 150 RP for controlling it on the next turn.

But it should be both 100 RP and 150 RP on the first turn... and then 150 RP from then on.

"Capturing" is a one off bonus per side per objective.
And usually only acquired by the attacking force(s).

Thats a biggy, I could have brought on my troops in the second round just by capturing 2 containers!!!!
Message edited by Banksi - Thursday, 02-Jun-2011, 23:47:09

zellakDate: Friday, 03-Jun-2011, 23:23:24 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Aye, its a big change !

Also AFV cannot capture civilian engineers...so that might have evened it up. tongue

Will we add civ eng(s) to the campaign ?

BTW there is a med-tech on e-bay.

CheDate: Saturday, 04-Jun-2011, 17:20:19 | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
So do you get the "capture" bonus if you take an objective from another player? I'm not bothered about completing the Red Fields campaign. To be truthful I'd rather forget it. Let's face it, it wasn't my finest hour cry .

zellakDate: Saturday, 04-Jun-2011, 17:43:10 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
So do you get the "capture" bonus if you take an objective from another player?

Yes, but only once per game. No matter how many times it changes hands.

Quote (Che)
I'm not bothered about completing the Red Fields campaign.

Me neither, should be fun to go up against new blood. biggrin

Though it looks like you and me are going to see a lot of each other round the Observation Post. dry

Quote (Che)
To be truthful I'd rather forget it. Let's face it, it wasn't my finest hour

Most of the games were your first try outs with your new RB army.

I expect this campaign to be different....especially if you use transports. wink

BanksiDate: Saturday, 04-Jun-2011, 17:52:49 | Message # 11
Major general
Saw the med-tec and I've already put a bid in!!!! In fact winning atm!!

How was Wappishaw? Buy anything nice?
Message edited by Banksi - Saturday, 04-Jun-2011, 17:53:04

zellakDate: Saturday, 04-Jun-2011, 18:08:55 | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Okay, i wont bid against you . cool

Wapp was okay , there was a guy selling AT-43 stuff at old prices,(mainly RB and Wolfen) prolly got them from Ludik...LOL.
Geordie guy............ said he was just starting out and was down the road from Gateshead Gaming.
They (GG) were not there, had gone to another show.

Got Che a single mini...RB medic.

Got a few heroscape minis for various games...Samurai, Viking and Cool negro "men-in-black" dude with smg and katana.

So not much. sad

Good day out though. biggrin

CheDate: Monday, 06-Jun-2011, 16:35:48 | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
Most of the games were your first try outs with your new RB army.

I expect this campaign to be different....especially if you use transports.

Now you're making excuses for me %). Don't know what difference transports will make other than to get the troops to the killng ground quicker cry

Quote (zellak)
Got Che a single mini...RB medic.

[color=red] Thanks.

zellakDate: Monday, 06-Jun-2011, 18:27:31 | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
Now you're making excuses for me %). Don't know what difference transports will make

The difference will be ...there were a number of unwinnable scenarios due to the distances that had to be covered in a very short time.

I now believe transports were introduced to Op Frostbite rules for just that reason.

So.

I have bought two ONI transports that can be used by all factions, i traded turrets with Tom and have painted them to suit the chassis of J Priest Limos.

They are in the cupboard at the club. As promised. happy

Again ....i have to say , there were quite a number of games when the only reason i won was the Therian ability to conjure Hecat Golgoths out of thin air.

Thats a fact you cannot deny .

The ability should be reduced....what about if it could only be done when the Company Commander is in contact with a Nanogenerator ?

Its fluffy . biggrin

CheDate: Wednesday, 08-Jun-2011, 19:44:16 | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
OK, I give in I promise not to be defeatist anymore biggrin . I can't say I remember the Hecats much so I don't see why you should restrict the capability. They might come in handy against the new armies.

I knew you had left two transports at the club for the use of us all. The Red Blok transports only go as fast as a running unit but I suppose the unit would be protected 'cos the armour is typical Red Blok standard. Let the campaign commence, I say. If you do any moves on the 19th mine are pretty obvious I think. Only two ways to go......

zellakDate: Wednesday, 08-Jun-2011, 20:31:09 | Message # 16
Generalissimo
We cant do the moves yet...too much to sort out first.

We still have to work out who is playing !

If we will have 2 ICs ?

Is everyone happy about the ONI transports being used ?

Also, all the army lists, (which should imho be left in a folder at the club.) With a map with pins in. biggrin

And learning from my mistakes haha , the location of each Company should be written on the sheets.

Will we allow civilian engineers ?...does everyone get one each or just the people who own the correct miniatures ?

Will heroes be dead if they get killed ???? ( the rules say they are dead if the entire Company is wiped out.)

And after a debate on another forum...

1 ) Can Striders/AFV get the Rocket Jump ability ????

2) Can Med tech containers parachute into a room ???? wacko (Banksi won the one on e-bay i highlighted.)

Nurse! Nurse! There's a monkey in my room !!! ok
Message edited by zellak - Wednesday, 08-Jun-2011, 20:38:29

CheDate: Wednesday, 08-Jun-2011, 20:56:24 | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
1 ) Can Striders/AFV get the Rocket Jump ability ????

2) Can Med tech containers parachute into a room ????

IMHO a resounding no to both. How do you parachute into a room, especially with a cvontainer? through a window, through the roof? If the latter then the room would be demolished. A bit of common sense, please. Striders with rocket jump ability would be flyers, wouldn't they? Again common sense. I don't get agitated about much but this is going too far. Don't really have any issues with your other points. Sorry if I was getting a bit previous with the moves. I haven't been in for a while so I didn't want to slow things down by my absence. Sort it out without me and I'll accept what's decided.

Added (08-Jun-2011, 8:51 PM)

Quote (zellak)
And learning from my mistakes , the location of each Company should be written on the sheets.

The Red Blok always knew where they were. They didn't necessarily know where anyone else was wacko .

Added (08-Jun-2011, 8:56 PM)

Quote (zellak)
Also, all the army lists, (which should imho be left in a folder at the club.) With a map with pins in.

The organisational possibilities are captivating. All those pins and lists, all the bookkeeping. I love all that stuff. All the sitreps. Speaking as someone who has his CDs and Vinyl in alphabetical order, it sounds like heaven. If I only had two CDs by Abba and ZZ Top, they would still have to be in the right order tongue

zellakDate: Wednesday, 08-Jun-2011, 21:20:48 | Message # 18
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
IMHO a resounding no to both. How do you parachute into a room, especially with a cvontainer? through a window, through the roof? If the latter then the room would be demolished. A bit of common sense, please. Striders with rocket jump ability would be flyers, wouldn't they? Again common sense. I don't get agitated about much but this is going too far. Don't really have any issues with your other points. Sorry if I was getting a bit previous with the moves. I haven't been in for a while so I didn't want to slow things down by my absence. Sort it out without me and I'll accept what's decided.

Glad at least you and me are on the same page of the playbook. happy (didn't mean to agitate anyone.)

As always, you are the voice of reason. When it comes to common sense rule interpretation.

So you wont mind people borrowing your civvies then ? tongue

Quote (Che)
The Red Blok always knew where they were.
Yeah....my bad.

i'm going to be better organised this time ...promise. senile

Going to use proper army list sheets and everything. happy

BanksiDate: Wednesday, 08-Jun-2011, 22:26:38 | Message # 19
Major general
Quote (Che)

Sorry, Just cos both of you dont have Cogs or Medtec doesnt mean you can Dis all there advantages, I mean obviously the guy who tried these tactics was an Eldar player of some standing and used to taking rules to the extreme and folding normal space via warp drive, So NO dont see any problem with it.

Takes off Rose coloured glasses and comes off of Eldar runed soap box, Returns to normality biggrin
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

CheDate: Thursday, 09-Jun-2011, 20:23:18 | Message # 20
Lieutenant general
Cogs were never mentioned and I have no objection to medtecs, but parachuting a container into a room....the red mist, the voices, the flying striders are coming to get me %).

Quote (zellak)
So you wont mind people borrowing your civvies then ?

Anyone is wecome to my civvies, alien or human. I'll bring 'em in on Sunday and leave them with your Limos

Added (09-Jun-2011, 8:23 PM)

Quote (zellak)
Going to use proper army list sheets and everything.

How ironic. I was going to stop using the sheets and go to A4 paper. I suppose we should all standardise shouldn't we smile .

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » New AT-43 Campaign
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024