[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » New AT-43 Campaign
New AT-43 Campaign
BalrogDate: Friday, 01-Jul-2011, 10:21:02 | Message # 61
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Quote (zellak)
The campaign rules it is no longer fit for service and is destroyed (the members go for some R&R?).

Hi Z ... Can u tell me what page is this ref on? ... Thanks, Walts

Added 10:34am
====================================================================

Just found it ... Page 77 on the Frostbite Campaign Rules ... so losing a unit would
be a lot more damaging in following weeks! OUCH!! ... Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 01-Jul-2011, 10:39:55 | Message # 62
Generalissimo
Good man....beat me to it, i was just going to post ...Op Frostbite , page 77, numbers and losses.

To slow dry

Added (01-Jul-2011, 10:38 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Not just losing a unit, but having it reduced to a point where it takes morale checks every round, means its as good as dead.

Added (01-Jul-2011, 10:39 Am)
On the up side though, there are a lot of containers on these maps. (Emerald Mountain)

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Friday, 01-Jul-2011, 12:35:53 | Message # 63
Aun Va III
So, with the Frostbite Campaign rule reading ... "A unit whose numbers or situation would force it to take a Morale test is destroyed, even when it doesn’t take the test (because it has the “Nerves of steel” ability for instance);" ... does that mean IanB's unit is removed from week 2? Obviously, there's a bit of confusion about rolling for morale with hero's (& officer's) in general, so I would allow him too keep the unit, but from now on the rule stands as it should be?

Or we could do ... "in the hands of the dice gods" ... that he rolls a 50/50 chance to save them? Personally, I think he should keep them and lesson learned by all for the upcoming battles, but EVERYONE has the option to revamp ALL their companies because the rule can be damaging to small unit numbers and players might want to add or restructure them? ... Walts

PS, I keep reading the AT-43 Rulebook (Pages 47 & 48) about units, officers & heroes with a lot of confusion! I'll keep reading again, and see if I see a light at the end of the tunnel ... most likely with a train coming down it!!!

zellakDate: Friday, 01-Jul-2011, 23:16:47 | Message # 64
Generalissimo
Remember ...the rules have been translated from French, and in some places there are slight problems (grammar/syntac errors).

i find them endearing, up to now we have not been playing as much the letter of the law.....more the spirit of the game. biggrin

Added (01-Jul-2011, 11:16 PM)
We already agreed on Sunday that companies in HQ could be changed/rewritten.

Under the Re-organisation thing.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Saturday, 02-Jul-2011, 07:54:59 | Message # 65
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Added (01-Jul-2011, 11:16 PM)
We already agreed on Sunday that companies in HQ could be changed/rewritten.

Under the Re-organisation thing.

Hi Z ... Yeah, I "vaguely" remembered that, but the Q I had in mind was that in the rules IanB should be down a unit (and their AP's), so does he lose those AP's when re-organising? I'm guessing he can call in reinforcements, but is that at a cost of AP's or is he limited to AP's in the Spaceport when the next weeks battle starts?

Still reading through the Frostbite Campaign rules, so please bare with my many Q's ... Walts

BanksiDate: Saturday, 02-Jul-2011, 13:17:25 | Message # 66
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote (Balrog)
Hi Z ... Yeah, I "vaguely" remembered that, but the Q I had in mind was that in the rules IanB should be down a unit (and their AP's), so does he lose those AP's when re-organising? I'm guessing he can call in reinforcements, but is that at a cost of AP's or is he limited to AP's in the Spaceport when the next weeks battle starts?

The point about loosing the unit is that the rules are scattered between books and it was not totally clear that a hero isn't really part of a unit, one part says he is added then another says he isn't. For my part i wouldn't have put a hero in a small unit if I thought it would weaken it. So for this time only I'm looking for some leeway on this rule and not loose the unit plus to change that army list to suit.

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Saturday, 02-Jul-2011, 13:33:17 | Message # 67
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)

Yes he would lose the unit and have to buy it back again using AP gathered during all the battles he plays for that week of the campaign. He still has a battle tomorrow , in which he may also lose units and gain more RP (those RP he does not spend on bringing in the rest of his force...converts into MP which are used to buy reinforcements and pay for all the other skullduggery...spies / sabotage/ artillery)

The MP is totalled for all the battles you play that campaign week and can be used on any Company.

BalrogDate: Saturday, 02-Jul-2011, 14:30:50 | Message # 68
Aun Va III
Quote (Banksi)
The point about loosing the unit is that the rules are scattered between books and it was not totally clear that a hero isn't really part of a unit, one part says he is added then another says he isn't. For my part i wouldn't have put a hero in a small unit if I thought it would weaken it. So for this time only I'm looking for some leeway on this rule and not loose the unit plus to change that army list to suit.

Hi IanB ... As I mentioned before, I would agree that the rules need confirming between all factions, but as I'm not "really" affiliated with anyone, I would say you keep your unit (and back to full strength for week 2) without any point loss and can reorganise ALL UNITS NOW before any more battles, or without having to apply MP/AP's for "week 2's" campaign stage.

Quote (zellak)
Yes he would lose the unit and have to buy it back again using AP gathered during all the battles he plays for that week of the campaign. He still has a battle tomorrow , in which he may also lose units and gain more RP (those RP he does not spend on bringing in the rest of his force...converts into MP which are used to buy reinforcements and pay for all the other skullduggery...spies / sabotage/ artillery)

The MP is totalled for all the battles you play that campaign week and can be used on any Company.

Hi Z ... The main reason I'm asking Q's about the rules is actually to iron out any "bugs" in them so we can use them in our upcoming Modern Warfare Campaign. Obviously, hero's/officer's could be a command post, a unit applied to a company, etc, so if I can get an understanding of these oddities, then I could look to create a campaign map similer to what is used in the AT-43 campaigns.

Regarding the rules, I'm enjoying reading the campaign notes, bonuses & "skullduggery" that players can get up too, so "week 2" will be the most interesting for me too watch.

Come on Comrade Che and the Red Blok! ... opps!, did I say I wasn't biased!!!

Walts

BalrogDate: Saturday, 02-Jul-2011, 14:39:26 | Message # 69
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Normally vehicles can go through doorways as long as they are wide enough, no one has ever questioned the height of the doorway before this game.

So it was a new situation. ... Perhaps we should rule that no vehicles can enter the control tower. ???

Hi Z ... I would say no vehicle can enter the control tower "room", and possibly other "rooms"
with door height considerations in other sector areas, but there are a couple of zones they
can land/fire from, like IanB had done for most of rounds before entering the room,

Walts

BanksiDate: Sunday, 03-Jul-2011, 17:47:40 | Message # 70
Major general
Group: Administrators
Here is the Campaign map for Week 2

Good battle today, interesting match between the UNA and the Karmans, The Karmans getting a rest for week 2 after the Libra company being grounded on there HQ by the Therians.
Attachments: 8618745.jpg (79.2 Kb)

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Sunday, 03-Jul-2011, 20:48:15 | Message # 71
Generalissimo
I think we need a new thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Emerald Mountain Week 2 ....or something. ???

Go spider-suicide-bombers !!! getting in and blowing up the Libra banana store !!

GET IN THERE !!! biggrin
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 03-Jul-2011, 20:50:13

gerrywithaGDate: Sunday, 03-Jul-2011, 20:51:33 | Message # 72
Major general
Group: Confirmed
You mean I actually have to THANK the Therians??? biggrin biggrin biggrin

Oh God!!!! wacko wacko wacko

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

zellakDate: Sunday, 03-Jul-2011, 20:58:41 | Message # 73
Generalissimo
I wouldn't be to quick with that thanks.

I'm sending in the ONI...the spaceport will be ours.....MWU HA HAAAAA !

NemesisDate: Monday, 04-Jul-2011, 05:16:08 | Message # 74
Lieutenant
Hi Folks, have just looked at the NAWGC site for the first time in about two months!! biggrin Anyway, I will keep on making monkey soup, tomato ketchup and whatever else until my AWOL commander shows up wacko PFC Kill-em-all-and-let-god-decice.

CheDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2011, 20:51:07 | Message # 75
Lieutenant general
I would just like to remind everyone we are playing a game. It's fiction, a bit of fun, a larff who gives a **** about heroes and officers and the number of members/fighters in a unit. I was wondering where all the pleasure I used to get from playing wargames went. Then I read this thread and found out.

My apologies for this outburst, but I find it all a little overwhelming. Maybe my simple, overage brain can't take it anymore. Maybe I should give up and retire.
Message edited by Che - Tuesday, 05-Jul-2011, 21:02:33

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » New AT-43 Campaign
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024