Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » FINISHING CURRENT CAMPAIGN
FINISHING CURRENT CAMPAIGN
CheDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 19:49:55 | Message # 41
Lieutenant general
Group: Member
Quote (Balrog)
What u playing at "Crazy Indian" Che, as u will now be known! ... Walts

Saying something then thinking better of it. I've posted outrageous things then regretted it in the past, and I'm not doing it again. Caution is my watchword from now on wink .

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

BalrogDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 19:53:58 | Message # 42
Aun Va III
I hear yah "Crazy Indian" Che! wacko friends wacko ... Walts

zellakDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 20:13:33 | Message # 43
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
Ahhhhhh, now I see why Z created the flying Wyvern!

I invented the Wyvern so i could use the model.

No other reason.

Da Umpire also ruled on Sunday that i could use the Wyvern,

Same stats as a Kraken ....but

Advantage : can fly

Disadvantages : loses nanogenerator / 130 mm base / guns only fire in forward arc.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 22:19:32 | Message # 44
Aun Va III
ALL decisions by Da' Umpire where based on the old campaign. As we're now moving onto a new campaign, we need to address EVERYTHING again, imho. Obviously, we'll be able to work through rule & armybook tweaks quickly as we've seen them cause nothing but game dynamic disasters, and especially as we will have more players on board who should have a right to have their say.

If the campaign ruleset is left as it should be for the new campaign, then the Therian player can pay the points for a Kraken as his troop carrier & the campaign "Jump System" to gain the capabilities of flying ... as the game was designed! ... Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 16:10:37 | Message # 45
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
ALL decisions by Da' Umpire where based on the old campaign. As we're now moving onto a new campaign, we need to address EVERYTHING again

Says who ?

Gerry is the Umpire and he makes all the decisions....if you cannot accept those conditions, then i suggest you rethink joining in the new campaign.

That may sound a bit harsh, but no one wants to go back to arguing over every point brought up.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 16:39:02 | Message # 46
Major general
Hi

Gerry is the Umpire and he makes all the decisions....if you cannot accept those conditions, then i suggest you rethink joining in the new campaign.

That was the deal with Gerry taking up the headmaster/umpire role, and I find it disrespectfull to now question his judgment/ruling because it's not to your taste.

ALL decisions by Da' Umpire where based on the old campaign

No all deisions by the umpire are due to the fact that we act like complete tards on the forum and cant sort out even the simple little rule problems without five pages of utter mince from some members.

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 16:46:40

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 19:16:21 | Message # 47
Aun Va III
@Zellak ... Some thoughts on ur comment ...

Quote (zellak)
Says who ?

I thought we ALL agreed that we would start the new campaign without carrying over the old campaign problems? Wasn't it u that said ... "Learning from our mistakes" ... elsewhere? How do we learn if we carry over those mistakes?

Quote (zellak)

I'm more than happy to accept Da' Umpires decisions in all things, when I know we've ALL made an effort to remove errors made in the last campaign. In the five minutes I was informed about the new guidelines for the Karman CoF, I've pointed out that the group have made another error in judgement ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/forum/7-169-2#2061

... in creating the rule that now no Line of Sight stops close combat engagements!?!?

Quote (zellak)
That may sound a bit harsh, but no one wants to go back to arguing over every point brought up.

So we're just going to pass the old mistakes into some new ones, with extra mistakes added into the mix? Nice way to start a new campaign ... "Learning from our mistakes" ... Walts

BalrogDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 19:20:32 | Message # 48
Aun Va III
@Pav ... Some thoughts on ur comments ...

Quote (pavlov)
That was the deal with Gerry taking up the headmaster/umpire role, and I find it disrespectfull to now question his judgment/ruling because it's not to your taste.

I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but when I'm not included in discussions for the new campaign then I'm obviously going to want my say. I thought that was the first rule of thumb in all rule making, then the umpire would give his final decision??? As it's a new campaign I will be playing in, then don't I have a right to say my peace, especially as I've pointed out that the group have now made another decision that no line of sight stops close combat engagements ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/forum/7-169-2#2061

That's why ideas need to be thrashed out online to cover any possible problems, which no-one picked up on when sitting round the table, again! Time & effort seem to be sadly lacking in starting this new campaign, and everyones happy with inheriting the old mistakes without addressing all the old rules. Wasn't it zellak that said ... "Learning from our mistakes" ... from where I'm sitting, we just adding to the old ones! ... Walts

pavlovDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 19:36:27 | Message # 49
Major general
Hi

I thought we ALL agreed that we would start the new campaign without carrying over the old campaign problems.

When.

I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but when I'm not included in discussions for the new campaign

This is not for the new campaign it's for the game and the umpire looks at the problem with the rules and then fixes them he's heard all the guff that folk have said about th KM and decided FINAL. And let's face it you were included in the dioscussions on this forum and on other forums.

As it's a new campaign I will be playing in, then don't I have a right to say my peace, especially as I've pointed out that the group have now made another decision that no line of sight stops close combat engagements

1. Walter if you search through the relevant threads you will find that you had plenty to say so i'm sorry that this is not to your liking but the umpire has decided.

2. If you read the description of the KM and how were now going to play the rules for it then you will find that your fears for overall HtH combat are groundless.

We thrashed out problems for months with no fixes, the forum does not work for rule problems that's why Gerry is the umpire.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 20:14:40 | Message # 50
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
I thought we ALL agreed that we would start the new campaign without carrying over the old campaign problems? Wasn't it u that said ... "Learning from our mistakes" ... elsewhere? How do we learn if we carry over those mistakes?

We are learning from our mistakes...the Umpire makes all decisions, all decisions are final.

Quote (Balrog)
I've pointed out that the group have made another error in judgement ...

i was present when Gerry set down the new rules, and yes i did notice at the time the inference of LOS with close assault.

i made no comment on it , because at one point back in the previous conversation on this forum, both you and i both agreed that perhaps the CoF did prevent close combat. I was certainly at one point happy for this to be the case in order to bring a resolution to the debate.
(i later changed my mind as i dont think the two lines of text mentions close assault.)

BUT... it does not matter what i think as i am not the Umpire.... i agree with Gerry and back his decision.

pavlovDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 20:21:45 | Message # 51
Major general
Hi

Is this now going to be a universal law

YES

If a unit cannot see an opposing unit, then they can't run round the cornor of a building and assault them

No just Karman units behind the CoF. CoF does in a way stop HtH since you can't pass through flames.

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 20:23:42

BalrogDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 21:50:55 | Message # 52
Aun Va III
Soz Guys ... Seems I got the idea of a new campaign as a fresh start to review everything and start anew? Guess not!

So ur saying that ONLY the KM can have the no close combat rule if LoS is blocked by the CoF? That is what I had "agreed" with some time ago, but only from the rear, as Da' Umpire has stated. As the front of the KM has no CoF to protect it, it can be assualted from the front as LoS isn't blocked in any way ... Yeah, that is what I thought a while ago, but my thoughts of playing the rules as written and using the armybooks as written doesn't support that concept.

I kidded myself on that we would look to the game overall and sort out the problems with the core rules as written, but as ur content to continue to use the old one's with all their quirks ... I'll abide by Da' Umpires decision! wink wacko ... Walts

gerrywithaGDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 22:13:33 | Message # 53
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Gents,

I go to work and come back to .............Armageddon. Have just got in. Food first and then this nonsense.

Not impressed by a number of comments and I will be replying to them all!!!!!

You have been warned!!!! angry angry angry

Da'Umpire!!!!!!

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BalrogDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 22:26:57 | Message # 54
Aun Va III
Soz Gerry ... I had an idea in my head that we would review everything as it's a new campaign. That idea's been binned and I've accepted the old rules are still in force ... I'm OK with that. The only minor problem I had was with the mention of the KM not being engaged for H2H because of no Line of Sight, and mistook this rule tweak as a universal law for all other units ... that no unit can be engaged by another if there is no LoS.

Pav has put me right with that misunderstanding, so u don't need to knock urself out with responding to my cack a... Apologies for the aggro (again!) ... Walts

PS Do u want me to create a new discussion group for our new AT-43 FB Campaign? Things are really messy in the AT-43 forums at the mo and I've half a mind to get the structure right across all FORUM game sectors (ie 40k & AT-43) ... Let me know, Walts

pavlovDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 22:59:13 | Message # 55
Major general
Hi

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, better run homeland security have just arrived. biggrin

gerrywithaGDate: Friday, 10-Feb-2012, 23:14:03 | Message # 56
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Quote (pavlov)
Hi

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, better run homeland security have just arrived.

HA!! Run whilst you can!!!!!!!!!!!!And don't upset the Umpire!!!!!!!!!!!It's amazing how OBJECTIVE he can be when he wants to!!!!! dry dry dry

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » FINISHING CURRENT CAMPAIGN
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024