[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » FINISHING CURRENT CAMPAIGN
FINISHING CURRENT CAMPAIGN
pavlovDate: Tuesday, 07-Feb-2012, 21:23:53 | Message # 21
Major general
Group: Member
Hi

Yet agan it's not a comment or a point of view just a question and Gerry's post is not a 3+ cover save. I dont want to make an assumption regarding the answer.

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

gerrywithaGDate: Tuesday, 07-Feb-2012, 22:57:01 | Message # 22
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Okay Gents,

ENUF!!!!! Let's stick to the question of whether we continue the campaign or not and not hijacking my thread wacko wacko

Da'Umpire

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BanksiDate: Wednesday, 08-Feb-2012, 00:54:16 | Message # 23
Major general
Group: Administrators
I am violently opposed to anyone being made the winner in this campaign, there has been too many flaws during the whole debacle.

1, Created units used which where not play tested - illegal units IMHO
2. So called new Rackham units being used from a pdf
3. Arguments over rules, scenarios etc, all lead to bad feeling and a campaign that sucked.
4. On my own part a gentlemanly gesture towards another player was not reciprocated by the same faction when an opportunity arose.

I left the campaign, knowing I have made an error, which may or may not have lost me that game, we will never know because I Retreated, not due to my mistake but due to the reaction from my opponent.

Message edited by Banksi - Wednesday, 08-Feb-2012, 01:50:23

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

NemesisDate: Wednesday, 08-Feb-2012, 07:49:16 | Message # 24
Lieutenant
angry ---- Seems we can't even decide whether to end a campaign or not without arguing!!!

So here's my vote

Congratulations on your win Zellak
Message edited by Nemesis - Wednesday, 08-Feb-2012, 07:49:53

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 08-Feb-2012, 11:34:03 | Message # 25
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... I guess Marko's put the final nail in the coffin for this FB Campaign.

As too Banksi's comments, I would have to agree on some points ... There's no need to create ANY new unit types/abilities for the current army books that are floating about. Each has a fine balance in pro's and con's to make battles between the factions interesting. Tweaking them to only have advantages is wrong, imho.

As too arguments over everything, to me, this is due to lack of play-testing out the bugs, especially in the various sectors. Players will always fight their army's corner, so when their in a sector, they will try and get as many advantages from defending that position while we're trying to iron out it's bugs ... not the way to play-test anything! Impartial views & opinions are needed to get things right before the new FB Campaign should start!

From "speaking" with players in other forums, their ALL of a mind that any one faction can defeat an opponents on any given day when players have enough experience and know-how to do so. Strangely enough, as I was watching Marko's UNA battle Zellak's Therians, it all came down to dice rolls on the day, and some wonky gameplay! Granted, Marko needed higher rolls, maybe a 4+ on average compared to Z's 3+, but the dice gods where in the Therians corner. Marko made one mistake in his strategy with knowing his troops, and getting his range wrong with a mortar attack which forced him near to Z's Arachn's, which climbed over the unit and destroyed it, turning the whole tide of the battle! From it's original position, the AFV could have bombarded the Arachn's for two rounds without having to worry and totally destroy them, but we'll never know. Even with the best strategy, tactics, gameplay, troops, etc, the dice gods ALWAYS decide!

So, I say move on. If Zellak wants the campaign victory, let him have it. Who cares ... this campaigns claimed way to many players heads for it to be something to boast about!

My concern is with transferring the problems we have now to the new campaign, and ending up in the same scenario one year later! A review on ALL inHouse Rules needs to be addressed, especially if victory's are won with any "Foul Play!" Firstly, it's a game! Lets not add in rules that reflect true life ideals, e.g. LoS getting waaaaaay to technical in my book. Let everyone have their say and let Da' Umpire decide. We're never all going to agree on rules that work against us, so the least number of rule tweaks the better in my book.

Just some more of ranting's! ... Walts!

zellakDate: Wednesday, 08-Feb-2012, 17:23:34 | Message # 26
Generalissimo
Quote (Nemesis)
Congratulations on your win Zellak.

Thanks Nemesis....thats very sporting of you. happy

i did not win this alone, Tom captured the Starport, when i failed to.

And for that deserves a share of the glory.

<<<<<<DOES LAP OF HONOUR !>>>>>>
Message edited by zellak - Wednesday, 08-Feb-2012, 17:50:08

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

gerrywithaGDate: Wednesday, 08-Feb-2012, 20:01:46 | Message # 27
Major general
Well Gents,

I think that that is it. I think we all learned a number of valuable lessons from this campaign which will enable us to deal with the rules etc better in the next one.

One or two for me listed below
Armies taken from the army books / authorised sources only
Umpire in place from the very start
Umpire determines how the scenario is interpreted
No Gentleman's agreements ingame( It affects the strategic side of the game too much)
ALL army lists checked prior to the campaign starting

Cheers

Da'Umpire

BalrogDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 00:34:12 | Message # 28
Aun Va III
Hi Gerry ... I would agree that the Da' Umpire gives a final verdict on all things, but I do believe we all want our say as well?

Authorised sources ... that's going to be a stumbling block with the Storm Arachns for me, especially as some global "players" say the new ones floating around where binned because of the "Group Sacrifice" not being tested and based on Version 2 of the AT-43 core ruleset. Depending on who u "speak" too, u'll always get different opinions. Mines always goes with a written copy as gospel! But, even errata's for them get published! sad

Umpire points ... yeah, as long as I get too rant! wink

Gentlemen's agreements are a No-No for sure. Play the rules as written.

Army lists .. yeah, that should be fun for u! happy ... Walts

gerrywithaGDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 00:59:01 | Message # 29
Major general
Quote (Balrog)
I would agree that the Da' Umpire gives a final verdict on all things, but I do believe we all want our say as well?

Have no issue with that but once a decision is made on something there is no going back and no further discussion on it

Quote (Balrog)
Authorised sources ... that's going to be a stumbling block with the Storm Arachns for me, especially as some global "players" say the new ones floating around where binned because of the "Group Sacrifice" not being tested and based on Version 2 of the AT-43 core ruleset. Depending on who u "speak" too, u'll always get different opinions. Mines always goes with a written copy as gospel! But, even errata's for them get published!

We need to decide what we are accepting as authorised sources. I included that phrase as otherwise the understairs erratta/FAQ falls into that category and if the Storm Arachns aren't authorised it could be argued that neither is the FAQ. In fact that arguement for that would probably be stronger as it isn't the original Rackham FAQ anymore

Quote (Balrog)
Umpire points ... yeah, as long as I get too rant!

Only if there's a point to the rant!!!! biggrin

Quote (Balrog)
Army lists .. yeah, that should be fun for u!

Yeah, Always wanted to be a schoolteacher....NOT!!!! I'm not marking them for people, but they will be checked before the campaign starts otherwise we don't get underway and there will be no changing them every two minutes. In fact I might even put a MP cost to doing that during the campaign. Another tweak for my list( But this tweak affects EVERYBODY!!!!!!) wink

Cheers

Gerry

BanksiDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 01:02:22 | Message # 30
Major general
@ Zellak... Perhaps you don't realise the effect your win at all cost has on people... I am at this time considering whether or not to return to the club. Your so called victory lap isn't making it any easier, but then again you seem to enjoy hollow victories.

@Da@umpire

I like the plan for future campaigns so far.

gerrywithaGDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 01:11:09 | Message # 31
Major general
Quote (Banksi)
@Da@umpire

I like the plan for future campaigns so far.

Cheers for that. I hope we'll see the Karmans in the midst of all the fighting!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Da'Umpire

BalrogDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 01:25:19 | Message # 32
Aun Va III
Hi Gerry ... Some thoughts on ur thoughts ... friends

Quote (gerrywithaG)
Have no issue with that but once a decision is made on something there is no going back and no further discussion on it
Agree 100%!

Quote (gerrywithaG)
We need to decide what we are accepting as authorised sources. I included that phrase ...
We're never going to be 100% on anything that comes our way. We just have to look at each issue and assess what we think is right, but players basing opinions on advantages to their factions is what always gets me. Impartial opinions are what we need to be making when issues come up!

Quote (gerrywithaG)
Only if there's a point to the rant!!!!
Oh, I can always find a point, trust me! wink ... Walts

BanksiDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 02:30:04 | Message # 33
Major general
Quote (gerrywithaG)
Armies taken from the army books / authorised sources only

How about if it has a proper AT-43 card to go with it, that would make it authorised.
Message edited by Banksi - Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 02:41:45

BalrogDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 08:50:18 | Message # 34
Aun Va III
Quote (Banksi)
How about if it has a proper AT-43 card to go with it, that would make it authorised.

@Banksi ... Not sure what u mean? Do u mean the Therian Wyvern has no card ergo it's a No-No? I don't think there's official cards available for the Red Blok BTR5, or the Therian Kraken ... or is there? ... to name a few.

Remember, the cards do not show the special abilities that units can perform. For example, the Storm Arachns ability "Group Sacrifice" is only listed in the PDF manual, so as they have a card, they get to keep this ability? ... Walts

zellakDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 17:39:50 | Message # 35
Generalissimo
The Wyvern Golgoth:

Although the Kraken Golgoth cannot fly....remember that in the rules, it is possible for AFV to fly if their Company buys the Rocket Jump ability for 250MP.

This means that the Therians can still jump across the ice floes in the Black Fortress battlefront, and also across chasms found in all battlefronts.

So flying Therian transports are legal. And must have been playtested at some point.

Its not just the fact they can fly, its the Dash Therian routine that gives the true advantage.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 17:56:34 | Message # 36
Major general
Hi

I thought that this had been sorted afv's cannot fly, or are we changing that again, so with that in mind can the firecrawler and the dotcha yaga now fly if so cooooooooool.

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 17:59:02

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 18:05:59 | Message # 37
Generalissimo
I am talking about the basic rules as written and playtested by Rackham.

In their version Dotch Yaga can fly.

BalrogDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 18:07:46 | Message # 38
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
Hi

I thought that this had been sorted afv's cannot fly, or are we changing that again, so with that in mind can the firecrawler and the dotcha yaga now fly if so cooooooooool.

Alan

Ahhhhhh, now I see why Z created the flying Wyvern! I'd forgotten about that tweak.

So, as the rules of a "Jump System" (if played as they should be @ 100%) do give all AFV's flying capabilites, but u have to pay the 250 points for them, I say go back to that original rule. It's 250 points ... the price of a unit, so not really cheap ... Walts

CheDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 19:32:27 | Message # 39
Lieutenant general
Message deleted

Added (09-Feb-2012, 6:32 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Balrog)
I don't think there's official cards available for the Red Blok BTR5, or the Therian Kraken ... or is there? ... to name a few.

There are no cards for any transports except the ONI one. The other transports stats are in the Frostbite book if I'm not mistaken.
Message edited by Che - Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 19:26:51

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

BalrogDate: Thursday, 09-Feb-2012, 19:33:28 | Message # 40
Aun Va III
Quote (Che)
Message deleted

What u playing at "Crazy Indian" Che, as u will now be known! ... wink wacko wink Walts

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » FINISHING CURRENT CAMPAIGN
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024