[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » 20th February
20th February
CheDate: Sunday, 13-Feb-2011, 19:02:37 | Message # 1
Lieutenant general
Group: Member
[b]Does anyone have anything they want to play next Sunday? I'll go with most things but I don't fancy an RPG tongue .

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Monday, 14-Feb-2011, 21:26:00 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
i will be in. Looks like there are a lot of people with nowt planned.

Quote (Che)
but I don't fancy an RPG

Unless its attached to a Soldaty. biggrin (AT-43 joke tongue )

BTW , your Vrachov and Timofiveya are on their way here from the good ole USA.

Back to Sunday.................We could do a knockabout with the Gang War game we were talking about last week ?

We would need 100 gangers, 100 cards and wee sticky labels to number the figs.
What about using the Space Crusade combat system. As its so easy ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Tuesday, 15-Feb-2011, 18:40:07 | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
cool Sounds like a plan to me. Not too familiar with Space Crusade but I seem to remember it is fast and furious. I'll bring in any likely figures I've got and try and find labels. Also don't remember ordering any AT-43 heroes, but all are gratefully accepted. We can sort oput the financial aspect on Sunday. I'm a bit strapped (ooer missus) surprised

zellakDate: Tuesday, 15-Feb-2011, 21:11:41 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
No probs about dosh for the heroes. You can pay it up 10p a week. tongue

Space crusade uses the red and white dice we were using as VP counters.
The figures have an armour value, roll over the armour to score damage. Dead easy! (pardon the pun biggrin )

In melee both combatants roll their dice and loser takes the difference in damage points, simples.

Incredibly quick and bloody.

I was thinking 4 ranks like the Rules With No Name (RWNN)

Tough ............armour 0......... lives 3.......... Cool (morale) 4(vs 2d6)........ HtoH 1 white dice

Soldier.......... armour 1........... lives 4............ cool 6 ...............................HtoH 2 white dice

Street samurai... armour 2 .........lives 5 ...........cool 8........................... HtoH 3 white dice

Gang Leader........ armour 2.......... lives 6.......... cool 10 .....................HtoH 4 white dice

Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 15-Feb-2011, 21:13:41

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Wednesday, 16-Feb-2011, 18:42:24 | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Looks OK to me. Looking forward to mixing it up on the mean streets. cool

zellakDate: Wednesday, 16-Feb-2011, 21:03:03 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
Looks OK to me. Looking forward to mixing it up on the mean streets.

Jolly Good !

So the original plan was also to have 40 of the figures represent "hired guns" , ie npc types who guard the hoods.

Hired Gun .....armour 1.....life 1.....cool 6................. H to H 2 white dice.

Some Rules :

When the characters card is turned he can do 2 actions ;
ACTION LIST........

move 6" (or 8" ???)

Aim (allows a reroll of one die when shooting)

Shoot

Fight melee

Recover

First Aid (Skill)

(these can be done in any order.)

(you cannot shoot in melee)

(and no one is pinned in melee.)

Combat styles; each character (not hired guns) has a style of fighting.

Leader ; can do anything.

Sniper : takes cover and shoots, if no targets then climbs a building to find one.

Camper ; takes cover and shoots ...but does not leave the deployment zone.

Gung ho : must move towards the enemy every turn.

Flanker ; tries to get around flank and shoot the enemy in the back....enters table deep on enemy side.

Buddy ; is paired with another character at start, and activates at the same time as their card is turned.
His card is not put in the deck.

Any ideas ?

RMcNDate: Thursday, 17-Feb-2011, 10:27:56 | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Could i suggest the use of teh Star Wars figs - see my photos for collection. Especially the Fringe for gangers and vehicles. Easily get 100 of them & easy to make up labels to specify figures stats. I am sure I have a fist full of dice adapted rules for SciFi that allow skills to be picked up fo PC characters. Not sure if just on paper or I have electronic file somewhere - I will have a look. I have alrady looked out the space crusade extra stuff for Kieran. So can get my hands on that.

I also have loads of well painted - very COOL Necromunda figures - see photo on website. But the star wars are easier to bring in and I don't get stressed about figs being chipped!!

Are we going by the - you don't activate until the card turned!! Which can be tedious for large numbers as fist full of dice. Or AT43 turn your cards face down in order they will be activated - might be more interesting!!

Will we need law enforcement - Walter has his Judges, I have Storm troopers!! surprised

zellakDate: Thursday, 17-Feb-2011, 21:17:20 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
I have 20 skills/equipment/traits worked out .

100 characters with each trait being duplicated 5 times ( 20 traits x5 characters= 100)

We need 1 card per character, each figure being identified by a number (1-100)

Its the joker in the deck that was the flaw in RWNN. Take it out and everyone gets a turn. happy

There are plenty of uniformed figures, even the UNA would do for Cops/Corp security teams.

Star wars minis might be a good idea, i will check out the pictures.

Added (17-Feb-2011, 8:54 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I have done the cards . 100 cards . 60 characters and 40 hired guns.

The hired guns defend 8 hoods ...Riverside, Richmond, Washington, Airport, The Projects, Chinatown, Shantytown and the Industrial Estate. In the city of Gibsonville. cool

We could use the star wars minis....it wouldn't look very cyberpunk.....but it would look like star wars....whatever.

Between the 25 gangers i have and Ian has about a dozen female gangers, we could make the rest of the characters up with (human) star wars minis ???????

The hired guns could be aliens i spose.

There are 12 gangs numbered 1-12 .
The number should be in the Gang Name.
Each gang starts with 5 members.

Here is the clever bit.
As gangers get killed, roll a die for the the miniature.
Characters respawn 1-12 in that gang number.
Hired Guns respawn in a hood. 1-8.
If a ganger has a trait/skill when he dies. Most of those traits respawn roll 1d100 to see who gets it.

Some of the traits are one shot equipment . which go to a fence,roll 1d6 (fence is a skill... there are 5 fences numbered 1-5. roll a 6 it goes to the Airport gang.)

Added (17-Feb-2011, 9:17 PM)
---------------------------------------------
There are 8 traits allotted to the hired guns

Addict ...random action roll a dice.

Traitor ....roll a d6 when challenged...456 okay (trait respawns at game end)... 123 switch sides.

Driver....not sure about this one ...depends on vehicles....rhinos ????

No-show....123 does not enter game ...gang counts a man down ! 456 he turns up, all is good.

Cyber spur... +1 red die in melee.

Smartgun link ... +1 red die shooting.

Grenade .... 2 red dice , big WH40K template. Respawns to Fence. range 12" scatter dice 1d6 "

Burnout...... roll cool test at start of every turn or bug out.

Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 17-Feb-2011, 21:06:24

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 09:00:31 | Message # 9
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... I wanted to get the rules for Cyper Punk and came across this thread on the game, "Gang Wars" ... is that Cyber Punk related? Are these the rules you use? Have you copied them into a document of some kind for download? Thanks, Walts
Message edited by Balrog - Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 09:02:54

zellakDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 10:11:53 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Yep , these are the rules.

Nothing is written down.....and its my game.....so rules are subject to change. wink

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 10:48:46 | Message # 11
Aun Va III
Are these the rules Che uses for Cyber Punk? ... Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 11:18:50 | Message # 12
Generalissimo
To repeat...............................

Yep, these are the rules.

(And you have played them before.)

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 11:29:49 | Message # 13
Aun Va III
Have I? Was it last week, otherwise I've well forgotten when!?

So they've nothing to do with Cyber Punk? What is Cyber Punk ... an RPG ... a boardgame? Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 11:40:53 | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Its a Genre.

There is an RPG of the same name.

What we are playing on Sunday is a small skirmish campaign.

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 11:50:00 | Message # 15
Aun Va III
That's why I'm getting a bit confused.

So we have teams of fighters, much like ur "Gang Wars" game?

Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 12:32:44 | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
So we have teams of fighters, much like ur "Gang Wars" game?

Yes, my gang wars game, and cyber punk gang wars, is the same game.

pavlovDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 19:03:03 | Message # 17
Major general
dont let walter see the rules pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease biggrin

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 20:08:11 | Message # 18
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
dont let walter see the rules pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Alan

Now, now ... let's have none of that! It's all in the interest of the game! wink

I promise to be good wargamer and just play, honest! surprised ... weeellllllllll, until I get a sniff at the rules wacko tongue

Walts

CheDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 22:14:00 | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
I shall try and be more precise when mentioning games in the future. Is the official club name for this 'Gang Wars'?

zellakDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 00:03:14 | Message # 20
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
I shall try and be more precise when mentioning games in the future. Is the official club name for this 'Gang Wars'?

Maybe we should call it Gibsonville ?

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » 20th February
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024