Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » New User, New Member (Hello)
New User, New Member
EtriganDate: Friday, 03-Feb-2012, 16:28:31 | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Member
While casually browsing the interwebs at Warhammer stuff (deals on eBay/buy and sell) cool I came across this website/forums of a wargaming club in Irvine, after having a look at the club info and photos I am just wondering about coming along on Sunday to see what it is like and what it is all about. I am into WHFB mainly but trying to get into 40k as well, (when wallet allows me to), pen and paper RPGS, online MMORPG, and the such so can anyone give me more of a heads up about who I who see or talk to on Sunday and more of what it would entail.?

“ Yarva Demonicus Etrigan.
Change, change the form of man.
Free the prince forever damned.
Free the might from fleshy mire.
Boil the blood in heart of fire.
Gone, gone the form of man,
Rise the demon Etrigan!

RMcNDate: Friday, 03-Feb-2012, 21:28:17 | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Hi I'm Ross (usually the meet and greeter)

Come along and introduce yourself. This weekend there will be a AT43, LOTR, Vietnem battle, 40K, and Bloodbowl. I am helping one of our members to assemble and paint a Bloodbowl team. There is going to be a 40K competition near the end of March.

We run lots of different games, the club members meet find people to play and arrange games through email and our blogs.

Several players can only make the club once a fortnight or longer and they often arrange games at other clubs or at each others houses.

The club has loads of terrain ready for you to use, and enthusiastic gamers at different levels of experience and of all ages eager to take on and help new players!!

As it says on our home page your first visit is free - directions and times also given. So if you can make it - we'll see you on Sunday.
Message edited by RMcN - Friday, 03-Feb-2012, 21:32:49

EtriganDate: Friday, 03-Feb-2012, 22:36:41 | Message # 3
Sergeant
Well I have always wanted to collect a Bloodbowl team and I am trying to start to get into 40k(got the codex and keep going back to read it), so I would probaly watch the 40k games and have a look at the Bloodbowl stuff(never played always wanted to). I have checked the main page now and commented on it. Also I live about 10mins from the hall. So I will be able to make it anyway

Rise the demon Etrigan!

BalrogDate: Friday, 03-Feb-2012, 23:25:05 | Message # 4
Aun Va III
Hi Etrigan ... Bloodbowls really popluar at the mo, so I'm sure some of the guys would show you the ropes. Ross is Chairman(?) of the club and does usually meet & greet new comers, but we're all happy for a chat if you approach us. What sort of 40K army do u have? I've the Tau Empire, but a newbie too the game ... just got the 5th Ed rules! Still need to get some practice under my belt before I consider getting into the March Tourny ... Walts

EtriganDate: Friday, 03-Feb-2012, 23:48:18 | Message # 5
Sergeant
I actually do not have a 40k army yet, my wallet has not stretched that far yet but I have the codex of my selected army of 'Nids, but funnily enough my 2nd choice was Tau. Still trying to confirm what I would need for my 'Nid force, I have also just been online pricing a Blood Bowl team and deciding on one if I ever get into it. All I hav so far are 2 WHFB armies both of 2000+pts so I think my next purchases are going to be 'Nids, Blood Bowl team and some for WHFB stuff

Rise the demon Etrigan!

mcbaleDate: Friday, 03-Feb-2012, 23:58:07 | Message # 6
Sergeant
Hey Etrigan

I'm Jack, usually known as Bale by the most of the club members. I'm starting to get back into WFB so give me a shout if you want a game and i'll sort out with you. smile

EtriganDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 00:07:18 | Message # 7
Sergeant
What Edition of the rules do you play? or even points/army you you, to be honest I havn't played for a bit so I would be more comfortable using a smaller force such as a small 1000pt game or the such

Rise the demon Etrigan!

ZealyotDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 00:32:27 | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Hey Etrigan I'm Kieran, if you're looking for some decent priced nid stuff talk to Kaimarion(Curtis) on sunday and see what kind of prices he could give you, trust me its a lot better than GW prices will ever be happy

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 00:48:27 | Message # 9
Lieutenant
Welcome aboard! Im Jamie mainly a 40k player (Eldar, Tau & Orks) and blood bowl skaven. Im not in on sunday but im sure ill meet you at some point biggrin How did you find the site btw? Just curious :P

mcbaleDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 01:05:21 | Message # 10
Sergeant
I'm starting to play Dark Elves, I play 7th edition mostly.
What armies fo you use?
Message edited by mcbale - Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 01:06:29

EtriganDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 01:12:23 | Message # 11
Sergeant
I mainly play Ogre Kingdoms and have plently of points of them, but I do have a bit of Beastmen as well, I mainly play 8th which is not too different to 7th but Ogres got better and cheaper with it lol biggrin

Rise the demon Etrigan!

kaimarionDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 01:21:53 | Message # 12
Sergeant
Hi there Etrigan and welcome to the club forums.
If you're ever wanting a game of 40k I have an army with me every Sunday and can easily bring down some Tyranids for you want to use them.
On the Fantasy side of things I do have a force of Chaos Daemons but I haven't played WFB in over 2 years haha.

Also if you're wanting super cheap GW models then just give me a shout.
Hope to see you on Sunday biggrin
Message edited by kaimarion - Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 01:34:37

EtriganDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 01:39:04 | Message # 13
Sergeant
hey Kaimarion, I would luv a game with 'Nids to see how they play for when I get them in case I don't like them and the chaos daemons I havnt played using Ogres so that would be fun, and yes I probaly would be interested in cheap stuff as well

Rise the demon Etrigan!

BalrogDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 07:43:14 | Message # 14
Aun Va III
Hi Etrigan ... What's ur actual name? I'm Walts, and some of the other guys have introduced themselves, so the guys will who to say hello to. wink

Going off at a tangent, over the years, players have all collected models from various manufacturers, just changed the rules. Here's some forum threads for other rules currently floating about ...

>>> Warpath >>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/forum/5-83-1

>>> Kings of War (Ideal for WHFB models!) >>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/forum/5-53-1

... Join in on the chit-chat and see if anyone bites! ... Walts

EtriganDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 14:59:29 | Message # 15
Sergeant
Lol, My actual name is Stewart, and I have browsed Mantic's website at the Kings of War section and the warpath section they are both very nice and it is something I have looked at, myself I don't mind various manufacturer models and the such such as my Beastmen Lord is from the www.avatars-of-war.com site because they do produce some very nice kits as well. I use www.sciborminiatures.com or www.titan-forge.com myself for proxy or better characters

Rise the demon Etrigan!

zellakDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 15:43:55 | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Hi Etrigan,

Welcome to the forum....hope to see you tomorrow. smile

I have a Beastman army to...though mine are BattleMasters/ D&D miniatures /world of warcraft/mage knight/ Heroscape mix

Anything that takes my fancy. biggrin Just getting into KoW at the moment.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

EtriganDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 20:16:06 | Message # 17
Sergeant
Always nice to meet another eatmen player, in my experience we are far and few between, although I have not touched mine in quite some time, and have been laid to rest until time arises again

Added (04-Feb-2012, 7:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Just wondering if I should bring anything along with me on Sunday, or will I be more taken in by watching so much to have time?

Rise the demon Etrigan!

mcbaleDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 21:34:20 | Message # 18
Sergeant
I'd say bring a fantasy army with you mate, I won't be in for long but there may be another fantasy player in.

EtriganDate: Saturday, 04-Feb-2012, 21:42:46 | Message # 19
Sergeant
Well I may bring a 1000pt-1500pt army to begin with just to get started off with just to see how I fare

Rise the demon Etrigan!

mcbaleDate: Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 00:29:41 | Message # 20
Sergeant
Sorry to mess you around Stewart, i'm not gonna make it in at all tomorrow.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » New User, New Member (Hello)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024