Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » Damocles » Tau Dominion AT-43 Army (Some advice/pointers/idea's on new armybook?)
Tau Dominion AT-43 Army
pavlovDate: Sunday, 11-Nov-2012, 20:47:28 | Message # 41
Major general
Group: Member
Hi

Bump as requested.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Monday, 12-Nov-2012, 21:20:41 | Message # 42
Generalissimo
Cheers Pavlov. happy

Officers (based on UNA)

Rank 1 Shas 'ui..... Authority 1 / Leadership 3 / Numbers bonus 0
Rank 2 Shas' vre.... Authority 1 / Leadership 4 / Numbers bonus 1
Rank 3 Shas' el...... Authority 2 / Leadership 5 / Numbers bonus 2
Rank 4 Shas' o....... Authority 4 / Leadership 7 / Numbers bonus 2
Rank 5 Ethereal..... .Authority 5 / Leadership 9 / Numbers bonus 3

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Devilfish Ethereal Command vehicle

Type 2 AFV

Cost 310 AP

Move 30 cm / Morale 6 / Armour 14 / CCD 5 / Transport 0

Frame 4 / Propulsion 2 / Weapons 2

Weapons x2 burst cannon ; ACC 3 / ROF 3/0 ...Pen.Dam 7/1

Equipment : Anti G generator. 3 ECM. Ethereal

designer notes

based on Devilfish APC

Bonus : Ethereal , ECM 3

Penalty : +60 AP , transport reduced to 0

For Ethereals who ride around the battlefield in a half-track .....like Rommel. ^_^

---------------------------------------------
Hammerhead MBT

Type 2 AFV

Cost 525 AP

Move 25 cm / Morale 6 / Armour 14 / CCD 5 / Transport 0

Frame 4 / Propulsion 2 / Weapons 4

Weapons x2 burst cannon : ACC 3 / ROF 3/0 ...Pen.Dam 7/1 .....SP 1

Weapon, Railgun : ACC 8 / RoF 1/0....PenDam 15/4 ....SP 2

Equipment : Anti G generator.

designer notes

based on Karman Jungle Buggy

Bonus : Railgun does 4 damage,

Penalty : Replace 2 AT guns with burst cannon. Reduced Morale -4. Railgun has no reroll.

Penalty : Reduced CCD -1

Question ?

How does the officer ranks work for AFV ?

i cannot find anything in the old Codex, and dont have the Tau Empire book to check the fluff.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 12-Nov-2012, 21:29:15

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 13-Nov-2012, 19:26:17 | Message # 43
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote (zellak)
Question ?

How does the officer ranks work for AFV ?

i cannot find anything in the old Codex, and dont have the Tau Empire book to check the fluff.

Hi z ... In 40k, officers in AFVs doesn't seem to register anywhere, but an Ethereal can bestow "Fearless" on the unit he leads, which means they do not need to roll for morale, other than that, no other benefits, unless the INF unit is an Honour Guard, then they cost more but get a +1 BS bonus.

Is that the kind of fluff u where looking for? wink ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Tuesday, 13-Nov-2012, 20:13:27 | Message # 44
Generalissimo
I was looking to find out about the rank of the fire warriors who crew the vehicles.

Maybe there are no bits of background fluff on that ?

Quote (Morgoth)
an Ethereal can bestow "Fearless" on the unit he leads, which means they do not need to roll for morale, other than that, no other benefits, unless the INF unit is an Honour Guard, then they cost more but get a +1 BS bonus.

Yeah, know that, maybe there should be an option for adding an Ethereal to a unit of Fire Warriors ? (giving Nerves of Steel)

Any other thoughts on the list ?

Thats stats for all the Tau stuff i have....so i'm ready to start testing.....if i can find an opponent.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 13-Nov-2012, 21:16:38 | Message # 45
Major general
Quote (zellak)
I was looking to find out about the rank of the fire warriors who crew the vehicles.

Maybe there are no bits of background fluff on that ?

In the Tau codex, there is no fluff about commanders in the AFVs, or rank status. Only Ethereals get any real bonuses, with the other "ranks" gaining higher Leadership & other stat increases, but that's based on INF support.

Looking at the 40k (6th Ed) rulebook, the quote ...
"the crews faith in their vehicle ... is absolute. Therefore, vehicles never take Morale checks for any reason."... shows Rank has never been an issue/required for AFV in the 40k game, so I doubt it's discussed in any other 40k codex's?

A unit should gain the "Nerves of Steel" if they have an Ethereal leader?

As too other thoughts, I'd like to gather everything you've posted and read it as an overall "armybook." I've seen many of the posts, but not really given it time to see how a "faction" would be formed and done a comparison against the UNA or Red Blok forces. Once I've got a couple of "factions" formed and done some comparisons, I'll be up for an AT43 game! cool ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Wednesday, 14-Nov-2012, 19:28:21 | Message # 46
Generalissimo
Here is my Tau 3000 AP list

Platoon 1
20 Kroot + Shaper................................................... 310 AP (assault group ; take objective)
6 Pathfinder............................................................. 410 AP ( Anti tank)
3 Crisis Battlesuit HQ .....Shas' vre...........................420 AP (Command group)
1 Devilfish APC..........................................................250 AP ( Transport for Fire Warriors)
1 Hammerhead MBT..................................................525 AP (in reserve)

Platoon 2
6 Fire Warriors + Shas'ui +Markerlight + grenades...240 AP ( Support assault group)
6 Fire warriors + Shas'ui + Markerlight+ grenades....240 AP (in reserve)
3 Kroot (scouts)...........................................................50 AP ( hold secondary objective)
1 Hammerhead MBT + Shas' El..................................555 AP ( Anti-tank )

Total........................................................................3000 AP

This force would be for use on a 4' x 4' game. (i'm short of 3 Kroot for this list, could use Gue'vesa.)

Gue'vesa ; humans who fight for the Tau, i have some converted Imperial Guard.

You can use this list for comparison to other AT-43 armies. biggrin

Say we were to play Tau vs Tau ?

Could you field 3000 AP ?
Message edited by zellak - Wednesday, 14-Nov-2012, 20:03:12

MorgothDate: Thursday, 15-Nov-2012, 09:09:38 | Message # 47
Major general
Hi z ... I'd be able to field a 3k army, but I'd like to see a bit more discussion on unit concepts and design. For example, fielding 20 models for Kroots is excessive, there's no heroes detailed anywhere and odd stats need a bit more +/- to achieve an overall balance before gameplay takes place, imho. As I haven't read an AT43 book in months, I'd like to digest what you listed, discuss things a lot more and put forward some suggestions of my own, so I don't see myself playing with a Tau army any time soon.

Having taken on more Mod support roles, which is paid work, I don't have the time to really apply myself to the new Tau army at the mo. I need to read ALL the AT43 rulebooks again, familiarise myself with the Tau army/models in general and give some thought to the overall army.

My next free timetable is the Xmas holidays, where I will be giving the Tau Dominion a lot more thought ... Walts

zellakDate: Thursday, 15-Nov-2012, 16:34:17 | Message # 48
Generalissimo
Quote (Morgoth)
I'd like to digest what you listed, discuss things a lot more and put forward some suggestions of my own, so I don't see myself playing with a Tau army any time soon.

Nothing i have posted is written in stone, i would like to hear suggestions from anyone who is interested in playtesting the Tau.

Quote (Morgoth)
My next free timetable is the Xmas holidays

I'm hoping to get a game (either with or against my Tau)...... before Xmas ! wink
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 15-Nov-2012, 16:35:37

MorgothDate: Saturday, 17-Nov-2012, 14:05:11 | Message # 49
Major general
Quote (zellak)
Nothing i have posted is written in stone, i would like to hear suggestions from anyone who is interested in playtesting the Tau.

Yeah, that's the beauty of the Damocles ruleset section now, that opinions, suggestions & ideas should all be consider as the restrictions of RAW no longer apply. But, not having read the current rules & armylists for some time, I feel my opinion or suggestions would be ... inept, to say the least ... on what's written and what I would like to suggest. Xmas is the only time I'll reaaaaalllllyyyy have for reading the lot over again and brainstorming!

That being said, I've just spent the last couple of hours looking at unit sizes across the current armies, and the 20 Kroots still seems excessive. The most I found was the Red Blok with 12 plus 3 for a captain, and 1 for "The ARC" faction ... 16 at most. Has Che every fielded 16? Even that's a load of models in a unit, but Red Blok do need the (cannon fodder!) numbers to last the distance. Maybe use the base 10 as a start with odd bonuses from faction and leaders?

My idea of the Tau was to take some snippest from the 40k armybook for ideas, but more based on their models than anything else. The idea of them having poor H2H & morale looks like it could weight against them too much as an overall army, but that's where playtesting comes in as you've said.

Quote (zellak)
I'm hoping to get a game (either with or against my Tau)...... before Xmas !

Maybe play against one of the other armies to see how the Tau perform? The Red Blok for example, as they seem to be the "weakest" of the other armies?

Walts

zellakDate: Saturday, 17-Nov-2012, 17:25:30 | Message # 50
Generalissimo
Quote (Morgoth)
The idea of them having poor H2H & morale looks like it could weight against them too much as an overall army, but that's where playtesting comes in as you've said.

No, not really.

During the design stage of any army list, you must decide what the strengths and weaknesses of the army will be.

In the case of the Tau, they have heavy firepower, ie hard hitting weapons, (though only average accuracy), and weak close combat ability.

Its how the Tau are generally perceived.

So playtesting wont change that. That concept is set in stone ! (for this list at any rate. wink )

i was copying the EE take on the Tau....so it is most likely very different from the Tau you have written.

Quote (Morgoth)
Maybe play against one of the other armies to see how the Tau perform? The Red Blok for example, as they seem to be the "weakest" of the other armies?

You can learn just as much from playtesting against the Tough armies too (Karmans / Cogs) cool

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<gets out fishing rod>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> biggrin

Quote (Morgoth)
and the 20 Kroots still seems excessive.

Yes, i agree, it would be too many.

Here is my Tau 3000 AP list (version 2 tongue )

Platoon 1
10 Kroot + Shaper................................................... 160 AP (assault group ; take objective)
6 Pathfinder............................................................. 410 AP ( Anti tank)
3 Crisis Battlesuit HQ .....Shas' vre...........................420 AP (Command group)
1 Devilfish APC..........................................................250 AP ( Transport for Fire Warriors)
1 Hammerhead MBT..................................................525 AP (in reserve)

Platoon 2
6 Fire Warriors + Shas'ui +Markerlight + grenades...240 AP ( Support assault group)
6 Fire warriors + Shas'ui + Markerlight+ grenades....240 AP (in reserve)
4 Gun Drones.............................................................200 AP ( hold secondary objective)
1 Hammerhead MBT + Shas' El...................................555 AP ( Anti-tank )

Total........................................................................3000 AP

Message edited by zellak - Saturday, 17-Nov-2012, 17:34:12

CheDate: Saturday, 17-Nov-2012, 21:15:57 | Message # 51
Lieutenant general
Message edited by Che - Saturday, 17-Nov-2012, 21:19:30

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

BanksiDate: Sunday, 18-Nov-2012, 01:17:53 | Message # 52
Major general
Quote (Che)

Love it, straight to the point!

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

CheDate: Sunday, 18-Nov-2012, 22:37:23 | Message # 53
Lieutenant general
This is what I meant to say before the alcohol took effect:
Quote (Morgoth)
Has Che every fielded 16?

No I haven't. I have fielded 12 point units but anymore than that and it can be a bit unmanageable. Plus you've still got to pay APs which restricts you for other unit types. Having said that I talked about this after Sunday's game with zellak and hinted I might try a swarming hordes type company - they just keep coming! smile

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Thursday, 08-Aug-2013, 08:56:52 | Message # 54
Generalissimo
Tau 3000 AP list ( version 3 )

Platoon 1
10 Kroot including Shaper upgrade......................... 160 AP (assault group ; take objective)
6 Pathfinder.............................................................. 410 AP ( Anti tank)
3 Crisis Battlesuit .....Shas' vre..................................420 AP ( Fire support)
1 Hammerhead MBT...................................................525 AP ( in reserve )

Platoon 2
6 Fire Warriors + Shas'ui +Markerlight + grenades....240 AP ( Support assault group)
6 Fire warriors + Shas'ui + Markerlight+ grenades.....240 AP ( in reserve )
4 Gun Drones.............................................................200 AP ( hold secondary objective)
1 Hammerhead MBT + Shas' El....................................555 AP ( HQ )

Total..........................................................................3000 AP

Thinking of adding an AI beacon to the Crisis Battlesuit Commander as an option. ????

This would give the Cogs "reinforcement" ability..... to create a unit of 4 gun drones for 4 LP.

Any opinions ?

To Walts; did you utilise this in your Cogs/Tau list ???
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 08-Aug-2013, 09:01:35

MorgothDate: Saturday, 10-Aug-2013, 05:34:11 | Message # 55
Major general
Quote (zellak)
Thinking of adding an AI beacon to the Crisis Battlesuit Commander as an option. ????

This would give the Cogs "reinforcement" ability..... to create a unit of 4 gun drones for 4 LP.

Any opinions ?

To Walts; did you utilise this in your Cogs/Tau list ???

Yeah, that might be a good idea. It's inline with their "tech-level" concept.

I'll need to dig out all my Tau Dominion stuff again and read over these "ancient tombs" ... I've lost track where we got too.

I've just been using UNA stats for games I've been having, but it would be better to give them their own tweaks, like the AI Beacon, with something diff about it? AT-43 does seem to be the most popular game at the mo @ the club, but we like to play it with the tiles. It just looks more "natural" for that game ... Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 30-Aug-2013, 18:37:30 | Message # 56
Generalissimo
Quote (Morgoth)
I've lost track where we got too

We never got anywhere. tongue

You never posted anything....not even your stats for Firewarriors. rolleyes

Which BTW, i still want to see. mellow

Added (30-Aug-2013, 5:37 PM)
Quote (Morgoth)
"ancient tombs"

I think the term you are looking for is "ancient tomes" ? wink

Still searching for the file ?....... no Indiana Jones are you ? taunt
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 30-Aug-2013, 18:41:15

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » Damocles » Tau Dominion AT-43 Army (Some advice/pointers/idea's on new armybook?)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024