Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » Point Of Order (Voting)
Point Of Order
gerrywithaGDate: Saturday, 12-Nov-2011, 23:55:32 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Confirmed
POINT OF ORDER

Where and when was it and who decided that players not at the face to face meetings would be unable to vote unless they gave a proxy vote to somebody?

This is completely undemocratic as there will be topics that may well come up on the day that a player who is unable to attend due to personal/work circumstances will not be able to affect and this is not acceptable.

All players should be able to have their vote on any amendments to the rules counted. The discussions at the face to face meetings should be suitably minuted and made available to all who can't attend. Otherwise we go down the route of potentially a minority affecting the majority and that isn't on.

Regards

Gwag

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BanksiDate: Sunday, 13-Nov-2011, 01:46:37 | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
Good point Gerry, Thats why I suggest we come up with a method that suits everyone.

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 16-Nov-2011, 01:27:58 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Group: Member
I've added in a suggestion into the current inHouse Rules as an idea to your valid point ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/forum/7-134-1

... which suggests that players can bring up new issues during the meetings, but no voting will take place on that issue if ANY players are missing. This will allow the said issue to be published on the website, discussed as normal via the web, then a face-2-face to give the final vote, with proxy available once again.

We're never in a situation where all players will be able to attend meetings, so we need to introduce a platform that suits as many players as possible. ANY ideas or suggestions are open to all club members, so please feel free to offer any other solutions ... EVERYTHINGS up for discussion! ... Walts

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » Point Of Order (Voting)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024