Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 inHouse - Updated (Current AT-43 inHouse Rules & Items 4 Discussion)
AT-43 inHouse - Updated
BalrogDate: Wednesday, 16-Nov-2011, 00:59:39 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Guys ... I've done the updates to the AT-43 inHouse Rules, with a page showing the final points for discussion ...

>>> AT-43 inHouse: 15th Nov, 2011

PLEASE contact me, or leave a post below, if I've got ANYTHING wrong ... Walts

Extract: Voting System Suggestion:
    Situations where players at the meeting want to introduce a new issue to
    the table have to realise that if players are missing from the face-2-face and as proxy voting relies on
    prior knowledge of the meetings agenda, that no voting can be carried out during that session. This
    allows all players time to prepare and proxy voting to come into play for players not at that table
    meeting or the next AT-43 sit-down? … Any suggestions or feedback?
Message edited by Balrog - Wednesday, 16-Nov-2011, 01:24:56

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 09:06:07 | Message # 2
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... To move things along with the AT-43 inHouse Rules, I've pencilled in my thoughts below on the various outstanding items for discussion. Hopefully, other players would have read the updated inHouse Rules and we can have another quick Face-2-Face one Sunday so we can get back to playing!

Cry "Havoc!," and let slip the dogs of war!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Voting System Suggestion:
Situations where players at the meeting want to introduce a new issue to the table have to realise that if players are missing from the face-2-face and as proxy voting relies on prior knowledge of the meetings agenda, that no voting can be carried out during that session. This allows all players time to prepare and proxy voting to come into play for players not at that table meeting or the next AT-43 sit-down.

My Thoughts: I'm happy with that! ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 09:14:37 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... To move things along with the AT-43 inHouse Rules, I've pencilled in my thoughts below on the various outstanding items for discussion. Hopefully, other players would have read the updated inHouse Rules and we can have another quick Face-2-Face one Sunday so we can get back to playing!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Firing Suggestion:
- More play-testing required for weapons LoS?
- Field of view to be respected for AFV?
- Firer under cover and the effects on it’s weapons LoS, i.e. left & right-handed weapons now have a LoS of their own?

My Thoughts: I'd rather keep the rule of center LoS allowing ALL weapons to fire, regardless of where weapons are on the model ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 09:24:39 | Message # 4
Aun Va III

Civil Engineers? - Currently classified as immortals!

My Thoughts: Return them to mortal status. One per army, but allow one per platoon if captured.

How I see the Civvy's now ...
    • Civvy's are mortal ... when their dead, their dead;
    • One Civvy allocated to each company;
    • • If captured, can be fielded as one Civvy per platoon;

And from the FB Rulebook - Page 10
    • 50 RP's per Civvy;
    • Civil engineers don’t take part in the fighting. Nevertheless, they follow their unit around and count towards the control of objectives;
    • Civil engineers benefit from the same movement capacity and abilities as their unit;
    • A civil engineer who suffers an impact is immediately eliminated.
    - No damage test is required. Nonetheless he can be saved using abilities that allow this (“Medic!”, and so on).

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 09:30:54 | Message # 5
Aun Va III

Model Movement? Correct measuring of movement!

My Thoughts: Models need to use the base size as a guide to ALL movement they make. In some cases, move the model each time a turn or corner is encountered to get the correct distance. Here's an example image, showing that the width of the base must be respected! ...

The blue line is much shorter than the true yellow path that the model should take.

Also, distances should be based on the furthest point of the model when traveling, ie an ONi transport has no base, but the outside of the model should be used as a guide as it's furthest point it can travel, regardless of which way it ends up facing ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 09:34:21 | Message # 6
Aun Va III

Therian Storm Arachns new "Group Sacrifice" ability?

Link to PDF: Storm Arachns

My Thoughts: Way to powerful for so few AP's! Not in the current Frostbite rules. Who's to say that Rackham playtested these rules and found them to be too powerful, so removed them from the Frostbite Rules? ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 09:41:20 | Message # 7
Aun Va III

AFV Jumping A Crevasse?

My Thoughts: No ... Striders or AFV's are too big to "jump" anything, unless they have the "Rocket Jump" ability of course! ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 09:43:25 | Message # 8
Aun Va III

Fighters must have a Line of Sight to an objective in order to capture/contest it?

My Thoughts: Agree 100%! ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 10:04:01 | Message # 9
Aun Va III

UNA - Captain Newton - Stacking of Newton’s “Repair Bonus” within the M.Ind faction?

My Thoughts: Can't be done. When the UNA fields the M.Ind faction, the bog standard drivers of the AFV are replaced by drivers who have been trained to repair AFV. Captain Newton already has this skill, so doesn't need training, ergo she has the standard repair bonus of one SP per round ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 10:06:59 | Message # 10
Aun Va III

Base size of Transport Ships? ... 8cm or 13cm?

My Thoughts: For me, it should be 8cm for an AFV which can carry 8 or less troopers, 13cm for bigger troop carriers.

Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 10:08:53 | Message # 11
Aun Va III

Damocles Commissar?

My Thoughts: We should allow these type of morale troopers to join the game!

Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 10:11:08 | Message # 12
Aun Va III

Karman “bikes” & Tarmac Spaceport “stairs”?

My Thoughts: No AFV can use the stairs. It clearly states in the rules (FB Rules - P118) that "Infantry Fighters" can use the stairs, so, IMHO, no other fighter type can, i.e. Striders or AFV's ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 10:13:33 | Message # 13
Aun Va III

FB Campaign: Troop Re-Organisation?

My Thoughts: Keep as is. Heroes can move about armys every week wherever they are. Companies in sectors must retain that company composition that it had when entering the sector. Units can be adjusted within their guidelines ... Walts

zellakDate: Sunday, 04-Dec-2011, 19:13:36 | Message # 14
Generalissimo
You have missed one.

The alleged giant flamer template of the King Mammoth.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Monday, 05-Dec-2011, 01:06:28 | Message # 15
Aun Va III

Karman - King Mammoth - "Curtain of Flame" Equipment

From the Karman Armybook (Page 55)
    Curtain of flames: At the end of its movement, if it has not yet shot its light flamers, the King Mammoth can use the “Curtain of flames”
    ability. (Enemy) Units located in the shooting arc of its flamers cannot see the King Mammoth, nor the units hidden even partially by the vehicle.

My Thoughts: Having had a few crazy idea's thrashed about that I suggested ... wacko ... I went back to the orignal rule description and kept things simple. Both the KM and any Karman units partially (i.e. any one fighter of the unit!) behind the KM benefit from blocked Line of Sight, so can't be fired on ... the "Curtain of Flames" falls before the enemy's eyes! - full stop!

All Karman fighters have to be seen for that Karman unit to be fired on. Here's a pretty picture to show u what I mean ...

... ONi fighter ONE cannot shoot at ANY Karman fighters as the Karman Unit is partially hidden by the CoF. ONi fighter TWO can shoot as he can see the whole Karman unit! Simple, and easy peasy! No making things up that don't exist in the original rule! Any questions? Search the forums!!! Walts

zellakDate: Monday, 05-Dec-2011, 19:15:03 | Message # 16
Generalissimo
My tuppence.

Civvys....make them mortal ...but use Heroes rules....allow only two per company / 4 in the game..leave everything else for this campaign.

Model Movement.....dont understand what we are voting about...anyone cutting corners is cheating....no house rule needed.

Storm Arachn.......not new, came out around the time of the ONI, my guess is they are the counter to the HBT.....leave for this campaign.

AFV jumping a crevasse.....dont agree with this, they should go around, whether wheeled or legs.

LOS to capture objectives....no brainer.

base size of transport.....agree with Balrogs idea.

Commissar................if its the one i made up, why not . happy

Newton stacking repair.......not bothered, willing to be swayed either way.

Karman bikes up stairs......dont see (or remember ) the problem. They can fly up the side of the control tower anyway. No ??

Troop Re-organisation........should only be done in HQ, though reinforcements could be bought to replace destroyed units when in a sector.

King Mammoth template..........nope.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Monday, 05-Dec-2011, 21:16:04 | Message # 17
Major general
Group: Administrators

Civvys - only 1 per company, make them mortal in game but replaced for next game.

Model Movement - nothing broken so don't try and fix

Storm Arachn - Over powered, needs replay testing and re pointed

AFV jumping a crevasse - Tanks cant jump

LOS to capture objectives - cant get what you cant see

base size of transport - the Karmans have set the standard, they have three sizes of bases for their afv's, go with that.

Commissar - if fully play tested and points allocated dont see any problem for next campaign

Newton stacking repair - not bothered

Karman bikes up stairs. if the base size can go up the ramp/ stairs it goes

Troop Re-organisation - ok should be done at HQ

King Mammoth template - no template but the 4 points raised in the discussion added to the in-house rules

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

pavlovDate: Monday, 05-Dec-2011, 23:28:08 | Message # 18
Major general
Civvy's 2 per company mortal

Model movement why did this come up not broken dont fix

Spider thingy's waaaaaaaaaay over powerd if your in a transport biggrin but might need re-pointed

Tanks cant jump

los to objective thats been fixed for ages why was it brought up.

Base size of transport I think we should go for type two size base for all transports , if we start using capacity to dictate base size then the Oni transport should be on a 130 base which means it's not going far on any map.

commisar no problem , I think red blok need a helping hand.

Newton the Una need a helping hand as well, this is one of my personal issues M ind get repair so if you add Newton who has repair then it should stack, it's not a game breaker and let's face it the Una heroes are keach anyway so it should be no big deal (anyway Mark doesnt like Newton so it wont even be on the table).

Karman bikes this was fixed in the first game why debate it again they go up stairs.

Troop Re-organisation - ok should be done at HQ

The template was only used as a visual aid to show the scope of the fire arc jeez you would think I brought a dead body to the club

Is this the list

1. Any unit that has at least one figure or part of a vehicle behind the Leading edge(Teknakul Aviation term for front) of the KM wing is protected by the CoF
2. Enemies cannot target the units so protected or enter into Hand2hand with any fighter(AT-43 term) through the CoF
3. Curtain of Flame does not do any damage and is a purely defensive item.
4. As with any vehicle if Shield is used by the KM then those behind the CoF protection can fire as normal.

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 06-Dec-2011, 07:23:44 | Message # 19
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... Should we try and arrange for a Face-2-Face this weekend? I would like to as most of the players are about? ... Walts

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 06-Dec-2011, 07:34:01 | Message # 20
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Karman bikes up stairs......dont see (or remember ) the problem. They can fly up the side of the control tower anyway. No ??

Quote (Banksi)
Karman bikes up stairs. if the base size can go up the ramp/ stairs it goes

Quote (pavlov)
Karman bikes this was fixed in the first game why debate it again they go up stairs.

Some points to consider ...

The Karman bikes have the "rocket jump" ability to go up levels.
If the KB's can go up the stairs, why not Striders? ... so anything with the base size small enough can go up the stairs?? Most likely the ONi transports will fit! Mentalll!

Let's try and remember a basic concept of fair gameplay ... All or Nothing!!! ... If one army gets an advantage (regardless of how minor you see it!) then it's a problem people ... try not to be biased towards ur own factions!

The rule clearly states that only infantry fighters can use the stairs? How did the Karman players manage to wangle this advantage for an AFV!?

Walts

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 inHouse - Updated (Current AT-43 inHouse Rules & Items 4 Discussion)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024