Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » AT-43 Frostbite Campaign - Face-2-Face Meeting? (A club meeting to discuss all things AT-43.)
AT-43 Frostbite Campaign - Face-2-Face Meeting?
BalrogDate: Thursday, 03-Nov-2011, 12:05:57 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Guys ... As there is no timetable for face-2-face meetings in the AT-43 Frostbite Campaign to discuss things, I'd like to make the recommendation that we have one during the upcoming Sundays before any other battles are played in the campaign to cover a few items which have cropped up which need decisions and clarification on. Mainly the inHouse Rules need to be finalised, the approval of new abilities introduced to the game and any other items players might want to get off their chests.

As always, leave your comments below for items we can discuss on the day and any ideas players might have to improve the game. I would assume that a group voting system (majority wins) will be in place for all points brought up? ... Walts

AT-43 Meeting: Proposed Agenda ... Link
Message edited by Balrog - Friday, 11-Nov-2011, 01:50:04

BalrogDate: Monday, 07-Nov-2011, 23:25:10 | Message # 2
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... After a quick meeting on Sunday with three other players on 6th Nov, I've realised that each player has his own issues that need addressing, or at least discussing. A valid point made by one player was why change a rule in the first place? With the response to make OUR life's easier! BUT, we're seasoned enough players to not go down that path, so I've listed all the points of discussion I want to bring to the table so all the other players can at least see where we can start, and hopefully list theirs as well so I can prepare any answers from the FAQ's, other forums or even our own forums have touched on.

Here are some points I think we should discuss ...

>>> Civil Engineers - Not immortal?

>>> Movement - especially round corners. Large based models - should the middle be used or ANY shorter distance!?

>>> Lt Fortuna ... Unique or each player gets a copy?

>>> MedTec Unit ... Support Units or Not? This effects their need to roll for morale each round.

>>> Artillery Strikes on "Secured" Terrain & Building? Are units protected as well? From the FB rulebook - "secured: it cannot be sabotaged" ... no mention of units being protected in the area, so why did we create a rule that units in the Spaceport building cannot be shelled?

>>> Therian Storm Arachns new "Group Sacrifice" ability? Not listed in Frostbite rule book, so only available after campaign?

>>> "Result Stands!" ... Ideas? Each case must be assessed on it's own merits, but maybe lay down some guidelines?

... SO, list ur issues below so we can all prepare for them on the day of meeting, hopefully next weekend. I plan to go into greater detail about the issues listed above, once I can get time! ... Walts

PS: In cases where we can't get everyone around the game table at the same time ... as a suggestion ... the missing player can ask an attending player to be their "proxy" and vote for them in confidance. The "proxy" may also bring up points of interest and read out anything written by the missing player?

This is one of the reasons for listing points of interest so missing players may have a say as well.

zellakDate: Tuesday, 08-Nov-2011, 21:51:04 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
i thought we agreed that all the debates would be face to face and not done on here ?

People should feel free to add their "issues " to the agenda of the meeting, but not to argue points on the forum.

My issue is with the rule change to field/combat engineers moving after placing minefields.

Please add it to the agenda.

Also, on page 14 of the Op FB book, Crevasse, a fighter can jump a crevasse if it halves its movement.

Does this apply to wheeled vehicles ?
Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 08-Nov-2011, 22:39:41

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Tuesday, 08-Nov-2011, 23:24:45 | Message # 4
Major general
Only if they build a great big Evil kineaval ramp, dont be silly of coarse they can't. Nice try though. biggrin

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 08-Nov-2011, 23:37:51 | Message # 5
Aun Va III
Hey Z ... Here's some responses to ur comments ...

Quote (zellak)
i thought we agreed that all the debates would be face to face and not done on here ?

I thought that's what I wrote in my second comment? ...
    Quote (Balrog)
    ... list ur issues below so we can all prepare for them on the day of meeting, hopefully next weekend ...
... so everyone can read the rules and prepare on some Q&A's about the said issues? I'm not the sharpest of tacks when it comes to rules and need time to think over things and prepare before I make an informed decision on issues which I know about. Simply springing issues on the table isn't where I'm best at, so, for me, having prier knowledge allows me to make a case for the pro's & con's of things I know about.

Quote (zellak)
People should feel free to add their "issues " to the agenda of the meeting, but not to argue points on the forum.
My issue is with the rule change to field/combat engineers moving after placing minefields. Please add it to the agenda.

For me, if I know about an issue then I can prepare for it. I'm hopeless at thinking on my feet!
BUT, players can bring issues up on the day, but u'll need to expect me to trawl through the rulebooks before I give a response, and that means the meeting will drag on. As we're all playing games, we don't want the day to be wasted on the meeting, or that we run out of time as everyone looks in the rulebooks over issues players bring up on the day? Surely, knowing what the issues are about will allow them to be dealt with quicker and more effectively?

As you've mentioned the inHouse Rule we have about the Field/Combat Engineer's, everyone else will see it and know it is something we can discuss on the day.

Quote (zellak)
Also, on page 14 of the Op FB book, Crevasse, a fighter can jump a crevasse if it halves its movement.

Does this apply to wheeled vehicles ?

Something to discuss on the day, or maybe create a new thread (AT-43 Rules Query - AFV Jumping A Crevasse?) that asks the question where people can feel free to post replies without cluttering this thread? ... Walts

gerrywithaGDate: Tuesday, 08-Nov-2011, 23:46:32 | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Hi Gents,

For what it's worth, discussions about this should only be done Face to face, in my humble opinion and not done on the forum.

Please Add to Agenda Regarding Morale rules in Main rulebook and whether a unit has fallen to three or less and that would cover the Med Tec unit question

Cheers

Gwag

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 08-Nov-2011, 23:51:51 | Message # 7
Aun Va III
Hi GwaG ... As you've posted the morale ref, everyone will see it as something to discuss on Sunday, thanks for listing it.

As I've said to zellak, listing issues here allows players to prepare for the face-to-face meeting. This thread is to help everyone see what's on the agenda for the day, and allow them to prepare some feedback, during the meeting ... Walts

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 09-Nov-2011, 01:54:10 | Message # 8
Aun Va III
What about the "Rocket Jump" ability ... we did say that it can only be allocated to inf, didn't we? ... Yes, I'm sure we did ... but what was the reasoning behind it?

Everyone's happy to keep this as is ... only inf can benefit from buying the "Rocket Jump" ability? ... Walts

NemesisDate: Wednesday, 09-Nov-2011, 16:15:12 | Message # 9
Lieutenant
HERE'S AN ISSUE -- STOP USING COLOURS THAT ARE HARD ON THE Bl***DY EYES!!!!

Mark

zellakDate: Wednesday, 09-Nov-2011, 17:52:07 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
Something to discuss on the day, or maybe create a new thread (AT-43 Rules Query - AFV Jumping A Crevasse?) that asks the question where people can feel free to post replies without cluttering this thread? ... Walts

No one is to create new rules threads or answer them....it is all to be done face to face.

This thread is only for listing an agenda.

Added (09-Nov-2011, 5:52 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (pavlov)
Only if they build a great big Evil kineaval ramp, dont be silly of coarse they can't. Nice try though.

Very witty biggrin ....i would reply.....but would then be breaking the new rule on debating rules on the forum.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Wednesday, 09-Nov-2011, 23:04:52 | Message # 11
Major general
Group: Administrators
Not like me to be Cynical but why did the jumping crevass question suddenly appear the week before an ONI tank army was about to enter a heavily crevassed area?

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Wednesday, 09-Nov-2011, 23:10:54 | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
Not like me to be Cynical but why did the jumping crevass question suddenly appear the week before an ONI tank army was about to enter a heavily crevassed area?

Perhaps because people might think it unfair if surprised by this rule on game day ?

BanksiDate: Wednesday, 09-Nov-2011, 23:17:23 | Message # 13
Major general
Unfair that you cant go over Crevasses? surely thats down to checking out the rules, maps, terrain and scenario before a game?

zellakDate: Wednesday, 09-Nov-2011, 23:21:18 | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
Unfair that you cant go over Crevasses? surely thats down to checking out the rules, maps, terrain and scenario before a game?

So now that it has been pointed out, you can do just that.

BalrogDate: Thursday, 10-Nov-2011, 07:51:07 | Message # 15
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Very witty ....i would reply.....but would then be breaking the new rule on debating rules on the forum.

Hey Guys ... What's this "new rule" on debating rules on the forum??? We've agreed to have a face-to-face meeting on Sunday to sort the current inHouse and other issues players have but I don't intend to stop posting AT-43 questions on rules, new abilities, etc, in the forums.

Some people might like sitting about and chatting over rules on a gamesday, but I want to play wargames. Sunday is the ONLY day I'm getting regular games in, and I spend all week in meetings with management at work, so the last thing I want to do is sit round a table every weekend and debat rules ... I have enough meetings at work for that!

I would agree that If people want to participate in forum banter then they can, with a final vote ALWAYS being face-to-face. But if they don't, no worries! We're not a regime yet where we dictate who can do what & when ... the forums are open to everyone to use, or not!

Definition - fo·rum (fôrm, fr-) n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr, fr)
1 ...
...... a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
...... b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
...... c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

BalrogDate: Thursday, 10-Nov-2011, 07:57:11 | Message # 16
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Quote (Balrog)

No one is to create new rules threads or answer them....it is all to be done face to face.

This thread is only for listing an agenda.

Hey Z ... it's why I suggested u open a NEW thread for some general discussion on the subject? THIS thread is solely for players wanting to list issues to help everyone else prepare for Sundays sitdown, other than that, the forums are open as usual, as far as I'm concerned ... Walts

BanksiDate: Thursday, 10-Nov-2011, 13:09:00 | Message # 17
Major general
Quote (zellak)
Quote (Banksi)

So now that it has been pointed out, you can do just that.

Yes, Rather than have a discussion and add/change a rule, make it clear. Vehicles CANNOT cross crevasses

BalrogDate: Thursday, 10-Nov-2011, 14:11:14 | Message # 18
Aun Va III
tongue HERE U GUYS ... discuss this issue elsewhere, ur cluttering up my pretty thread with ur banter! CLEAR OFF and make ur own thread! tongue ... Walts

zellakDate: Thursday, 10-Nov-2011, 17:18:13 | Message # 19
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
other than that, the forums are open as usual,

Yes, but not to discuss rules, that was decided at the club.

Added (10-Nov-2011, 5:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (Banksi)
Yes, Rather than have a discussion and add/change a rule, make it clear. Vehicles CANNOT cross crevasses

Please read Crevasse rule on page 14 of Op :FB.....that is all i can do to highlight things, due to the ban on rule discussions.

PM sent.
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 10-Nov-2011, 17:36:33

pavlovDate: Thursday, 10-Nov-2011, 17:38:12 | Message # 20
Major general
Crevasse: Whaaaaaaa… A fighter who ends his movement
on a crevasse is eliminated. A fighter can jump over a crevasse.
His movement is then halved. If the distance is enough
for him to reach land on the other side, he makes it. Otherwise,
he drops to his death. Fighters with the “Rocket jump” ability
ignore the half movement rule but they are still eliminated when
they end their movement on a crevasse.

So what are we missing.

Alan

Still might need thet big ramp or sooooooooper caaaaaaaaaar. biggrin
Message edited by pavlov - Thursday, 10-Nov-2011, 17:45:41

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » AT-43 Frostbite Campaign - Face-2-Face Meeting? (A club meeting to discuss all things AT-43.)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024