Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 Ability Query (Karman - Curtain of Flames!)
AT-43 Ability Query
pavlovDate: Friday, 25-Nov-2011, 21:47:15 | Message # 21
Major general
Group: Member
I'll be posting some more Q's tommo to get things rolling again

Quick get Walter some more work, we mght run out of pitchforks and fiery brands. biggrin

What about the workers, then! But I guess I don't deserve a good fight 'cos I keep ducking out.

You could have gone into the space port and got your ass whupped by Tom's super killy R&D but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you left poor jack to get done over with the UNA. smile

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Friday, 25-Nov-2011, 21:50:25

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

CheDate: Friday, 25-Nov-2011, 21:56:06 | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
Ah ha! Now everything will be more contraversial than ever.!

Added (25-Nov-2011, 9:54 PM)
---------------------------------------------
And even less well spelled, spelt, worded, wrote, iterated, vouchsafed, saved, worded. Nurse he's out of bed again.

Added (25-Nov-2011, 9:56 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I knew I shouldn't have said anything.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

pavlovDate: Friday, 25-Nov-2011, 21:57:50 | Message # 23
Major general
Ah ha! Now everything will be more contraversial than ever.!

On here ......................no chance.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

CheDate: Friday, 25-Nov-2011, 22:03:18 | Message # 24
Lieutenant general
Gotta go now, Alan. .
Message edited by Che - Friday, 25-Nov-2011, 22:05:50

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Friday, 25-Nov-2011, 22:51:14 | Message # 25
Generalissimo
How come every time Che gives me a +1 Rep......i get a +2 !!!!

And i aint even done nuffink ! wacko

And he 's given Pavlov a +1 as well ...............on the same day!!!

Looks like bonus forum abilities for RB players. The system is corrupt. biggrin

Revolution !!! overthrow the regime....Down with the Administrator !!!
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 25-Nov-2011, 23:04:19

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Saturday, 26-Nov-2011, 20:31:10 | Message # 26
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... With a re-read of the KM & CoF and blurb written, I would now say that the CoF protects the REAR of the KM from close combat and all Karman fighters in the LoS by enemies ... nice & simple ... right? ... Walts

zellakDate: Saturday, 26-Nov-2011, 20:32:58 | Message # 27
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
Hi Guys ... With a re-read of the KM & CoF and blurb written, I would now say that the CoF protects the REAR of the KM from close combat and all Karman fighters in the LoS by enemies ... nice & simple ... right? ... Walts

Thats the way it looks.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 00:35:11 | Message # 28
Major general
Hi

Just found out that I may be able to get clear orange plastic which means that the new and improved "template of doooooooom"

will be in technicolour.

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 00:41:19

BalrogDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 00:49:48 | Message # 29
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
Balrog Posted: "I'll be posting some more Q's tommo to get things rolling again"

Pavlov Posted: "Quick get Walter some more work, we mght run out of pitchforks and fiery brands."

I shall now be know as "Walts - The pain in the ass for rules guy!" wacko tongue surprised

blink (I just luv the "blinky" smiley!) blink

Walts "The pain in the ass for rules guy!"

zellakDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 10:06:06 | Message # 30
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)
Just found out that I may be able to get clear orange plastic

Why bother............as the template is proved to be illegal.

Whats the point ?
cool
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 10:06:29

BalrogDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 10:42:06 | Message # 31
Aun Va III
Other than blocking LoS the Curtain of Flame doesn't do anything else? But, a template would look cool ... do it, do it ... do it!

Protecting the rear of the KM as a suggestion seems a good idea, but it's not part of the orginal rule ... do we want to keep adding to the inHouse Rules ... really? wacko

blink blink (Did I mention I luuvvv the blinky smileys?! Look at it's cute face ... ahh ... and that blinky look!) blink blink

pavlovDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 11:31:07 | Message # 32
Major general
Hi

By who.

Alan

BalrogDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 11:36:22 | Message # 33
Aun Va III
Was it not Z? No ... Banksi first, then Z ... in this thread? ... Walts

BanksiDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 17:03:46 | Message # 34
Major general
Group: Administrators
Lets try and close off this thread

KM Curtain of fire rules:

If the curtain of fire has been activated:

1. Any unit that has at least one figure or part of a vehicle behind the Leading edge(Teknakul Aviation term for front) of the KM wing is protected by the CoF
2. Enemies cannot target the units so protected or enter into Hand2hand with any fighter(AT-43 term) through the CoF
3. Curtain of Flame does not do any damage and is a purely defensive item.
4. As with any vehicle if Shield is used by the KM then those behind the CoF protection can fire as normal.

Does this sound sensible and should it go to a vote?
Message edited by Banksi - Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 17:31:47

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

pavlovDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 18:39:20 | Message # 35
Major general
Hi

I can live with that, but can others.

Alan

BalrogDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 19:01:53 | Message # 36
Aun Va III
Hi Banksi ... some responses ...
    1. Agree ( ... there's a change, I hear u say! happy )

2. With no LoS after an enemy unit has moved, units behind the CoF cannot be fired on, but if enemy units can move to engage in Hand-2-Hand against Karma units behind the CoF, including the front arc of the KM, then close combat can be executed.

3. Agree

4. Agree
I "think" I agree with Banksi's ref to Q2, but just wanted to clarify things in my own mind, and hopefully have other's point out any differances between my understanding of LoS and Banksi, that's if there is any?

Also, is there any rule that says if u can't see an enemy unit before u start ur movement, then u can't move to engage it in Hand-2-Hand combat? I've never seen anything, but I'm always open to pointers!

BanksiDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 19:32:40 | Message # 37
Major general
Quote (Balrog)
2. With no LoS after an enemy unit has moved, units behind the CoF cannot be fired on, but if enemy units can move to engage in Hand-2-Hand against Karma units behind the CoF, including the front arc of the KM, then close combat can be executed.

If the hand2hand is within the arc of the CoF then they couldn't be seen so couldn't take place,

in other words if the Karman unit is placed along the edge but behind the CoF they couldn't be seen since the enemy would be within and to the front of the CoF protection line and cannot see anything.

One more point and this perhaps justifies the template... The line of the Cof doesn't have any limits, it goes to infinity and beyondddddddddddddd... in theory you could have 2 units 10 karman troops all nicely spaced out on either side of the KM and they would all be protected, as long as one member of each unit
is behind the KM in the proper position
Message edited by Banksi - Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 19:49:56

zellakDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 19:52:39 | Message # 38
Generalissimo
i also agree with points 1,3 & 4.

But i dont really follow your meaning on point 2.

As there is no template, and only the KM's base is used to determine the arc of fire.

I agree that say a Hecat Golgoth (and to be honest its the only thing i can think of with a Penetration 11+ close combat weapon !)
might not be able to attack the KM on the flamer side as it has no LOS.

However.....I fail to see why, if the Hecat engages any other unit, it could not fight hand to hand with them ?

BanksiDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 19:58:47 | Message # 39
Major general
Quote (zellak)
I agree that say a Hecat Golgoth (and to be honest its the only thing i can think of with a Penetration 11+ close combat weapon !)
might not be able to attack the KM on the flamer side as it has no LOS.

However.....I fail to see why, if the Hecat engages any other unit, it could not fight hand to hand with them ?

It would only not be able too if it were within the CoF looking out and to the front of the protection line.

zellakDate: Sunday, 27-Nov-2011, 20:10:21 | Message # 40
Generalissimo
The rules say :

Units located in the shooting arc of its flamers cannot see the King Mammoth, nor the units hidden even partially by the vehicle.

How can units be hidden partially by the vehicle if they are engaged by a Hecat?

There is no template....its a figment of Pavlov's imagination biggrin .....you already got a free victory because of it...let it go.

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 Ability Query (Karman - Curtain of Flames!)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024