Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » AT-43 Campaign 2013 (4' x 4' style)
AT-43 Campaign 2013
zellakDate: Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 11:06:28 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Just a few thoughts on what i would like to see in any new AT-43 Campaigns for next year.

Based on the mistakes i made this year during the mini-campaign, and trends i dont want to see mushroom in AT-43.

The next AT-43 campaign should be based around the new 4' x 4' set-up.

As a lot of problems were caused by the badly written victory conditions during all the Frostbite campaigns we have run....this should simplify things.

.................................Companies....................................................

From a start point all the sides should have plenty of time to write their army lists and have them all checked.

4 Companies a side, with only one Company allowed to include Type 3 AFV.

AT-43 is a skirmish game, and one in which King Tigers are much better than their AP value.

i really dont want to see AT-43 become nothing more than a battle between King Tigers.

Players Companies should be allowed to use whatever factions they want.

One of the players Companies would have an Oni Consultant and have access to Med-techs, Francesca Fortunata and Oni APC.

One of the Companies would be designated as Airborne and can be airdropped into any sector. (250 MP for UNA, double for others)

One of the Companies would be designated as Motorised and be able to move two sectors in a week.

New Companies could be built for 3000 AP.

There would be a weeks delay in units that are destroyed being replaced.

And heroes who were "killed" during a battle would miss 1d6-2 weeks (in hospital).

I would like to see custom built heroes as well.

( that needs a bit of work and might upset some players ...so is very optional. Its a bit RPG, but could be fun ???)

..........................................Map..................................................

The map would have one HQ and two starting sectors for each side.

With a free sector in the middle of the map which would garner additional VP. (Or perhaps count as two sectors...or both ?)

Attackers and defenders would both have 3000 AP companies (with 750 AP of those in reinforcements).

Defender would only get +1 on the Authority Roll for home turf advantage. Nothing more nothing less.

Which would mean the campaign would simply be a series of 4' x 4' games. happy

.....................................End...............................................

The Umpire would be the only one privy to the knowledge of how many weeks the campaign would run.

The side with most sectors would win.

Using VP in the event of a tie.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Any thoughts on how you would want to see it ???
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 11:42:07

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 17:12:34 | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Would the sectors be created as the campaign progresses using present terrain rules? Would the umpire set the terrain for the sectors? Would the sectors then be set in stone?

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 17:18:49 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
How would you want it ?

I would be happy if it changed every game, we basically just played another 4' x 4' game each time.

Then its not so samey every time. dry

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 17:23:46 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
On one hand, if it was a real campaign it would be fought over the same ground. On the other hand it is a game of soldiers and should be enjoyable. I got a bit fed up during Frostbite playing the same games ad nauseam so, as you say, if we just made it up each game it would be less samey. I'd go for that option. cool

zellakDate: Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 17:30:20 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
On one hand, if it was a real campaign it would be fought over the same ground.

Yeah, but it depends on the size of the sector....it could be a square mile wide. ???

Whats your take on limiting the type 3 AFV to only a single Company ?

CheDate: Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 17:34:43 | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
It's a good idea. It makes players think rather than rely on brute force and ignorance. If two (or more) Type 3s meet then it might make us think a bit too. wacko

zellakDate: Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 17:42:00 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
It makes players think rather than rely on brute force and ignorance.

I agree, its a fear driven strategy to buy the heaviest stuff....just in case your opponent brings his heavy stuff.

Anything you would like to see in the next campaign ?
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 17:43:30

CheDate: Friday, 07-Dec-2012, 17:43:42 | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Gotta go. See ya a week on Sunday mate smile

zellakDate: Tuesday, 25-Dec-2012, 14:43:47 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Catch you later.....

Happy Pearl Harbour Day !

BANZAI !!!.....BANZAI !!!......BANZAI !!!......

Added (25-Dec-2012, 2:43 PM)
---------------------------------------------
A further note on custom heroes.

Cost for a single fighter/AFV (type I or II ) plus the cost of officer rank plus 30 AP.

Perhaps able to buy one more ability ?????

The costs for each ability would have to be worked out. sad

But with the ability to gain experience by collecting medals (note ; normally Heroes dont get medals.)
Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 25-Dec-2012, 14:45:06

pavlovDate: Tuesday, 25-Dec-2012, 20:33:20 | Message # 10
Major general
Hi

FFS Hugh it's Christmas day mate biggrin

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Saturday, 09-Mar-2013, 00:00:28 | Message # 11
Generalissimo
(pavlov)
Hi

FFS Hugh it's Christmas day mate

Alan

Aye....but my brain never stops working on new ideas for wargaming. biggrin

Added (08-Mar-2013, 11:00 PM)
Bump.

Expecting some input soon.

CheDate: Thursday, 14-Mar-2013, 15:15:30 | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
I would like to see custom built heroes as well.

I wouldn't 'cos I can see a whole shit storm in there. Otherwise I would be OK with the rest of your ideas if I were involved in a campaign. How's that for input?

Added (14-Mar-2013, 2:08 PM)

Quote (zellak)
One of the Companies would be designated as Airborne and can be airdropped into any sector. (250 MP for UNA, double for others)

I'm on a roll now angry Why should the UNA get this advantage? I think they got this in Frostbite 'cos they didn't have a presence anywhere. As all sides would have two starting sectors + HQ I don't think it fair if one side has even a slight advantage. Or am I being a political bore wink If it's a question of technology there are races with equal or better technologies than the UNA.

Added (14-Mar-2013, 2:15 PM)

Quote (zellak)
The map would have one HQ and two starting sectors for each side.

This would be like a DBA style campaign? Would the HQs be vulnerable to attack? That might make it exciting. If you lost your HQ you would miss a turn or lose MPs surprised

zellakDate: Thursday, 14-Mar-2013, 20:16:12 | Message # 13
Generalissimo
Aye Che, custom heroes are a "bridge to far" for most people. But wouldn't it be cool to make up characters which took part in battles and got medals. wink

And then missed some battles cos they were in hospital. And crossed swords with other peoples heroes. cool

Narrative driven wargaming or what. ???

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

About the UNA airborne thing....i thought that was the UNA "thing" ...didn't realise it was a campaign specific sort of thing. surprised

So happy to see everyone treated the same, as you suggest.

i really should spend more time reading the fluff.....and not honing army lists.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah same idea as DBA, wait a minute.....if your HQ gets taken in DBA then you become a vassal of the conqueror. ???

That wouldn't work in AT-43 though, would it ???

Hard to justify in the fluff, but it might work for a game system ????

CheDate: Thursday, 14-Mar-2013, 20:40:51 | Message # 14
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
About the UNA airborne thing....i thought that was the UNA "thing" ...didn't realise it was a campaign specific sort of thing.

I was only assuming so I'm open to correction. I haven't read the fluff either so I shall get out the Frostbite book and have a look. Fine-tooth comb at the ready wink

Quote (zellak)
Aye Che, custom heroes are a "bridge to far" for most people. But wouldn't it be cool to make up characters which took part in battles and got medals.

And then missed some battles cos they were in hospital. And crossed swords with other peoples heroes.

Narrative driven wargaming or what. ???

Sounds good if you put it like that smile I was only thinking that some people might start storms in teacups about this. Just my natural pessimism sad wink

Added (14-Mar-2013, 7:40 PM)
We could scrap the regular heroes and go all freelance wacko

zellakDate: Thursday, 14-Mar-2013, 21:15:42 | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
Sounds good if you put it like that

Aye, but at the end of the day its not worth putting people off the whole idea of another campaign.

So prolly better to drop the custom heroes. ( for the sake of a quiet life dry )

i'm 100% behind your "natural pessimism." cry
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 14-Mar-2013, 21:16:04

ZealyotDate: Friday, 15-Mar-2013, 00:09:22 | Message # 16
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (zellak)
So prolly better to drop the custom heroes. ( for the sake of a quiet life )

Rather than scrapping it altogether we could play a couple of non campaign games to play test the idea and see what we come up with.

one idea is that rather than being like the heroes from the army books and campaign books you could make it as if its an upgraded trooper or comander that uses the hero rules i.e. a UNA steel trooper master sergeant with some minor stat tweeks.

if we can agree on either a specific bonus for each faction (i.e. red blok comander gets extra armour or is accompanied by 2 0r 3 troopers) or a points cost for some of the stats (i.e. say 5 or 10 points gives an aditional armour or increases the accuracy of the character's weapon) then we could do it for any troop type we want.

so what do you think?

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

zellakDate: Sunday, 17-Mar-2013, 20:58:22 | Message # 17
Generalissimo
Thanks for the input. happy

But really.................

If it puts off even one person from joining in a campaign, then i would prefer to drop the idea altogether.

And working out what bonus each army would get looks like a "world of pain" .

(having said that, if you want to make up something.... then you can use it this Sunday against me. surprised )

Added (17-Mar-2013, 7:58 PM)
Was asking around today about starting a new campaign.

I suggested it start in June.

Giving everyone plenty of time to write army lists.

Pavlov said he would Umpire. ( check army lists and co-ordinate turns )

Aiden will play Karmans. I will play ONi.

I'm guessing Nemesis will want a chance to play Therians. ???

Zealyot offered to play UNA, but it might depend on his Uni workload.

So any takers for Cogs and Red Blok ?

There are six sides, so some armies may have to take more than one player ???

I dont mind sharing the ONi............... Sailor Tom ???

BanksiDate: Sunday, 17-Mar-2013, 23:30:08 | Message # 18
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote (zellak)
So any takers for Cogs and Red Blok ?

I'll take Cogs if no one else wants to!

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

CheDate: Monday, 18-Mar-2013, 21:50:01 | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
If the campaign map is like a DBA campaign map and two opposing companies move against each other how is it decided which sector the battle is fought in? Better to make the map like a Frostbite map with multiple entry points. I'm confused and I know what I mean. This can be sorted out before the fisticuffs begin. wacko

Added (18-Mar-2013, 8:50 PM)

Quote (Banksi)
I'll take Cogs if no one else wants to!

You're more than welcome to borrow any of my models if you want a bit more choice, but you've probably got everything anyway.

BanksiDate: Monday, 18-Mar-2013, 22:47:50 | Message # 20
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote (Che)
You're more than welcome to borrow any of my models if you want a bit more choice, but you've probably got everything anyway.

Thank you for the offer, I'll let you know if I need anything, perhaps a few more Prowlers , i only have 5 and there is a possibility to field more
tongue

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » AT-43 Campaign 2013 (4' x 4' style)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024