Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » What a day! (Use this thread for all session comments!)
What a day!
BalrogDate: Monday, 12-Oct-2009, 15:23:58 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hey Warmongers!

To get a bit of feedback from the Sunday wargaming sessions, we'll create forums for those days, so get all your frustrations out here!!!

I know I had a bad day on the dice .. never roll Mines of Moria dice for Elvish battles ... I sucked bigtime!!! Still, I did get loads of gems, and thats all I was looking for. I didn't know Fields of Glory was about killing? I though whoever collected the most gems won (and boy! did I collect loads!)

Later mongers! ... Walts (aka Balrog)

BanksiDate: Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 21:15:12 | Message # 41
Major general
Group: Administrators
Great Tournament today, really enjoyed the games, Thanks to all for participating and making it a success.

Whats our next Tournament going to be?

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

philsonDate: Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 22:33:26 | Message # 42
Sergeant
Is it not kind of intresting that the wooden spoon went to the only player who could not take any warmachines.

That can not be fair on walts, he suffered to much

RMcNDate: Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 22:57:07 | Message # 43
Lieutenant colonel
It was a good day. Still not sure how I won - didn't expect that at all.

When facing Andy on the last game and his 6 cavalry units I did think OMG I'm not going to get through this one!!

Yet it was close all the way to the end - only a difference of 95 points!!

Next time we should have 1st game Pillage, 2nd Kill and Pillage, 3rd Kill so everyone see's the same.

Or how about a roll done at the start of the campaign battle round that decides what we all do.

I don't think all the battles should be the same - as different armies different terrain - different battle types makes it interesting.

Walter has picked up some typo's on the excel army list - I have corrected. Now added to the DOWNLOADS section.

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 06-Nov-2012, 12:53:53 | Message # 44
Major general
Quote (philson)
Is it not kind of intresting that the wooden spoon went to the only player who could not take any warmachines.

That can not be fair on walts, he suffered to much

I don't think the Orcs are that bad, I just haven't found their "forte" yet! bb Orcs Rule! bb2

That and I spend most of my time admiring the 15mm models that where running around the battlefields rather than focusing on my troops getting mauled!

Bring on the next tourney ... I can only get better! ... Walts

Added (06-Nov-2012, 12:53 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (RMcN)
Now added to the DOWNLOADS section.

Hi Ross ... Just went lookin' for the new KoW armylist within DOWNLOADS,
but couldn't see it? Have u forgot to activated it or ???

Maybe a link in case my eyes are failing as well, which would
explain why I lost three times on Sunday! blink ... Thanks, Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

RMcNDate: Friday, 09-Nov-2012, 11:41:39 | Message # 45
Lieutenant colonel
Asked Banksi to activate yesterday. It looks done now!! biggrin

MorgothDate: Wednesday, 13-Mar-2013, 13:09:25 | Message # 46
Major general
Just wanted to thank Banksi for bringing in his excellent Star Wars: X-Wing board game by Fantasy Flight Games last Sunday ... 10th March 2013! We all picked up the rules quickly with Banksi's guidance and had a couple a games on the day ... Thanks Banksi!

Here's a link to the game ...

>>> http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=174

... and here's a link to their online video tutorials ...

>>> http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_con....ge.html

... I watched these a couple of times to get a grasp of the basics, and after a couple of games with Banksi, Derek & Tom, I was crashing into asteroids left, right and center! Excellent game, easy to learn & play and not to badly priced for the box sets ... maybe one for the club to get? hint, hint wink ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Sunday, 01-Sep-2013, 23:12:03 | Message # 47
Generalissimo
Big thanks to Crusad3r for posting this piccie of todays game.

http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/photo

One Drow against an entire Ogre Chariot regiment.....and he won. ohyes

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Monday, 01-Dec-2014, 16:15:16 | Message # 48
Major general
Meta Wars (23/02/14) ... Good game, good game!

Che threw some bad-ass dice during the game, especially on the last few turns and won the game with his Red Blok verse my Tau'sers.

Meta Wars is shaping up nicely as the new Bolt Action WWiV!

Walts

Added (01-Dec-2014, 3:15 PM)
---------------------------------------------
FUN game of Junta on Sunday, thanks guys!

Started the first coooooo with 3 dockers, which failed miserably, but got a good idea about how the game plays and died at the bank on the last round as the prettiest Presidenty ever to play the game ... FUN, fun, and more fun!

Walts

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » What a day! (Use this thread for all session comments!)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024