Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » What a day! (Use this thread for all session comments!)
What a day!
BalrogDate: Monday, 12-Oct-2009, 15:23:58 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hey Warmongers!

To get a bit of feedback from the Sunday wargaming sessions, we'll create forums for those days, so get all your frustrations out here!!!

I know I had a bad day on the dice .. never roll Mines of Moria dice for Elvish battles ... I sucked bigtime!!! Still, I did get loads of gems, and thats all I was looking for. I didn't know Fields of Glory was about killing? I though whoever collected the most gems won (and boy! did I collect loads!)

Later mongers! ... Walts (aka Balrog)

CheDate: Tuesday, 17-Aug-2010, 20:23:59 | Message # 21
Lieutenant general
I stand corrected. wacko Well, I'm sitting down actually.
Message edited by Che - Friday, 20-Aug-2010, 19:25:20

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

BalrogDate: Sunday, 22-Aug-2010, 20:00:34 | Message # 22
Aun Va III
Well, I had fun today ... took my little digi-camera and got some nice pic's of some of the clubs bits & bobs for my upcoming Strontium Dog RPG! Walts.

zellakDate: Sunday, 31-Jul-2011, 18:58:56 | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Great 3way game of AT-43 today. biggrin

Red Blok win at the Tarmac Spaceport.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

DummyDate: Sunday, 31-Jul-2011, 20:49:22 | Message # 24
Group: Removed

Hell Yeah ... The Red Blok company lead by Commander Che kicked ass!

With some daring tactics and key strategic moves, they occupied the Control Tower in no time at all and dug in, wasting some ONi freaks daring to show face outside the doorway, winning the game with little or no resistance.

We also captured a civil engineer, so the victory was even sweeter ... Red Blok ... Hell Yeah! ... Lt Valts

CheDate: Sunday, 31-Jul-2011, 21:52:41 | Message # 25
Lieutenant general
Calm down, comrade Valts. Your revolutionary fervour is an inspiration to us all, but don't get too carried away! wink

zellakDate: Sunday, 14-Aug-2011, 20:12:56 | Message # 26
Generalissimo
Revenge at the Tarmac Spaceport.....Zombie Apocalypse. biggrin

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Sunday, 18-Sep-2011, 18:18:10 | Message # 27
Aun Va III
@ 18th Sept, 2011

Nice game of Naps today! biggrin

Slaughterloo rules are pretty easy to follow, couple of mods & various tactics to make the game enjoyable ... friends ... failed on major die rolls to cause my line & elites to rout ... but an all round fun day! ok

AlanC got the victory victory ... but I got to know a new set of rules, so thanks AlanC & Ross

CheDate: Sunday, 18-Sep-2011, 19:17:47 | Message # 28
Lieutenant general
]I had a very pleasant day playing 2 friendly AT-43 games despite the fact I lost both of them.One was against Alan B and the other was against Jack. I haven't enjoyed the game that much in a long time biggrin . Fair cheered me up. smile
Message edited by Che - Sunday, 18-Sep-2011, 19:18:44

zellakDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 09:05:24 | Message # 29
Generalissimo
Most Excellent ! 4 player game of AT-43 at the tarmac spaceport.

3000 points each of Red Blok/Therian/Karman /UNA. cool

CheDate: Tuesday, 27-Sep-2011, 19:53:17 | Message # 30
Lieutenant general
smile Couldn't agree more!

BalrogDate: Monday, 03-Oct-2011, 16:10:16 | Message # 31
Aun Va III
Another excellent day @ ye'old game club on Sunday, 2nd Oct 2011!

The D&D Boardgame was easy to learn, fun to play and even better with my club mates friends powering on with no fear! Goblins, Bugbears and even skeletons ... we crushed them all! Huzzzaaahhhhh!

Big-up to IanW bb2 for his play with the mighty fighter, who used a sword with a 50/50 chance of missing or totally destroying any beast before him ... the rest of us just ran about looking good while IanW done all the killing! Ah, to be a real fighter ... The story continues!

Well played lads! ... Walts

BalrogDate: Monday, 24-Oct-2011, 10:09:49 | Message # 32
Aun Va III
Hey Guys ... Finally managed to get my LoTr (GW) Army of the Dead out of their coffers ... only problem was that they massacred my Uruk-Hai & Orcs ...

My last orc running for his life! D wanted to make sure none escaped!

He's had enough of running ... bring it on human dogs!

OPPS! ... should have kept running ... D moved Aragon to take on the Orc on for a quick kill ... One dead Orc!!!

Anyone else fancy a LoTr Strategy Battle game? ... Walts

zellakDate: Monday, 04-Jun-2012, 11:10:41 | Message # 33
Generalissimo
Spectacular game of AT-43 on the 3rd June. 2012

Massive Apocalypse-style Strider battle.......with 28 Striders destroyed ....3 on turn 1................

And 25 destroyed on turn 2 !!!

New club record for most Striders destroyed in a single turn. surprised

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. happy

zellakDate: Tuesday, 05-Jun-2012, 23:08:31 | Message # 34
Generalissimo
Hi Gerry.

I cant find them. sad

CheDate: Sunday, 29-Jul-2012, 22:36:05 | Message # 35
Lieutenant general
biggrin A refreshing day of boardgaming this Sunday (29th July 2012)). Thanks to all involved wink

MorgothDate: Wednesday, 10-Oct-2012, 13:41:57 | Message # 36
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hi Guys ... Had my first game of Kings of War and got wasted ... big time!

>>> Orc & Goblin Army

... Learned a few valuable lessons which I'll take into next weeks game. Looking forward to the upcoming tourney on the 4th Nov! ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Friday, 12-Oct-2012, 15:21:40 | Message # 37
Generalissimo
Quote (Morgoth)
Had my first game of Kings of War and got wasted ... big time!

Going up against a dwarf gunline with no cover ........ a difficult nut to crack !

You will have an easier time this Sunday. tongue

RMcNDate: Saturday, 13-Oct-2012, 10:38:08 | Message # 38
Lieutenant colonel
quote zellak
Going up against a dwarf gunline with no cover ........ a difficult nut to crack !

You will have an easier time this Sunday.

Yeah: "out of the firing line into the meat grinder!!" wacko

zellakDate: Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 20:30:12 | Message # 39
Generalissimo
Congratulations to Ross for winning the 15mm KoW tournament today.

And commiserations to Walts and his wooden spoon.
. tongue

MorgothDate: Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 21:12:54 | Message # 40
Major general
Group: Administrators
I personally like to think that I WON the wooden spoon, so I actually WON something today! tongue

The tourney was a great experience ... lots of quick games & action ... couple of snake eyes against me ... couple of heavy hitters with my giant who was a BIG surprise ... didn't learn any tactics as I'm hopless, but all-in-all, the dice ruled the day! ... It was all goooood!!!

Look forward to the next instalment ... War On Kings! ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » What a day! (Use this thread for all session comments!)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024