RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Ardeer Community Centre
Ardeer Community Centre
zellakDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 16:19:44 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
As there was some talk about moving the club . i went in for a peek and got a tour of the place.

it seems ALL the community centres in North Ayrshire are for the chop in the next three years, though they have a repreive this year. i saw it on a notice board at Ardeer...strange our caretaker has not mentioned it ?????

Pros....underfloor heating
new, well kept building
plenty of tables + chairs
power points for coffee.
(and alledgedly its cheaper than the Parterre...i didnt ask)

Cons...........we cannot take our cupboards (could be a dealbreaker, i know dry )

We might get the use of a cupboard on site, its taller than ours but not as wide. sad
As another group has left/broke up.

Any questions ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Sunday, 06-Feb-2011, 07:48:32 | Message # 2
Aun Va III
So, isn't Ardeer going to close in a few years? As to the cupboards ... couldn't we find someone local enough to take them and drop off anything thats needed or just break up the items to players most likely to use them and bring them to the club if asked, else give them to someone else?

I've just moved to a new scheme, which is very quite and off the beaten track, so would be willing to put the cupboards in my shed and give keys to players to help themseleves ... Walts.

RMcNDate: Sunday, 06-Feb-2011, 20:00:32 | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
I know that North Ayrshire are planning millions of pounds of cuts over the next three years. Janitors / caretakers are being hit first this year. So Lets across the board will be hit.

Looks like we stay put for now. But put out feelers to see if their are other venues we might use should the Volunteer Rooms shut. I agree with Walter that we should consider divinging up the stuff - to good homes in case we do need to take our stuff out. Most of the terrain and buildings are mine. Other things the members have given may be asked by the end of this year to be taken out.

We will just have to wait and see. sad

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 15-Feb-2011, 06:55:34 | Message # 4
Aun Va III
Hey Guys ... having had a chat with one of my friends about our dilemma, he suggested we approach the church & chapels in the area. He said they usually have side rooms for meetings and events, with the chance of storage space for the current models in the club.

The only problemo is the gamesday being on Sunday. This could be the main stumbling block for bookings, but it's another avenue to checkout. Is Sunday the only day club members would consider for a gamesday, the alternative being Saturday?

On a personal note, what about hotels? They have event rooms, but I doubt any storage space ... Walts.

RMcNDate: Thursday, 17-Feb-2011, 10:16:01 | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Spoken to the other caretaker last Sunday he says they have seen all the planned closures and the Volunteer Rooms are not even under review for the next 3 years. Since it is licenced for alcohol & weddings & money still being invested it looks good. He mentioned one other community club being kept in the Irvine area. So the panick may be off for now just keep our ears open.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Ardeer Community Centre
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024