Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition
TailleDDate: Saturday, 29-Jan-2011, 16:27:49 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Confirmed
Afternoon all, me and a couple of my freinds are considering revisiting our RPG days of old. One game i used to play was the 1st Edition of WFRP but this has now been superceeded but the 2nd and 3rd editions. The 3rd edition is far too removed from what im used too so i was wondering if anyone has a copy of the core rulebook for the 2nd edition that they would be willing to sell, i have digital versions of the rules and scenarios etc but would prefer a hardcopy rulebook (too many pages to print the digital).

A couple of us may be popping in on Sunday just for a quick peek.

zellakDate: Sunday, 30-Jan-2011, 21:04:44 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
"A couple of us may be popping in on Sunday just for a quick peek"

Pity you didn't make it in...but hope to see you next week. happy

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

TailleDDate: Sunday, 30-Jan-2011, 22:50:05 | Message # 3
Private
Sorry about that. Next Sunday we will be having our fortnightly Airsoft fix in Bonnybridge (bit like paintball) so we wont be in till the week after. There are a good few of us looking to startup RPG's again and a couple of us played at the Parterre hall for a good few years but that was many moons ago. As far as what will be playing we dont know yet as cupboards and lofts are being explored for the dusty boxes and manuals but we will be in at some point. biggrin

zellakDate: Monday, 31-Jan-2011, 15:37:02 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Didn't you guys play a lot of Vampire and Twilight 2000 ???? ................... as well as 1E D&D ?

I remember Kenny running Vampire for us .

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

TailleDDate: Tuesday, 01-Feb-2011, 11:40:10 | Message # 5
Private
Yup, plus virtually every other RPG out about 20+ years ago. As it was known then 'The Club' at its peek had over 20 regular RPG'ers plus about 15 tabletop gamers aging from mid-teens to 30+ many of whom would GM a specific game. Probably going to forget a couple but through the years the RPG's included (1st editions): AD&D, Tunnels & Trolls, Call of Cthulu, Hawkmoon, Stormbringer, Warhammer FRP, Judge Dredd, Vampire, Werewolf, Traveller, Runequest, Gamma World, Rolemaster, Middle-earth Role Playing (MERP), Twilight 2000, Blood Bowl, Star Wars, RIFTS, Aftermath, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Champions, Paranoia, Skyrealms of Jorune, Battletech, Cyberpunk, Pendragon and Wild West. Personally i didn't play all of those but they appeared throughout the club's history. As well as purchased adventures and campaigns many where hand written, we had a couple of very very good GM's and writers (not me). You also had the guys who played classic tabletop Napoleonic etc battlegames. Not all of these where played constantly as groups had their favourites.

Who has all the stuff now i dont have a clue although I think my brother still has a lot of the AD&D stuff including floor plans, miniatures etc

Message edited by TailleD - Tuesday, 01-Feb-2011, 12:13:03

zellakDate: Tuesday, 01-Feb-2011, 15:34:13 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
aye...its not as busy as it used to be. But mainly due to our lack of advertising ourselves.

we used to be called the Cunninghame Boardgames Club.

Hope you can find some of those old games....in fact we are still playing some of them. James Pittaro is running a Gamma world campaign, Paul is running Boot Hill and my Drow D&D campaign has been going for over two years (using the basic /expert rules from 1983).

CheDate: Tuesday, 01-Feb-2011, 20:40:46 | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
Not wishing to seem obtuse wacko , but who is this masked stranger? I'm the old git with the beard and glasses.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

TailleDDate: Tuesday, 01-Feb-2011, 20:53:12 | Message # 8
Private
Me, Paul Telfer. Big bro Bob, he was the club secretary for a little while.

Used to play most of our games with, George, Kerr, Sandy, Kenny, Michael, Murray, Andy Davie, Gordon, Hugh etc oh and boardgames with Howard

Added (01-Feb-2011, 8:53 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Just got the 3rd Edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay thought i would see what the fuss was about so no need for a paper version of the 2nd edition now. Cheers.

Message edited by TailleD - Tuesday, 01-Feb-2011, 20:50:10

CheDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 20:03:54 | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Ah yes. Thanks, all these nommes de computer can be confusing to us old men!

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024