RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gang Wars 3
Gang Wars 3
zellakDate: Wednesday, 15-Apr-2015, 22:06:48 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
After the last game of gang wars at the club, it was obvious that two of the most played gangs ( me and Che ) were overpowered.

Neither me nor Che are happy with this and think it would be a good idea to start again .....Gang Wars 3. cool

Here are my ideas.

In order to keep the gangs closer to the same power I would suggest using a maximum deck system.

Each player starts with 5 Punk Gangers each with 1 card. = 10 cards

(Not Banes , they would form a separate deck used for dangerous shiny tokens ( 3 skulls )

Each player could have a maximum of 15 cards in their deck. Plus 5 cards per Turf ?

Gangers would have Move 6" / 4 lives / 0 armour / 2 white close combat / and shoot as the old rules.

Rep : 1 Rep per Kill and also add the victims Rep as well.

4 Ranks ; Punk / Gangsta ( 1 Rep ) / Samurai ( 5 Rep ) / Legend ( 25 rep ) / Shadowrunner ( 50 Rep ) retire from the game.

Max cards per ganger Punk = 1 / Gangsta = 2 / Samurai = 4 / Legend = 7

Each Rank increase would allow +1 Kool and either another Card or remove a Bane.

Shinies

Artifact ; Draw a card at the end of the game or remove a Bane immediately.

Blank ; Add a non aligned Punk with no card to your gang.

3 Skulls; roll a die
1-2 grenade trap, 2 Red dice blast
3-4 Bane card.
5-6 Turn Psycho

The game would require every player to submit a move at the End of the month.
Detailing where each gang was attacking.
Hopefully leading to a lot more one on one games.

Added (15-Apr-2015, 9:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Replacing " Tactical " combat syle will be "Spraygun".

A gangster who carries extra ammo and like s to spray bullets around a lot.

Ignore the first point of damage he rolls when shooting....this causes a pinning check....roll under Kool on 1D12

Pinned Gangsters miss next turn.
Message edited by zellak - Saturday, 18-Apr-2015, 20:33:39

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Saturday, 18-Apr-2015, 19:52:06 | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
I'm all for a new start. But all participants need to JOIN IN!.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Sunday, 31-May-2015, 21:48:26 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Quote Che ()
I'm all for a new start. But all participants need to JOIN IN !

Agreed.

Hopefully the new deck system will keep the gangs more even than the old system. surprised

We may have to add 25 more cards to the deck to replace the Banes.

15 cards = Tough Guy (+2 Wounds )

5 Cards = Long Coat ( +1 Armour )

5 Cards = ????????????

The new system means Gangers don't get that much better than they were....they just get a card and +1 Kool.

Added (31-May-2015, 8:45 PM)
Gangers would have Move 6" / 4 lives / 0 armour / 2 white close combat / and shoot as the old rules.

This would mean that one wound would be no big deal, but two wounds would mean a morale check every turn.

Most gangers would run off if failing a Kool check on 1D12.

So enabling victory without massive casualties. Or at least that is the theory.......

Also......

With a Rep system which adds the rep of the killed fighter to the winner's total, most of the kills inflicted during gameplay should not be lost.

Added (31-May-2015, 8:48 PM)
Still don't have anything for the last 5 cards..... Che ??????

Any ideas ?

Message edited by zellak - Saturday, 18-Apr-2015, 20:39:05

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Thursday, 04-Jun-2015, 16:56:40 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Here is an idea for the 5 cards. How about "Cyber Camouflage"? This is like the camo that the Predator uses in the films and means the character is only visible within 8" or when he/she takes a movement action. If the character moves and is shot at he/she is considered to be at long range. cool

zellakDate: Thursday, 04-Jun-2015, 21:30:36 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Nice one !

"Stealthsuit" ????????

Also , I want to replace "Drive-By" combat style with something else.....

Shotgun......Ganger uses flame template for shooting instead of normal shooting.

Doing 2 red dice to all gangers under the template.

CheDate: Friday, 05-Jun-2015, 16:48:17 | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Yeah! I knew there was a better name than "cyber camouflage.

Shotgun is only in a vehicle? Or can a pedestrian be Shotgun?

zellakDate: Monday, 08-Jun-2015, 20:50:16 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Sawn-off shotgun would be called "Equalizer, it would replace "Drive-by" combat style altogether.

Was thinking we could change the system for vehicles by letting Buddies take a vehicle and be drivers ?

Or the buddy could enter on foot, in which case the rules would be the same as Gang Wars 2.

So the Combat Styles would be Sniper / Buddy / Equalizer / Psycho / Spray-gun / Sewer rat
..............( Sewer Rat = formerly known as Flanker before Walts made those super wee manhole thingys ) biggrin

Added (08-Jun-2015, 7:50 PM)
Got a game in on Sunday......me, Stephen and Philson.

Thoughts.......................................Equalizer ; is very dangerous when you shoot twice at the same target !

So maybe it should take a turn to reload ?

Spray-gun ; works well....but if a character is pinned and has to take a Kool test to unpin at the start....AND he also has to a take Kool test for being wounded AND he also has to take a Kool test for half his gang having being killed or routed!!!

Will one test do for all of them ? Or would he take 3 separate tests ???????

CheDate: Saturday, 27-Jun-2015, 21:10:49 | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Had an idea but it might be too complicated. Can Gang Wars be made more like Shadowrun and have mages etc added? Is this a step too far? My immediate reaction is that this kind of thing is more RPG adventure than skirmish game but I still fancy exploring the idea.It would probably require an umpire (Gamesmaster?) so is still an RPG! Any thoughts?

zellakDate: Sunday, 19-Jul-2015, 16:53:05 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
As a one off we could try out a fight between two gangs of mages ?????
Could you give me some idea of how you see it working ?

Remember we are starting the new campaign next Sunday ( 5/7/15 )

Got a few people interested today when I asked around.

Added (12-Jul-2015, 4:48 PM)
New rule added today.

Gang Leaders.

Pick a gang leader, mark the Gangster ID number on the card.

Advantage ; The Gang Leader gets an extra bonus card.

Disadvantage ; If the Gang Leader is killed, each Gangster must take a Kool test next turn or rout when they activate.

Killing a Gang Leader is worth an extra point of Rep.

Added (19-Jul-2015, 3:53 PM)
New Rule added today.

Traitor (Bane card ) ; Once a traitor always a traitor....roll 1d6 at the start of every game. Traitor changes sides on a 2+

Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 12-Jul-2015, 17:50:00

RMcNDate: Sunday, 19-Jul-2015, 22:20:34 | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Did feel the Equalizer was a bit too powerful - 2 red in flame template even with one turn reload. Against most gang punks with 2 white shooting.

My gang started with 3 Equalizers and 2 buddies - I only lost 1 ganger to bombs (blip tokens) and another for being shot at. But killed 4 of Jim's squad and 1 turned traitor.

If the equalizer is like a punk with a sawn off shotgun could be limited to ammo or suffer a gun jammed. Thinking that a bunch of punks would not know how to look after a heavy weapon well or ensure ammo reliable. As soon as red dice V white dice in shooting or melee it gets very one sided.

What do you think?

zellakDate: Monday, 20-Jul-2015, 09:07:04 | Message # 11
Generalissimo
Quote RMcN ()
What do you think?

I can only say that you must roll much better dice than me. LOL biggrin

When me and Che played a test game, one of my punks turned traitor and I attacked her with an equalizer that turn, and missed.

Next turn I went first and missed again and reloaded, she then shot at my punk, hit him for 1 damage and ran away.

Net result......we didn't find them overpowered.
Remember, with all those Equalizers you always have to close the distance, this may be a problem depending on the terrain and enemy gang composition.

The mathematical difference between rolling a red and a white dice is what ?

White die is 0,0,0,0,1,2 = 3 / 6 = 0.5 damage per die.

Red die is 0,0,0,1,2,3 = 6 / 6 = 1.0 damage per die.

So twice the damage (advantage), but missing a turn shooting due to reload (disadvantage).

(Advantage) hits multiple targets under the template, (disadvantage) no long range fire.

On paper it looks even enough, but I agree with you that I could be wrong and maybe we should tweak the rules after this campaign turn if people are not happy with the rule.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 20-Jul-2015, 09:09:19

RMcNDate: Monday, 20-Jul-2015, 20:10:57 | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
I agree that with 1 Equalizer - not much of a difference but i had five at the start of the game! Against 5 punks hmm ... a bit uneven. We will see how it plays out.

Oh, on another note - the Spray gun pinning. It went a bit weird as the ganger went Traitor and his buddy shot him with a spray gun, the traitor failed to pass test 5+, and stood rock still as was shot again and again by the same buddy. Could there be a condition that if shot at by a spray gun and pinned the ganger who is pinned must seek cover 6"-12" if in the open -and must move away from threat.!?!

What do you think?

zellakDate: Tuesday, 21-Jul-2015, 08:48:09 | Message # 13
Generalissimo
Quote RMcN ()
What do you think ?

Yep, nice one. biggrin ( though I would prefer it was a single move action, the point is to pin people in place, not have them get a free double move. )

So if a ganger fails a pinning test in the open he/she can make a single move towards cover and away from the threat ?

RMcNDate: Tuesday, 21-Jul-2015, 19:13:06 | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
zellak
So if a ganger fails a pinning test in the open he/she can make a single move towards cover and away from the threat ?

Yes I would think so.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gang Wars 3
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024