RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Tournaments
Tournaments
p1fxDate: Friday, 17-Oct-2014, 17:56:24 | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Talk of tournaments has got me thinking a little and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them.

Firstly how many tables would the club be ok to set aside for a tournament? five? and would the club have enough terrain etc to set up that number of tables for one specific game for example saga?

zellakDate: Friday, 17-Oct-2014, 18:33:46 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Five tables would be possible.

Saga uses a 4' x 3' table IIRC.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Friday, 17-Oct-2014, 19:29:47 | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Five tables would allow 10 entrants per tournament, obviously if more want in then great but 10 is a lot for now.

Would the club want to keep some of the (if any) entrance fee? say if 8 pound entry the winner gets 40, 2nd gets 20, 3rd gets 10 and either the club gets 10 or it is given as a prize for best painted army etc? That is if you want to have a prize, but this could help attract some players from farther afield like Glasgow.

What games would be both suitable and possible to put on (in terms of terrain etc) ? Saga, Bolt Action, Kings of War, Warmachine seem to be quite suited to tournaments from what I see, and they are games that do not have a lot of events happening esp in the west of Scotland.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Tournaments
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024