• Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Game Mats
Game Mats
zellakDate: Wednesday, 23-Apr-2014, 10:55:21 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
http://www.deepcutstudio.com/

Just seen this on Beasts of War....

Does the club need a space mat for X-wing and other space games ?

Or a ruined city mat for AT-43 and other sci-fi games ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Wednesday, 23-Apr-2014, 12:54:12 | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Member
A ruined city mat might add a bit of ambience to AT-43 or Gang Wars etc. Or would that be self indulgent? If we can afford it I would be OK with any extra scenery. Whatever the majority agree as always wink

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

p1fxDate: Wednesday, 23-Apr-2014, 17:15:47 | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
None of my business, but looking at those mats I am not sure the city ruins one is worth the money. The ocean, wasteland, badlands, stars, ice and snow ones (possibly the swamp one too) would be better buys for the price, having a bit more flexibility, and they look much better than the ruins one. You are going to be wanting to put terrain pieces on top of them anyway so why bother with one with ruins etc drawn on it? you would either have to ignore them or house rule the fact that they possibly should block line of site etc. They are quite nice looking, although not cheap.

I think if you were going for a city game board with fixed terrain fetures you would be better of trying to make your own modular one, then you can make it with various levels etc or with an additional board structured to represent sewers under the main board for example.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Game Mats
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024