Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gang Wars Scenery (Added to show off some new scenery!)
Gang Wars Scenery
MorgothDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 10:56:25 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hi Guys

Done a quick bosch job on creating some manhole covers for Flanker warriors ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/photo....-0-2059

... This will allow a good handful of entry points for the various gangs. They might also be used for objectives in other games?

Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 15:34:48 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Great job Walts !

This means we can have Flankers appearing anywhere on the table when they pop out a manhole. biggrin

And some other ideas; i think we should go back to playing Drive-bys the original way.....drivers dont shoot, they can only drive.

The last games we played, we were using our cars as mobile pillboxes with the drivers shooting on the second action. nono

I let it go to see how it played out................

Not Kool ! ..... the cars should be roaring round the table, spreading death and destruction. vinsent
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 15:36:17

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 16:42:41 | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Did you make them or buy them? and if you made them what did you use, they are great manhole covers, I like the little sewer pipe things you did too, little bits like that are good fun and a change on the table top.

CheDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 16:57:40 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Do players choose the entry manhole (ooer missus!) or do they role a dice? Probably the former so that's a stupid question but a good excuse for a bit of innuendo :o

They might also serve in AT-43 as inspection points at some time. wink

Or any gritty game wacko (Nurse he's out of bed again!) I'll shut up now tongue

Added (20-Apr-2014, 3:57 PM)
---------------------------------------------
And as the controller of an all female gang I object to the term 'manhole' and demand they be called 'personholes'!

Message edited by Che - Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 16:46:09

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

MorgothDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 21:56:45 | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote p1fx ()
Did you make them or buy them? and if you made them what did you use, they are great manhole covers, I like the little sewer pipe things you did too, little bits like that are good fun and a change on the table top.

I'm not 100% sure what manufacturer makes them, but their common enough kits ... check evilBay for bits. The club has a shed load of the kits built for Sci-Fi battles, so they'll fit in with what we have.

Quote Che ()
Do players choose the entry manhole (ooer missus!) or do they role a dice? Probably the former so that's a stupid question but a good excuse for a bit of innuendo :o

I would like Flankers to choose their "personholes" wink but a die roll of some sort would add some hilarity? Maybe a Kool check, else go one way or the other, if there are other "personholes?" haha

Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 01:29:04 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
They are Airfix Robogear.

I have built about 5 buildings which are very popular terrain pieces used at our club games.....WH40K and AT-43 in particular. (over the last few years ) .

Personholes ; I'm easy....lets debate it face to face..... Tho i'm sure whatever Che comes up with will be good to go. cool

Added (21-Apr-2014, 0:29 AM)
Quote Che ()
And as the controller of an all female gang I object to the term 'manhole' and demand they be called 'personholes'!

Noted: the girls pov should be taken into consideration.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 01:29:47

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 15:37:50 | Message # 7
Colonel
What did you make the buildings out of or were they kits?

zellakDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 17:26:42 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/901_1_1927978.html

This stuff.

There is also a kit called the "platformer" (or such like ) but its a lot harder to build and needs glued together.

The hexagon kits are great fun to build.

p1fxDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 19:10:11 | Message # 9
Colonel
Oh I have actually seen those before, quite a few years back I think, the name just did not ring a bell.

Added (21-Apr-2014, 6:10 PM)
Ah, it is no longer available on that site, but will have a look on flea bay

zellakDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 22:38:04 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/497566.page

here is another link.

There is a youtube video of a guy building the base from Starship Trooper with this stuff.

p1fxDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 22:41:59 | Message # 11
Colonel
Oh cool, the compound where the bugs have come up through the floor? Will check it out now.

Added (21-Apr-2014, 9:41 PM)
Those are some nice buildings.

zellakDate: Thursday, 24-Apr-2014, 09:15:53 | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Quote Che ()
They might also serve in AT-43 as inspection points at some time.

Aye, they would be spot on for inspection points in the Frostbite "The mines" scenario. happy

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gang Wars Scenery (Added to show off some new scenery!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024