Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Bolt Action Models Wanted! (Looking for advice on Bolt Action models)
Bolt Action Models Wanted!
MorgothDate: Thursday, 24-Oct-2013, 17:48:37 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hi Guys

I'm looking for some advice on what models to buy for the Bolt Action game ... http://www.warlordgames.com/store/bolt-action.html

I'm looking to get two 1,000pts army, most likely British & German but I'm not overlay bothered if Japs, Russians, etc, as long as their opposing ... and looking at the Warlords website, there's plenty of choice, but I don't fancy getting kits I have to put together, rather models that are pre-molded. So, any suggestion on what's the best too buy & where to get some good deals?

If anyone fancies selling any models as well, let me know as I'd like to get a couple of armies up & running asap. Painting them won't be a problem as I've finally made some time for myself as well ... huzzzzzahhhh! smile

Thanks, Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Thursday, 24-Oct-2013, 18:45:32 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
I know a few of the guys have 28mm armies.....

But if you wanted to do it cheaper, and buy diecast vehicles biggrin , then 20mm ( 1/72 scale ) might be better.

Dont know how that would scale with the cool new buildings the club just got though ?

.............ps............just thinking...........

why not get Russians and Americans and do WW3 ? tongue

i really like the Bolt Action rules to...........but am waiting to see if Warlord move forward a bit in time...

WW2 is a bit meh imho.
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 24-Oct-2013, 18:48:54

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Thursday, 24-Oct-2013, 22:27:48 | Message # 3
Major general
Hey Z

I did wonder about buying other scales, but I find it all a bit confusing! blink huh blink

Some forums same 1:50 or 1:56 is a true rep for 28mm infantry, and a lot of guys buy 1:72 (or 1:76) for tanks and other vehicles!

AND you have the difference for manufacturers as well mentioned all over the place ... I'm one confused commander!

Walts

... and there's the train scales ... OO ... OH ... what's that all about! ... confused.com
Message edited by Morgoth - Thursday, 24-Oct-2013, 22:30:21

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Friday, 25-Oct-2013, 16:39:57 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Dont buy 1/72 scale tanks for 28mm infantry !

1/72 scale = 20mm figures.

1/48 scale = 28mm figures.

Though 1/43 scale to 1/50 scale will do. There is a lot of variation between manufacturers.

see Airfix Afghanistan range.....

http://www.airfix.com/shop....set-148
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 25-Oct-2013, 21:20:56

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Thursday, 28-Nov-2013, 22:41:19 | Message # 5
Major general
Quote zellak ()
1/72 scale = 20mm figures.

1/48 scale = 28mm figures.

Though 1/43 scale to 1/50 scale will do. There is a lot of variation between manufacturers.

Yeah, there def is a lot of diff in manufacturers ... mentallllllll! wacko

I've been using this Wiki link ...

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scale_model_sizes

... as a "general" point of ref, so until I get my hands on specific manufacturer's models, it's going too be difficult to buy other ranges to mix with the Warlord Games models.

Has any of the other players bought from other manufacturers?

Still hunting about the 'tinTernet for some good deals! wink ... Walts

Added (28-Nov-2013, 9:41 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Getting the last of my BA Germans done this weekend, but took a break to get familiar with my airbrushing "skills" for some scenery ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/photo....-0-1831

... Looking forward to doing the rest! Honestly!?!?! ... just not cleaning the damn airbrush between colour changes! sad

Walts
Message edited by Morgoth - Thursday, 28-Nov-2013, 22:43:36

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Bolt Action Models Wanted! (Looking for advice on Bolt Action models)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024