Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Opinions needed on khorne lord (Khorne models, lava, (C/P from warseer))
Opinions needed on khorne lord
kaimarionDate: Monday, 12-Jul-2010, 02:59:38 | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Member
Have had this model sitting around for a while half finished, now I want to finish it but I'am kinda scared of ballsing things up so I need your opinion on the highlights. Should I use a brighter colour for the second highlight on the armour or is it a bit too bright all ready and does the lava base look ok?

As always all C&C welcome even if it isn't on the highlights or base :D.

And as always here is a pet pic.

zellakDate: Tuesday, 13-Jul-2010, 17:19:05 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Very nice job...it looks finished to me . smile

The lava base is particularly striking !

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 20-Jul-2010, 15:45:02 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Hi, I'm not much of a painter, but can appreciate the quality of this model ... A+ style, colours and the base, wellllll ... superb job all round K! Walts

mcbaleDate: Tuesday, 20-Jul-2010, 21:27:16 | Message # 4
Sergeant
dude amazing paint job all over but the lava base is particularly sweet cool

RMcNDate: Wednesday, 21-Jul-2010, 17:48:02 | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
As I said on Sunday it looks great. GW go for the red with orange highlight you have the blending/wash down. So it looks right. Did you try the technique I suggested with the lava base - or is this the photo you showed me on Sunday. Seeing the larger picture here the base does have the HOT lava effect you wanted I would say already. Painters have to see when a figure is done and stop - you know the next time you might try different things. But be pleased this is a good figure that has been very nicely painted.

Suggest if you want to get away from the orange highlight (in future models) and want a dark moody red armour then start with GW Machrite red mixed with Burnt Umber (a real acrylic colour not available in GW the scorched brown just isn't dark enough - got mine from art store as "Inscribe" manufacturer but it has been difficult to find recently). Don't use black to darken or shade it doesn't work just turns red a horrible muddy colour. Then bring up to red through slightly watered down mechrite red and up to red gore. GW basic red acrylic tends to be less opaque than other colours in the GW range but the the mechrite red Foundation paint isn't and will give you the foundation even on black undercoat - otherwise you will need to have a white undercoat. This way you have a dark to bright red and no orange highlight!

Well thats my thoughts - see you on Sunday. Have you checked out the Lava Dragon I did about >15 years ago?

Again nice job on the figure.

kaimarionDate: Saturday, 31-Jul-2010, 19:39:17 | Message # 6
Sergeant
Thanks for all the feedback it's much appreciated :).

Tried to find the lava dragon but my search-fu is weak, any chance of a link?

BalrogDate: Saturday, 31-Jul-2010, 21:11:04 | Message # 7
Aun Va III
Quote (kaimarion)
Tried to find the lava dragon but my search-fu is weak, any chance of a link?

Hi Kai ... Ur best to view Ross's pic's as "View photo in real size" to get the best details. Sometimes the pic's don't do the models/painting justice ...

... check out Ross's Medusa too ... Medusa
... and the Red Dragon ... Red Dragon ... excellent work!

Keep painting with quality like the Khorne Lord and ur bound to win first in show! ... Walts

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Opinions needed on khorne lord (Khorne models, lava, (C/P from warseer))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024