Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » 25mm Ancients/Medieval/Renaissance
25mm Ancients/Medieval/Renaissance
DKnightDate: Friday, 29-Jan-2010, 20:22:53 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Confirmed
Hello to you all.

I found out about your club on the Scottish Gaming forum . My main wargaming interst is from Ancient Greek up to the ECW in 25mm. I understand that a number of you have armies for this period and might fancy a game sometime.

I have played quite a number of sifferent rules. Curent favorites are FOG, WAB & WRG 6th, with Impetus growing on me as well. At a pinch I could manage a game of Crusader, Ancient Warfare or Medieval Warfare, Glutter of Ravens. Going a bit later I favour the old Gush Renaisswsance rules but have also plyed WECW and Forlorn Hope. Nothing starting DB I am afraid. My biggest problem is that by the time I get close to being semi competent at a rule set I move on to the next one so when I go back to the first set a few months later I am back at basic level again! Do you play any of these systems or do you favour other ones?

I have been collecting figures for 30+ years so almost all my figures are old Minifigs, Hinchliffe and Garrison types. Although my pile of unpainted lead is as high as the next man's I can put a few armies on the table.

I live between Falkirk & Stirling so Irvine is a bit of a push for me and Sundays not a particularly good day but I hope that if there was any interest I might be able to get down once or twice a year for a game.

Any takers?

Big-GDate: Friday, 29-Jan-2010, 22:38:41 | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
Hi Dave,

The club plays alot of FOG just now as a few of the guys are bolting on some DnD based magic for large scale fantasy battles. I'm sure there will be some takers, the forums just a little quiet at the moment.

Gordon

My RPG blog
http://www.new2rpg.wordpress.com

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 09-Jun-2010, 15:07:55 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Quote (DKnight)
I live between Falkirk & Stirling so Irvine is a bit of a push for me and Sundays not a particularly good day but I hope that if there was any interest I might be able to get down once or twice a year for a game. Any takers?

Hi DKnight! Did u ever manage to get any feedback from the other club members about a wargame? Walts

DKnightDate: Thursday, 10-Jun-2010, 20:37:49 | Message # 4
Private
No. I am still interested in a game or two if there is any interest

BalrogDate: Thursday, 10-Jun-2010, 21:51:50 | Message # 5
Aun Va III
Hi Dk ... FoG is popular with a few of our members. If u want to have/join a game, it's a good idea to check out our homepage to see what's being played, that way u can join in. I'll drop a mass PM to all the club members tomorrow to see if anyone can make some time for u. We've all got used to dropping in on the day, playing the day and planning next week with each other, so unless u drop in regularly it's always going to be hard to get your own game in.

Just for my own curiosity, do u play elsewhere? We're trying to link up with other clubs to see who's out there and see what websites are on the go.

I'll direct everyone to this topic and see what comes back ... hopefully u'll get some feedback from the players who play the wargames u like ... All the best ... Walts

DKnightDate: Friday, 11-Jun-2010, 06:38:39 | Message # 6
Private
I play most of my games at Falkirk. Irvine is outside my commuting distance for a regular game, but I would like to try to get to clubs in different parts of the country for an occasioanl game to cross swords with some different opponents. I tend to find that most people game these periods in 15mm rather than 25/28.

Dave

RMcNDate: Friday, 11-Jun-2010, 14:12:54 | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Dave we do have several gamers into that period and have 28mm figure to match. They do not always make it to the club every Sunday but a connection could be made in advance. They tend not to have time to make comments on websites but I will being seeing a few this Sunday. I will pass on your idea. They often take part in convention competitions so I would believe they would be interested. I will check what rule systems they prefer - but I do know that FOG has been played as well as the DBA, DBM etc you tend to move off from. But there are many more out there so I will ask if they cross and let you know.

Ross

DKnightDate: Friday, 11-Jun-2010, 22:24:37 | Message # 8
Private
smile Thanks Ross

zellakDate: Saturday, 12-Jun-2010, 14:31:07 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
I have played FoG a few times at the club, but i dont have an historical army.

I bought a load of D&D miniatures because i wanted to get started learning the rules as soon as possible, (after getting the rules), and they come pre-painted. Beastmen about 1000 points FoGF.

Somewhere down the line i intend to get a 28mm ancient army....but it would probably end up lying around unpainted in a box.

I also started out on WRG 5th/6th/7th. And DBM/DBF.
FoG got me back into Ancients after a long time playing other periods.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

RMcNDate: Sunday, 13-Jun-2010, 20:53:49 | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
UNfortunately the intended players did not make it so I will hopefully catch them in the next few weeks.

DKnightDate: Monday, 14-Jun-2010, 04:51:56 | Message # 11
Private
No probs. I can supply 2 armies if needed cool

zellakDate: Monday, 14-Jun-2010, 20:15:35 | Message # 12
Generalissimo
DKnight : "No probs. I can supply 2 armies if needed ."

Well if you dont want to play against my Beastmen ( who more or less count as Gauls wink ), then i would happily play 25mm Ancients if you bring in an army for me to use. smile

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » 25mm Ancients/Medieval/Renaissance
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024