Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » The reason we stop painting
The reason we stop painting
pavlovDate: Sunday, 12-Aug-2012, 09:35:23 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Member
Hi folks

Sometimes a single figure just leaves you speachless.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/311870

The carbon fibre pattern on the armour is amazing.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Sunday, 12-Aug-2012, 10:27:27 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Spectacular painting !!!

Wont stop me from painting my army though.... wink

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

RMcNDate: Monday, 13-Aug-2012, 13:46:46 | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
A lot of detail.

I wonder if he used a stencil or paint repellent to get the hexagonal shapes on the shields?

A pity he does not share how he got the affects. Looks like some airbrushing for shield shading.

The armour painted in detail must have taken ages and a very steady hand.

The gloss varnish usually exposes poor paint jobs - so for this to look so good is a credit to him.

What a pity he did not source clear plastic rods to hold drone/shields insteady of those ugly wires.

pavlovDate: Monday, 13-Aug-2012, 16:28:44 | Message # 4
Major general
Hi

The guy has a web site which has tutorials, the one for the carbon fibre effect is pending, most of it is airbrush but it does work very well for the force fields. I think the carbon fibre effect might be decals.

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Monday, 13-Aug-2012, 20:13:06

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BanksiDate: Tuesday, 14-Aug-2012, 19:26:51 | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Administrators
The figure is superb , the attention to detail awesome

BUT

Would it make me stop painting?

I think not!

I still enjoy the satisfaction from finishing painting an army and fielding it on the table.

No matter what standard an army is painted to, the fact we all have at sometime put time, effort and perseverance into the task must be recognized.

and I suppose it's not how shiney your army is that matters it's what you do with it!!

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

RMcNDate: Friday, 17-Aug-2012, 20:06:13 | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
I second that motion.

"Only a bad workman blames his tools"

So do we say:

"Only a bad wargammer blames unpainted models / and the dice" biggrin

I'm sure zellak will have something to say about unpainted models.

But I do think when you see a well painted armies in front of you on some good terrain it is nice to stand back and appreciate it. Seeing these guys spending months on a figure I find inspiring, but I think to myself I could get a couple of armies done in that time - so you know what I would do instead!!

MorgothDate: Sunday, 19-Aug-2012, 18:53:27 | Message # 7
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote (pavlov)
Sometimes a single figure just leaves you speachless.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/311870

The carbon fibre pattern on the armour is amazing.

Breathtaking piece of art!

Having only taken up model painting again recently, I've found that depending on how long I take to paint models dictates what quality I get. I painted 3 Goblin Fanatic's a month ago ... took about four hours, but I was being extra careful and added in lots of minor details ... look pretty good, imho of course! Today, I bosched a dozen Orc command models for tabletop standard ... and the poor quality tells.

Given time, I'm sure some of you guys could produce similar results if u wanted to spend a month on one figure? ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » The reason we stop painting
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024