Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Good musemes or information sources on Ayrshire history
Good musemes or information sources on Ayrshire history
p1fxDate: Saturday, 11-Aug-2012, 22:16:36 | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Anyone know of any good info sources locally for local historic information, images, street maps etc for a Sherlock Holmes / Cthulhu by Gaslight inspired rpg adventure I am writing?

zellakDate: Sunday, 12-Aug-2012, 01:43:48 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
109 posts and we have never met you !!!!

Is Irvine really that far away ?

You seem to comment on so many things relative to the club, but are still a stranger. surprised

But i digress......

Visit the museum in Saltcoats and the castle ruins in Ardrossan. Thats all we got wink

Its said that the ghost of William Wallace stalks the castle ruins at night, as some of his remains were buried there.

And the Lord of the castle sold his soul to the devil, but renaged on the deal ...

The devil tried to kill him but missed, there is a hoof print on the wall in the inside of the castle.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Sunday, 12-Aug-2012, 10:27:03 | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Administrators
Try Kilwinning, it's still in Victorian times... lol

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

p1fxDate: Sunday, 12-Aug-2012, 13:35:09 | Message # 4
Colonel
Quote (zellak)
Visit the museum in Saltcoats and the castle ruins in Ardrossan. Thats all we got wink

Yeah covered those a few times over lol

Quote (zellak)
Its said that the ghost of William Wallace stalks the castle ruins at night, as some of his remains were buried there.

Poor old willy, he is one busy ghost, just about every castle I visit up here is haunted by him

Quote (zellak)
And the Lord of the castle sold his soul to the devil, but renaged on the deal ...

The devil tried to kill him but missed, there is a hoof print on the wall in the inside of the castle.

Not seen the hoof print, will have another look. I was more interested in the remains of the cellars under it. Have already outlined a scenario for them.

Quote (zellak)
109 posts and we have never met you !!!!

Is Irvine really that far away ?

You seem to comment on so many things relative to the club, but are still a stranger. surprised

Not sure what that has to do with penny chews, are folk only allowed to post if they attend on a Sunday?
Sunday is not good for me and aye Irvine is a pain to get to for me.
Message edited by p1fx - Sunday, 12-Aug-2012, 13:59:11

zellakDate: Sunday, 12-Aug-2012, 19:49:32 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Quote (p1fx)
Not seen the hoof print, will have another look. I was more interested in the remains of the cellars under it. Have already outlined a scenario for them.

Neither have i...and i have looked. Read it years ago in a book about supernatural myths of Scotland.

Never been in the cellars either, but my son claims to have been down it and followed it to a secret exit.

Quote (p1fx)
Not sure what that has to do with penny chews, are folk only allowed to post if they attend on a Sunday?

Just saying what i had been thinking for a while. Clarity induced by vodka. wacko

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Sunday, 12-Aug-2012, 20:54:06 | Message # 6
Major general
Hi

Well I would like to suggest that as a new forum rule i.e. show you nose before you post.

I dont need vodka to induce clarity you post but dont show at the club you use a facility supplied by the club but dont contribute to the club, there are several terms for that.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

p1fxDate: Monday, 13-Aug-2012, 01:14:47 | Message # 7
Colonel
Quote (pavlov)
Well I would like to suggest that as a new forum rule i.e. show you nose before you post.

I dont need vodka to induce clarity you post but dont show at the club you use a facility supplied by the club but dont contribute to the club, there are several terms for that.

Alan

And of course hostility is really going to persuade someone to attend. :P

I was actually going to try and arrange a game of 40k at your club soon, as I may finally finish painting my army soon (well if I keep chipping away at it)

Quote (zellak)

Neither have i...and i have looked. Read it years ago in a book about supernatural myths of Scotland.

Never been in the cellars either, but my son claims to have been down it and followed it to a secret exit.

I will have another look in the next few days and see if I can see it, have spoke to a few people who say they have been down there, but each has given a different description lol so not sure what to make of it. And what with the grates and things it is a little hard to explore now, from what you can see though it gos back some way.

Added (13-Aug-2012, 1:14 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Actually really hoping the hoof print is there, that and the devils bargain would work really well into a plot line. Cheers for that, more scope than the tunnel under Law Castle.
Message edited by p1fx - Monday, 13-Aug-2012, 01:52:13

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Good musemes or information sources on Ayrshire history
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024