Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Kings of War club tournament
Kings of War club tournament
RMcNDate: Sunday, 23-Sep-2012, 09:41:32 | Message # 41
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Member
I have human figures as well, Viking, Norman, and plenty of cannon from ACW or Napoleonic.

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 02-Oct-2012, 12:09:22 | Message # 42
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hi Z .... Did u say that the tourny would now have a 1,500pts army instead of 1,750pts? ... Walts
Message edited by Morgoth - Tuesday, 02-Oct-2012, 12:14:21

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Sunday, 14-Oct-2012, 19:00:42 | Message # 43
Generalissimo
Aye, 1500 points would allow 3 games to be played in one day. (.......by most people wacko )

Added (14-Oct-2012, 7:00 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Three weeks to the tourney.

All armies 1500 points.

No allies

6 Turns.

All units and magic items defined when deployed on the table.

Basic tourney rules game set up....see page 46 of rulebook.

Swiss System : highest scoring winners play each other / lowest scoring losers play each other.

Important....remember to keep your running score !

Hills ;

Consider the top of the hill marked by a dot.
The unit closest to the dot is uphill.
The unit attacking uphill gets -1 to hit.

Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 14-Oct-2012, 19:05:32

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

RMcNDate: Sunday, 14-Oct-2012, 19:19:26 | Message # 44
Lieutenant colonel
Not done the game with scoring. Take it explained in the rules - need to see this.

Seems fine for the Hill bonus for me.

Could we sort out the terrain parameters, like how big they can be (as in DBM), and placement / position like FOG!
I would take it most games played in typically open tarrain.

zellakDate: Sunday, 14-Oct-2012, 19:30:08 | Message # 45
Generalissimo
Quote (RMcN)
Could we sort out the terrain parameters, like how big they can be (as in DBM), and placement / position like FOG!
I would take it most games played in typically open terrain.

As organiser, i will set up 4 tables, with different terrain density.....random table allocation for each game.

There wont be more than 3 terrain pieces per table, but some might be quite large.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Sunday, 14-Oct-2012, 22:12:43 | Message # 46
Major general
Quote (zellak)
As organiser, i will set up 4 tables, with different terrain density.....random table allocation for each game.

There wont be more than 3 terrain pieces per table, but some might be quite large.

Just a thought but to keep things even, shouldn't the tables all be the same.. level playing field and all that stuff. So it is the army and the use of it that counts not the terrain.

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

ZealyotDate: Sunday, 14-Oct-2012, 23:11:31 | Message # 47
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (Banksi)
Just a thought but to keep things even, shouldn't the tables all be the same.. level playing field and all that stuff. So it is the army and the use of it that counts not the terrain.

But if you know how to play you're army right you should be able to work a strategy around any type of terrain should you not wacko

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

BanksiDate: Monday, 15-Oct-2012, 12:18:45 | Message # 48
Major general
Quote (Zealyot)
ut if you know how to play you're army right you should be able to work a strategy around any type of terrain should you not

I thought that tournaments were about setting a level playing field that gives no one an advantage, this then allowed player skills, army choice and so on to win the day

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Monday, 15-Oct-2012, 16:10:46 | Message # 49
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
Just a thought but to keep things even, shouldn't the tables all be the same..

I have never heard of a tourney where all the tables have to be the same. surprised

Usually the organisers set the terrain. (if there is no in-rules kind of set-up like FoG.)

Will look into this.......

Added (15-Oct-2012, 4:10 PM)

Quote (Zealyot)
But if you know how to play you're army right you should be able to work a strategy around any type of terrain should you not ?

But actually, i agree with this. cool

RMcNDate: Monday, 15-Oct-2012, 19:37:41 | Message # 50
Lieutenant colonel
I would like to see different terrain types on different tables, but I would expect that 3/4 would be open good going.

The DBA/DBM like FOG has clear descriptions on terrain for typical topography.

The DBA gives as a guide that the area of a terrain feature should be able to fit into a rectangle which the length + width to be less than or equal to 36cm ( but no dimension less than 4cm), the exception is a marsh or rough going the "rectangle's" length should not exceed twice its width. Although expects terrain features to be approx. oval in shape. Apart from that like Fog it has Compulsary features 1-2, Optional 2-3. So overall there is not too much on the table.

Can I ask - when the 1500 points army chosen it stays as is - no tweeks between battles?

zellakDate: Monday, 15-Oct-2012, 20:13:47 | Message # 51
Generalissimo
Quote (RMcN)
when the 1500 points army chosen it stays as is - no tweeks between battles?

Aye, you have to play all-comers with the same list, it cannot be changed between battles.

Normally each list would be checked before the start of the competition.

Though i dont think we will have time for one guy to check them all, so we might swap them and get everyone to check one each.

Time will be tight, so we should all come in early that week, say 10.30 ?

Added (15-Oct-2012, 8:13 PM)

Quote (RMcN)
I would like to see different terrain types on different tables, but I would expect that 3/4 would be open good going.

Roughly what i was thinking, if the terrain covers a quarter of the table (or less !)....then spread it out.

philsonDate: Tuesday, 16-Oct-2012, 20:54:57 | Message # 52
Sergeant
I can try and make it at that time if I can roll out of bed that quickly. smile

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 30-Oct-2012, 18:40:34 | Message # 53
Major general
I'd be happy to see a few bits of terrain scattered about the table ... to test each general in turn. Not really bothered about the strategic situ, as long as the player who's put the scenery down is last to pick what side they come on from! wink

As too army lists, I'm happy to post them to someone too check for me? Not done it yet, but will work on it tomorrow. I'm not bothered who knows what I've got, as long as I get more then one game in! ahhh, to be the King of War!

Are we likely to be in for 10:30am? If so, I could pick up Philson on this occasion for the tourney ... Walts

Added (30-Oct-2012, 6:40 PM)

Quote (zellak)
Swiss System : highest scoring winners play each other / lowest scoring losers play each other.

Important....remember to keep your running score !

So, the "King of War" will be the player who has the
highest total after the three battles? ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Tuesday, 30-Oct-2012, 18:59:37 | Message # 54
Generalissimo
Quote (Morgoth)
So, the "King of War" will be the player who has the
highest total after the three battles? ... Walts

Yep. And as organiser i'm setting up the tables. (with some help from Pavlov.)

We are using two of the 2' x 2' flocked foam sections for each table.

Make sure you bring your (legible !) army list with you...it will be checked.

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 30-Oct-2012, 22:27:59 | Message # 55
Major general
... and what happens if the numbers don't tally? What happens to the chap who's left out, he obviously won't win any points? unsure I'd be happy to take a by and bring in my camera to get some shots of the games for some KoW promo?

I'll send u my armylist before Sunday for checking. Best to save a few minutes where we can, u know how good I am with setup/gameplay!!

I'm more for a fun day than anything else! biggrin ... Walts ("The Dinosaur!")

ZealyotDate: Tuesday, 30-Oct-2012, 23:29:59 | Message # 56
Lieutenant colonel
So what's the head count for the tournament on Sunday then?

as far as i can count it's 8

Myself, Andy, Zellak, Walts, Mark, Banksi, Philson, Ross

Have i missed anyone out?

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

zellakDate: Wednesday, 31-Oct-2012, 16:24:13 | Message # 57
Generalissimo
Quote (Zealyot)
Have i missed anyone out?

No, thats everyone. happy

Quote (Morgoth)
... and what happens if the numbers don't tally?

As organiser i am the spare man......so you will get your three games, dont worry.
Message edited by zellak - Wednesday, 31-Oct-2012, 16:24:36

ZealyotDate: Wednesday, 31-Oct-2012, 16:28:12 | Message # 58
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (Morgoth)
... and what happens if the numbers don't tally?

well if there's 8 of us there shouldn't be anyone left out happy

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

zellakDate: Wednesday, 31-Oct-2012, 16:33:01 | Message # 59
Generalissimo
In a perfect world there would be 8 ( without me) so that i could float about and help with rules questions.

But no big deal. I play really fast......................Zooooooooooooooooooooom.

MorgothDate: Wednesday, 31-Oct-2012, 18:49:02 | Message # 60
Major general
Quote (zellak)
As organiser i am the spare man......so you will get your three games, dont worry.

Good man!

I'll bring my camera to get a couple of shots of the campaign ... "Let the games begin!" ... Walts

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Kings of War club tournament
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024