Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » warmill.co.uk (Very tasty terrain)
warmill.co.uk
p1fxDate: Tuesday, 31-Jul-2012, 01:12:18 | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Recently saw this companies compound/barricade being used by another club and was wondering if anyone here had ever bought or used this companies products.

zellakDate: Tuesday, 31-Jul-2012, 10:36:39 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Not AFAIK.

The look good....but a bit pricey. The pods look exceptionally useful for sci-fi games.

What are the jewel bases all about! Why buy a base with an etched detail...and then glue a miniature to it ????

I must have the wrong end of the stick here ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Tuesday, 31-Jul-2012, 16:29:49 | Message # 3
Colonel
Aye they certainly aint cheap, but they do seem really nice. Although I am too at a bit of a loss over the jewel bases.

Added (31-Jul-2012, 4:29 PM)
---------------------------------------------
BTW Z the club I know was using it to play test the Warpath rules by Mantic, and they were quite positive about the game, although they did say it was deff a diff game to 40k in play.

zellakDate: Tuesday, 31-Jul-2012, 23:14:51 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Quote (p1fx)
BTW Z the club I know was using it to play test the Warpath rules by Mantic, and they were quite positive about the game, although they did say it was deff a diff game to 40k in play.

Warpath is still far from being a finished product imho. They seem to be having a problem defining what type of game it should be.

And nearly every sci-fi game i have seen is better than 40K, because it is still stuck in the 1980's. tongue

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Wednesday, 01-Aug-2012, 12:01:05 | Message # 5
Colonel
I think they just expected it to be very similar to 40k since mantic seem to be trying to copy whatever gw do.

zellakDate: Wednesday, 01-Aug-2012, 17:29:27 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
i would say.....Warmachine looks closer to 40K, because its also a gothy sci-fi game.

Warpath has a more generic sci-fi feel to it than both of them.

p1fxDate: Wednesday, 01-Aug-2012, 19:18:19 | Message # 7
Colonel
Hmm I would say Warmachine is more steampunk. And I am not sure 40k could be classed solely as gothic, sure it has some goth in it but there are also bits of fantasy, ww1 etc. As for Mantic, have you seen the enforcers? they are almost a direct copy of space marines.

zellakDate: Wednesday, 01-Aug-2012, 21:42:49 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Yeah, the enforcer captain looks a bit terminator-like. With the head lower than the shoulders.

But the rank and file guys are much more Iron-Man than space marine.

p1fxDate: Wednesday, 01-Aug-2012, 22:18:44 | Message # 9
Colonel
It was not just in their appearance I was thinking, the way they are armed, the types of unit, they are basically space marines in a diff name, and the price is not far off GW's either.

But we are getting side tracked lol

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » warmill.co.uk (Very tasty terrain)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024