RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Greenock Con
Greenock Con
zellakDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 17:56:55 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
p1fx is organising a wargames/RPG/card games convention in Greenock around April.

Are there people willing to run a demo game there in order to promote the club ?

And if so what would we do best unsure

(i dont normally play evil empire games, but will make an exception in this case. tongue )

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 19:11:11 | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
We are also looking for open participation games aswell as demo ones, a game where members of the public can play either against the host or another visitor with the host acting as ref. Things like bloodbowl would be good for this, perhaps RoE or 40k too.

We will also have on some un related games such as Subbuteo table football due to demand.

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 03-Jan-2012, 00:10:37 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Quote (p1fx)
We will also have on some un related games such as Subbuteo table football due to demand.

That would look pretty cool if the footballers where replaced with Bloodbowl teams! B)

Quote (zellak)
p1fx is organising a wargames/RPG/card games convention in Greenock around April.
Are there people willing to run a demo game there in order to promote the club ?

Hey Z, what about your "Gang Wars" ... something different and plenty of time to pretty the game up? I'd be happy to create some game cards for the teams on the go and anyone wanting to play in the event, and make the rules available in a PDF to anyone who might want an online copy?

People could easily join in at the event as well? ... Walts

zellakDate: Tuesday, 03-Jan-2012, 12:00:38 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
People could easily join in at the event as well? ... Walts

Its an option, but we should look at other options to, a historical wargame might be better ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Thursday, 05-Jan-2012, 06:04:06 | Message # 5
Colonel
Whatever you decide will be fine I am sure, I am just happy to have another club on board.

I would however suggest that you pick something that you are all really comfortable with and know the rules back to front. Just so it will be easier for yourselves to run

By the way each club involved has a representative on the organisational council, would you like to decide on one from your club?

ZealyotDate: Thursday, 05-Jan-2012, 13:47:23 | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
What about Imperium battles? Its fun, fast and really easy to understand so even younger gamers could join in.

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

zellakDate: Friday, 06-Jan-2012, 13:30:08 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Quote (Zealyot)
What about Imperium battles? Its fun, fast and really easy to understand so even younger gamers could join in.

Aye, that would work. happy

What about a theme / sides / scenario ?

We should have enough Space Crusade dice. biggrin
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 06-Jan-2012, 13:31:24

p1fxDate: Sunday, 08-Jan-2012, 03:21:11 | Message # 8
Colonel
What is that? Is it something you could make look real nice and shiney?

By the way the council have voted on a name and the winner was, ClydeCon. So that is what we are christening the event. So far we have yourselves, Lanarkshire Gamers and Inverclyde Roleplayers signed up for sure, hopefully Greenock and Gourock wargames clubs too, and we are going to contact Ayr and Prestwick too.

ZealyotDate: Sunday, 08-Jan-2012, 23:32:23 | Message # 9
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (p1fx)
What is that?

Imperium battles is in all respects the first version of warhammer 40000, its a tabletop game based off of the old space crusade board game using modified and fan created rules to let you play wit a large number of figures rather than the one squad you get each in traditional space crusade.

Quote (p1fx)
Is it something you could make look real nice and shiney?

Depending on who we can get to join in we could make it more shiney than Frodo's Mithril vest biggrin
Message edited by Zealyot - Sunday, 08-Jan-2012, 23:43:17

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

p1fxDate: Monday, 09-Jan-2012, 02:26:00 | Message # 10
Colonel
Oh so it is Space Crusade, i used to like that, as for the first version of 40k, nah that was Rogue Trader a few years before SC, I have a copy of RT still.

ZealyotDate: Monday, 09-Jan-2012, 16:54:11 | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (p1fx)
nah that was Rogue Trader a few years before SC

I completely forgot about rogue trader, silly me tongue

Quote (p1fx)
Oh so it is Space Crusade

well the basics are space crusade but on a kind of 40k scale

Here's a link to the game rules and stat tables for the figures for you to have a wee look at
Imperium battles

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

mcbaleDate: Thursday, 19-Jan-2012, 09:32:34 | Message # 12
Sergeant
Sounds like a good idea

zellakDate: Thursday, 29-Mar-2012, 23:19:28 | Message # 13
Generalissimo
So this is getting closer !!!

We must have a meeting at the club this Sunday to discuss some ideas.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Greenock Con
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024