Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Recruiting new members? (New members)
Recruiting new members?
zellakDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 12:52:17 | Message # 21
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Quote (p1fx)
Nope I am just stating what occured, which was as much my fault as others. As I said also above I am not having a pop. I am just glad that things seemed to have changed a bit and you seem to be more open to trying things to boost the club and hobby.

Nothing has changed.

We were always keen to gain more club members.

Perhaps you are referring to the tongue in cheek comment i remember making about gaining more 40k players...as i am a die-hard AT-43 fan boy. wink

BTW , me and Walter came up to the Largs club to see you...you were not in that week.

And....they use 28mm for RoE in the NAWC.

Quote (p1fx)
I would be up for it once I can afford to build a GW army or two

If you are going to jump on that band wagon, better to wait til 40K 6th edition is released in June.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 13:09:55 | Message # 22
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Yeah the whole 6th edition is why I am reluctant to buy the current boxed game, that and its price tag! I am building up the remains of my old marine force though and have access to the games rules so could play, then buy the new one later.

I have not been into the Largs club for a while now. Which week was that? I was only aware of you both popping in to the RPG day event.

Added (31-Dec-2011, 12:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I have sort of handed over the running of the Largs club for now, to try and force the others to take a more active role and encourage them to communicate which was a massive problem, I may step back in though if things really take a slide. I am just glad that it is up and running, which was my aim, it is worrying though that it has become a little more of a private group than a club, as a club is the way to spread the hobby. We have had a few special events though which were well attended for the area, and as I say I am currently working on a big convention for all our hobbies. This would be a great place for you to show of your club, we can give you space for a few games on reasonable sized tables ( 6 by 4) along with space for advertising and sign ups etc, all within a 120 capacity venue with a bar.

zellakDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 13:16:24 | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Quote (p1fx)
I have not been into the Largs club for a while now. Which week was that? I was only aware of you both popping in to the RPG day event.

Yep...that was it.

Quote (p1fx)
Yeah the whole 6th edition is why I am reluctant to buy the current boxed game, that and its price tag! I am building up the remains of my old marine force though and have access to the games rules so could play, then buy the new one later.

Better off sticking to RoE, rather than Wallethammer. biggrin

Added (31-Dec-2011, 12:16 PM)

Quote (p1fx)
I am currently working on a big convention for all our hobbies. This would be a great place for you to show of your club, we can give you space for a few games on reasonable sized tables ( 6 by 4) along with space for advertising and sign ups etc, all within a 120 capacity venue with a bar.

Where ?

We have had a sticking point before...with all club members wanting to tour the convention (and none willing to man the barricades at the club exhibit).

Thats just wargamers ! biggrin <<<<<<<<<shrugs >>>>>>>>>

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 13:20:20 | Message # 24
Colonel
28mm RoE is not that much cheaper though, plus ebay helps with 40k and the fact that I still have a few units left about, same with Fantasy.

The RPG weekend thing was not actually a club event but one run by the shop, the club did not begin untill a month later, and I was there just not fo the game session you and Walter were in for.

Added (31-Dec-2011, 12:20 PM)
Well that is a problem, you need someone to man your stall or run your demo games, otherwise it don't quite work. There are a few other war games clubs hopefully going to be there and so far 3 RPG clubs and a card event. The convention is in Grennock.

zellakDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 13:25:46 | Message # 25
Generalissimo
Quote (p1fx)
The convention is in Greenock.

When ?

How long do we have to plan what we might do ?

p1fxDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 13:40:38 | Message # 26
Colonel
April, currently, do not take that as final though, but the venue is booked for then. So still plenty of time to plan. Ironically one of your casual members is one of our team of organisers, thought he may have mentioned it, but he said he don't get in to your club often.

Added (31-Dec-2011, 12:40 PM)
Ideally we are looking for crowd pleaser games where possible, with a few others. So things that will pull in people such as Hordes/Warmachine, 40k/Fantasy, Blodbowl, RoE or FoW wargaems wise would be very welcome, esp with nice table layouts

You would also need to provide flyers or advertising posters etc if you want to put them up. Currently we are looking at pricing tickets around £2.50, keeping it cheap and accesable to all.

zellakDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 13:48:16 | Message # 27
Generalissimo
Quote (p1fx)
Ironically one of your casual members is one of our team of organisers, thought he may have mentioned it, but he said he don't get in to your club often.

Really ....who ? huh

I'm guessing Captain Beaky....one of the best Drow players i ever did see. wink

Added (31-Dec-2011, 12:48 PM)

Quote (p1fx)
such as Hordes/Warmachine, 40k/Fantasy, Blodbowl, RoE or FoW

We have some great scratchbuilt Bloodbowl boards, but it would be up to those that would be manning the display.

p1fxDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 14:50:05 | Message # 28
Colonel
No actually not the Captain, and I will not be naming him on a forum, no offence

Added (31-Dec-2011, 1:50 PM)
Need to add Beaky to the group though now I think about it.

zellakDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 16:44:24 | Message # 29
Generalissimo
Quote (p1fx)
No actually not the Captain, and I will not be naming him on a forum, no offence

None taken. happy

p1fxDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 17:41:28 | Message # 30
Colonel
You could rotate those manning the stand, so that they man it for one game then enjoy the con while someone else runs the next game.

zellakDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 17:51:00 | Message # 31
Generalissimo
We really need a new thread, if going into details.

p1fxDate: Sunday, 08-Jan-2012, 03:35:55 | Message # 32
Colonel
I know you are a wargames club at heart but would it be possible combine the club with other hobby's to boost attendances? it may result in more crossovers between hobbys. say if you were to start a rpg side aswell (and a card group?) and all share the same location under the banner of a co operative or unified group of clubs? or if you wanted to do a similar thing without the effort you could make your name more gaming generic like it used to be many years ago. I know many of you also play rpg's and board games but there are other players of these out there who are sometimes put off possibly attending due to them feeling they would be a minority at the club, if they felt that they had their own space within the club they may bring in others with them. just a thought, not a dig.

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Sunday, 08-Jan-2012, 18:59:25 | Message # 33
Lieutenant
Quote (p1fx)
say if you were to start a rpg side aswell (and a card group?)

We do RPG's (Such as D&D etc) aswell occasionally, just not played as much as War games
Message edited by JamieCraftworldMaiden - Sunday, 08-Jan-2012, 19:00:37

BalrogDate: Sunday, 08-Jan-2012, 21:31:22 | Message # 34
Aun Va III
Quote (p1fx)
I know you are a wargames club at heart but would it be possible combine the club with other hobby's to boost attendances? it may result in more crossovers between hobbys. say if you were to start a rpg side aswell (and a card group?) and all share the same location under the banner of a co operative or unified group of clubs? or if you wanted to do a similar thing without the effort you could make your name more gaming generic like it used to be many years ago. I know many of you also play rpg's and board games but there are other players of these out there who are sometimes put off possibly attending due to them feeling they would be a minority at the club, if they felt that they had their own space within the club they may bring in others with them. just a thought, not a dig.

Hey P ... Yeah, the old "wargames" title might scare away potential boardgame, RPG or card players. I don't think it's something we can really change, just hope that surfers think to ask or see that we're happy to take any type of players or game. I would luv to see more RPGs in the club, but no-one's taking much interest in doing anything along those lines. Boardgame & card games are also few & far between, but everyone's happy doing their own thing.

We're happy to take on any newcomers. There's plenty of space and the facility's are brilliant!

There's has been old posts and comments by other people not at the club, about coming to the club wth a new game type/idea, but they've never came to anything. Maybe Sundays a bad day for playing?

Hopefully, surfers will realise that everyones welcome, so come along and bring those CCG, Boardgames & RPG's with u ... Walts

CheDate: Sunday, 08-Jan-2012, 22:34:08 | Message # 35
Lieutenant general
Quote (p1fx)
I know many of you also play rpg's and board games but there are other players of these out there who are sometimes put off possibly attending due to them feeling they would be a minority at the club,

Board games have been sidelined but there are still plenty available to play at the club.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

p1fxDate: Thursday, 12-Jan-2012, 06:54:26 | Message # 36
Colonel
It is not something which has to be on every week, but a long running rpg campaign played a few times a month or a boardgame session etc would mean that potentially you would have some extra folk in at least a few times a month and hopefully they may become interested in some of the other games which are going on around them at the club..

Escaping from the wargames banner is sometimes what is needed, but having it done in a co-op style with different arms to the club would protect the original entity. I am just thinking of what is occuring down in Furness where a good sized card group and a rpg club both closed and yet its members do not now go to the wargames club to play as they seem to feel they would be pushed to one side and be a minority, yet the wargames club is in real need of new blood to survive. So none of the people are solving their problems, where as a unified approach may be what they need.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Recruiting new members? (New members)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024