Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gamer from Lanarkshire (Intro)
Gamer from Lanarkshire (Intro)
ShaheenDate: Monday, 19-Dec-2011, 16:17:07 | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Confirmed
Hi folks,

Thought I'd drop by. I'm on the external forum with UKRoleplayers too and saw you from there - I thought that mini forum was the only one you had but now I see you've had this for some time too! biggrin My name's Shaheen and I play lots of games - old favourites being Bloodbowl and Necromunda for Wargames and a many, many RPGs amongst other games.

I've added myself to this forum in an ongoing attempt to bring gamers together as part of a project I've set myself. Details of the project can be found here: http://recessiondodgetovictory.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/pick-up-gamers-for-hire/

If becoming part of a larger gaming network to find games and interact sounds like something you would be interested in then you can find the first stage of the project on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/164138950300208/

I also help organise a gaming club in my area - Lanarkshire Gamers, so if you know any one from around that way we'd be delighted if you sent them our way! http://lanarkshiregamers.freeforums.org/index.php

Hope to pop out and see you all sometime in the New Year!

zellakDate: Monday, 19-Dec-2011, 20:52:46 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
I remember you posting this idea on UKRP.....hows it coming along ?

If anyone comes knocking on our door from your neck of the woods, then we will point them in your direction. happy

Quote (Shaheen)
Hope to pop out and see you all sometime in the New Year!

Looking forward to seeing you, though best you post first if you want to do something in particular.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Monday, 19-Dec-2011, 22:59:23 | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Hi Shaheen and welcome to our little volume of cyberspace. Always good to see(?) other gamers.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Monday, 19-Dec-2011, 23:52:18 | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Quote (Shaheen)
I play lots of games - old favourites being Bloodbowl

A lot of Blood Bowl players at this club, I share your enthusiasm for it aswell biggrin

I also like what your trying to create, well done!

Jamie

ShaheenDate: Wednesday, 28-Dec-2011, 22:00:46 | Message # 5
Sergeant
Thanks for the interest guys! I've posted on other clubs before and been shouted down - doesn't phase me mind you!

Zellak, we're doing well. The Central Belt Pick Up Gamers group has over 40 members now, mostly made up of sellers, gaming developers and club organisers. It's a useful network now for sharing best practice in gaming and also what's going on though not quite as much PUGging as I'd have liked if I'm honest - but I think that was a little too much to ask - people gaming with strangers outside of clubs and stuff. However, now that people are beginning to meet one another more, I get the impression that there's more intermingling from club to club where they are near one another.

As for Bloodbowl... smile Check out Team Scotland forums for all Bloodbowl chat in Scotland http://www.createforum.com/teamsco....landbb. If you have trouble getting added by the admins give me a shout and I'll nudge them to add you. Also, there's a tournament coming up on February 25th (I think) run by Stirling Wargamers. If it interests you I'll post more details up here in a separate post.

zellakDate: Thursday, 29-Dec-2011, 19:20:26 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Quote (Shaheen)
However, now that people are beginning to meet one another more, I get the impression that there's more intermingling from club to club where they are near one another.

Thats the key i think...."they are near one another" quote ......... If you have a local club or group, then most people will not want to travel great distances to find other players.

Linking the clubs is a good idea, as when one club is found then hopefully some one looking for gamers can then find other clubs or groups closer to them.

Bloodbowl...we have quite a few well practiced players in our club. happy

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

ShaheenDate: Friday, 30-Dec-2011, 15:43:08 | Message # 7
Sergeant
Absoloutely - I'm willing to travel, mostly as part of the project if I'm honest, but also to play - and even I'm struggling to get out to the Edinburgh clubs not to mention your area. Getting there mind you...

One of the ideas of the website to bring gamers together would be a map of sorts where gamers can see at a glance what is in their area and who is doing what. More on that as and when we get the site up and running smile

I'm having a Bloodbowl resurgence and have just bought 3(!) new teams. Do you have a league? I'd love to pop down at some point and play at some point.
Message edited by Shaheen - Friday, 30-Dec-2011, 15:44:07

zellakDate: Friday, 30-Dec-2011, 21:26:16 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Quote (Shaheen)
More on that as and when we get the site up and running

Let us know when it is....so we can link to it. smile

Quote (Shaheen)
I'm having a Bloodbowl resurgence and have just bought 3(!) new teams. Do you have a league? I'd love to pop down at some point and play at some point.

Put a message on the main page (where we work out what is happening each week) if you want a game of BB.

Not everyone bothers with the forum, but most check out the main page.

p1fxDate: Saturday, 31-Dec-2011, 00:53:21 | Message # 9
Colonel
Hi Shaz mate, had not checked on here in ages so missed you signing up.

For others, Shaz is a great guy, very much into spreading the hobbies like myself and together we have a few projects on going to achieve this.

ShaheenDate: Sunday, 22-Apr-2012, 01:22:18 | Message # 10
Sergeant
Zellak, will do!

Phil, thanks very much! We have indeed - always scheming so we are :P

Added (22-Apr-2012, 0:22 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Update: We now have a number of useful resources for Scottish gamers, particularly regarding information on what's going on in Scotland. The facebook group Central Belt Pick-Up Gamers includes online resources of maps of gamer groups and gaming vendors and a gaming events calendar that aims to cover all of the upcoming events in Scotland, both found below:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps....n&gl=uk
https://www.google.com/calenda....n

The number of resources available to gamers is only going to increase as I work on them and other help me input their details in but ultimately I need your help to do that. I would be much obliged if you are on Facebook and signed up to Central Belt PUGs.
Thanks for reading smile

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Gamer from Lanarkshire (Intro)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024