Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Advice on cameras.
Advice on cameras.
zellakDate: Friday, 30-Sep-2011, 20:06:39 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
I dont own a camera, never have.

And i would like to buy one to take pictures of our games at the club. (without annoying Ross about borrowing a camera. smile )

So , having looked online at various websites.....i am lost....have not got a clue !!!

14 megapixel with a tripod ????? 16mp much better ???? flash ??? autofocus ??? wacko What do i need ????

Any advice ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Saturday, 01-Oct-2011, 15:35:21 | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Don't know much about them myself but my advice would be to go for a mid range, flash, zoom (funds permitting!). I think the rule is the more pixels the better the quality but they're all much the same so any well known make would be OK I'm guessing. That's how I did it and I have no complaints.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Saturday, 01-Oct-2011, 16:23:47 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Its the pixel thing that has me confused.

Some experts on the web say they are not that big a deal ???

Some experts say different ???? Do i need face identification ? (for taking pictures of miniatures ?)

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Sunday, 02-Oct-2011, 10:03:29 | Message # 4
Major general
Mornin folks

I have one at home that you can have, needs an sd card and some batteries will bring it in this morning.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Monday, 03-Oct-2011, 15:52:45 | Message # 5
Aun Va III
Hey Z ... did u pick up the digi camera from AlanB?

Generally, for what we use camera's for, and most people in everyday life (holiday snaps, weddings, etc) any model would do. Here's a perfect one from Argos ...

>>> Kodak Easyshare 12mp's

... for not to much monies ... $50. They all come with easy-to-use software for copying images from the camera to your computer and resizing tools so the images are not too big to upload to the website. Hope this helps.

Argos have a nice intro to Digi's ...

>>> http://www.argos.co.uk/static....022.htm

... which might help as well ... Walts

zellakDate: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011, 09:04:17 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
To Pavlov : Thanks again for the camera ! smile

To Balrog : Cheers for the info.

All i need now is a SD card and i can start experimenting with some miniatures.

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011, 09:27:08 | Message # 7
Aun Va III
Hey Z ... No worries! Best u download the camera's manual from the internet to make sure u get the right SD card type, which I always get from evilBay! ... Walts

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Advice on cameras.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024