Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Historical Discussions » Bolt Action a diffrent way
Bolt Action a diffrent way
pavlovDate: Monday, 06-May-2013, 11:29:11 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Member
Hi

I found this blog this might be a more satisfying way of playing as opposed to the tournament style play.

http://scrivsland.blogspot.co.uk/

Second article down.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Monday, 06-May-2013, 15:09:29 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Nice article. happy

The BA tourney style games i have seen or played in have all seemed satisfactory. smile

Though if i was to pick fault then i would complain about fighting battles where the only criteria was killing the enemy, and there are no objectives.

Objectives force players to attack more, rather than sit on their baselines, which for me, makes for a more dynamic game.

And also, the other problem is the ratio of infantry squads to support troops.

Most 750 point forces seem to be 1 Commander, 2 squads and 6 support units.

i would rather it was 1 Commander, 4 squads and 4 support units.

Would it be more historical ?

Does it matter ?..............imho it does.....but although i like the BA system, i dont like WWII enough to actually buy into it.

So you can take my opinion with a pinch of salt, as its those with painted armies that should have the final say.

And i'm just a part-timer BA player......................until they bring out a modern version. devil
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 06-May-2013, 15:10:57

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Monday, 06-May-2013, 19:04:54 | Message # 3
Major general
Hi

As a player who sat on the base line on Sunday I have to take that on the chin biggrin , I think we need to swing away from the points cost style games and move towards objective based games and campaign based scenarios we could also use more historical based orbat's (the lurker or lurkio as he shall now be called has suggested that), there are a few books and sites out on the interweb that should be able to provide something that we can use to run short campaign's.

I downloaded a free roster program and the bolt action files today and it was surprising how a 1500 point list looks when it's not split 50/50 i.e. 750/750, 5 sections and 5 support but that again is down to points cost and troop type .

How modern now,near future,far future, 28mm skirmish, technicals special forces etc etc etc, the troubles of Eastern Europe over the last two decades and in to the future have always been a great source of interest for me so would be very up for chechnya etc

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Monday, 06-May-2013, 20:04:26 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Points on the scoreboard for Lurkio !!! biggrin

Like to see a 1500 point game rather than 750/750....just to see how different it would look.

How Modern.....not sure.......Red Dawn 1970s / African Mercs 1960s / Banana Republic 1950s ????

Vietnam ???........... been there done that.

Falklands ???..........where i would have been if my life had gone to plan. mellow

Chechnya.......maybe a bit tooooo modern. ninja

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Monday, 06-May-2013, 20:47:59 | Message # 5
Major general
Hi

The Falklands......be grateful life never went to plan, much too close to home for comfort. plenty of sources for red dawn Africa 50/60's in fact the Africa would be fun mercs and militia special forces just like call of duty but in 28mm.

Alan

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Historical Discussions » Bolt Action a diffrent way
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024