Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Kings of War by Mantic » Kings of War by Mantic (A fast action wargame, played on a large scale battlefield!)
Kings of War by Mantic
BalrogDate: Sunday, 14-Oct-2012, 22:25:27 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hey Warmongers ... Here are some links to wet your appetite for the new Kings of War ...

Homepage >>> http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Kings-of-War.html

Forums >>> http://forum.manticblog.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Kings-of-War

FREE Rules >>> http://www.manticgames.com/Hobby/Gaming.html

... A fast action, mass battle miniatures wargame, using new rules created by esteemed author Alessio Cavatore! ... Walts

zellakDate: Monday, 15-Oct-2012, 16:15:18 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
A fast action wargame, played on a large scale battlefield!

I like your sub-heading Balrog....but is it still large scale if you use 15mm miniatures ? tongue

ps.... We played Zap! wrong on Sunday....it has Piercing 1 cry
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 15-Oct-2012, 16:37:22

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Monday, 14-Apr-2014, 21:30:22 | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Do you guys only play KoW with 15mm or do you play it in 28mm too? I am building a small 28mm army for the game at the moment and was wondering.

zellakDate: Monday, 14-Apr-2014, 22:16:59 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
There are about four people i can think of that have 28mm KoW armies.

I am currently restructuring my Beastman army to the new "Forces of Nature" army list.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Tuesday, 15-Apr-2014, 01:22:03 | Message # 5
Colonel
Oh can the forces of nature use beastmen? I have not seen their army list yet.

What armies do folk have currently?

zellakDate: Tuesday, 15-Apr-2014, 21:16:14 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
The Sylvan Kin can be represented by all kinds of things.
I will use beastmen as forest spirits become flesh.
(I was using my beastmen as Orcs.)

Quote p1fx ()
What armies do folk have currently?

Morgoth has Orcs & Goblins/ RmcN has Twilight Kin / Crusad3r has Elves .

Other people have 28mm Romans / Greeks / Vikings / Confrontation.....

Which army were you planning on building ?

We normally play about 1500 points

Added (15-Apr-2014, 8:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------
A link to a game i played with RmcN.

Showing my "Orcs" and his D&D miniatures Dwarves.

http://forum.manticblog.com/showthr....Dwarves

Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 15-Apr-2014, 21:13:10

p1fxDate: Tuesday, 15-Apr-2014, 23:23:19 | Message # 7
Colonel
Cool, will need to sign up in order to view the pics but good report.

I was going to do KoM using my empire stuff, but with what I have I think it may be better to keep them for wh fantasy, so I thought I would perhaps take a try at a goblin army. It also gives me a break from having to paint any more flesh. I was looking at building around 750 or 1000 points to begin with.

Added (15-Apr-2014, 10:23 PM)
It was kind of going to be undead tbh, but ended up becoming goblins.

zellakDate: Wednesday, 16-Apr-2014, 18:44:55 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
There is no problem with fielding Empire WHF models. you can use any minis you like. happy

KoM are Neutral, and Goblins are evil......you can field them all if you like as one army.

The only thing that is against the rules is if you have Good and Evil units on the same side.
( Even then, i'm sure it says in the rules you can do that with the opponents permission. )

You could throw in an Undead unit as well. wink

p1fxDate: Thursday, 17-Apr-2014, 00:06:45 | Message # 9
Colonel
Yeah allies as such could help flesh out my army a bit. The main reason why I was not using the Empire stuff for KOW is that it is mostly in odd numbered units, so for KoW I would not have many units really, would need to check again with the army list. Goblin wise I was gonna use some old GW ones plus the goblin army box from mantic, still leaves me short of hq's though but in total it should give me around 700 points of goblins. Bolt Action Russians was gonna be my next project, but KoW rules are free so that bumped them up the list a little.

Added (16-Apr-2014, 11:06 PM)
Damn, just did a recount and I may actually have about 1k of KoM with the Empire stuff. Really shouldn't have bothered with the Goblins then, ah well perhaps I can always sell them on sad

zellakDate: Thursday, 17-Apr-2014, 15:11:10 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Its always better to have more than xxxx points...it gives you more options for fielding armies against different types of opponents.

p1fxDate: Thursday, 17-Apr-2014, 15:17:50 | Message # 11
Colonel
Yeah that was my reasoning behind my 40k armies, just not wanting loads of stuff this time, may add to it later on though.

zellakDate: Thursday, 17-Apr-2014, 17:59:11 | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Where are you gaming these days....still at Largs Bus Stop TS ?

p1fxDate: Thursday, 17-Apr-2014, 19:15:44 | Message # 13
Colonel
Mostly just collecting and painting these days, if I game it's at a mates, GW or mostly on internet, don't get up to gw much what with costs. Not been gaming in the bus stop for years.

MorgothDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 09:36:01 | Message # 14
Major general
Group: Administrators
Don't forget that Kings of War is not about packing tons of models into a movement tray.

A lot of players have been creating diorama's to represent their units ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L1FqoR....t+2.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_y6W7ac....s06.jpg

http://www.hourofwolves.org/images/armies/undead/15_ghoulRegiment.jpg

http://www.blackbirdmedia.org/miniatu....nt5.jpg

http://www.hourofwolves.org/images/armies/undead/16_entireArmy.jpg

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums....-15.jpg

... so you could be creative and make a 2,000pts army with the help of some cool diorama's!

Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 16:42:21 | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Aye....its handy if you are a figure or two short of the total needed.....

just leave a gap in the ranks and make them look a bit disordered, or add a wee terrain piece. ( tree/rock/scrub )

Sorted. happy

p1fxDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 16:49:34 | Message # 16
Colonel
Yeah I had heard that some folk were sort of doing that, well it was undead players doing it as that was what I was going to get initially. Apparently they were doing it with the skeletons etc rising from the ground and were able to get a few units out of a box. Had not thought about leaving gaps etc but that could help bulk out a army quite a bit, that is helpful advice though (especially as I do not have a lot of goblins), cheers.

Incidentally do you think folk would object to an orc hero being used to represent a goblin one? As I lack any goblin heros. Perhaps it was raised by goblins as one of them? It would be using the goblin hero stats etc not and orcs, just the mini itself is not a goblin.

MorgothDate: Sunday, 20-Apr-2014, 21:33:53 | Message # 17
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote p1fx ()
Incidentally do you think folk would object to an orc hero being used to represent a goblin one? As I lack any goblin heros. Perhaps it was raised by goblins as one of them? It would be using the goblin hero stats etc not and orcs, just the mini itself is not a goblin.

As long as you declare what you are fielding, any model
proxy (with al least the same base size!) can be used,

Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 01:41:30 | Message # 18
Generalissimo
I concur ...as long as you pay the points cost ...and make it clear to your oppo.....

its all fair in love and war. !

p1fxDate: Friday, 09-May-2014, 17:13:14 | Message # 19
Colonel
I am not really a fan of using proxy's, but not got the mini's required so not a lot of choice, and at least they are reasonably similar.

Added (21-Apr-2014, 11:29 PM)
Just seen the army list's for the forces of nature, don't know how I missed it till now, interesting stuff esp gnomes. Looking forward to seeing the minis when they are out.

Added (29-Apr-2014, 2:49 PM)
May have semi sorted the goblin proxy issue for now.

Added (09-May-2014, 4:13 PM)
Hmm if I was to buy an Elf one player starter set for KoW I would end up with 800 points worth (using the 40 high elves I have) of elves for around £30, not too bad and quite tempting, would still need characters to push it to 1000 points though.

Or £25 quid would add 40 foot guard to the Kingdoms of men army.

Or I could get something to add to the Goblins, but I am unsure what to do with them at present and for some reason am just not feeling them.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Kings of War by Mantic » Kings of War by Mantic (A fast action wargame, played on a large scale battlefield!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024