Warhammer Fantasy RP - Forum

Main
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » Warhammer Fantasy RP (Anyone want play WHFRP?)
Warhammer Fantasy RP
mcbaleDate: Wednesday, 02-Jan-2013, 5:24 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Member
Hey guys, I'm looking to see how much interest I can get for a 2nd ED WHFRP Campaign either this weekend or in the near future?

MorgothDate: Wednesday, 02-Jan-2013, 9:02 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
I'd certainly be interested in a WHF RPG campaign, but know very little about the rules.

I'm guessing they will be easy enough to follow? ... Walts

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him ..."

mcbaleDate: Wednesday, 02-Jan-2013, 9:44 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Hey Walts have you ever tried the Dark Heresy rules by FFG? they are the precursor to that system, it is based around a D100 percentile system.

MorgothDate: Friday, 04-Jan-2013, 12:01 PM | Message # 4
Major general
FFG Rules? No, I've not tried them ether.

I'm not to bothered on what rules are used, I'm sure I'll pick things up as I go along ... it's another RPG after all, how difficult could it be to get killed! wink Let me know if u need me to make up the numbers, thanks.

If anyone knows of any (PDF/online) quickplay rules for WHF RPG, let me know and I'll browse through them ... Walts

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him ..."

RMcNDate: Friday, 04-Jan-2013, 8:20 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Wow it take me back some **** years.

I played GW WHF at uni - it was a good system. I thought better than the D&D.

If I remember you don't require to reduce monster hits down to 0. A critical and its all over!! For you as well as the bad guys.

I am sure it was the same system Mark used when, Aragorn and Jamie Swaffer first came to the club as a wee nipper, well at least only a few inches taller than me when he was in his midteens. I had a bounty hunter Dwarf, who advanced to an Assassin and became very deadly, and even very fast!! Borun Drund was his name. Aragorn went through a few characters on that series of campaigns, but his last was a Dwarf Smith. You should ask him we completed some good adventures together.

Ah good times ....

Not sure if I would have the time to play, wargames card seems full at the moment.

But good luck, I will keep my eye open on what you are up to.

zellakDate: Friday, 04-Jan-2013, 8:25 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Hi Jack,

if you are new to DMing, i would suggest you watch some of this guys vids on you-tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsXjyrbu2Kk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ZdShZit4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnqJihvwzcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPIWNbXzyzE

a lot of good information.....but there is no substitute for real experience. dry
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 04-Jan-2013, 8:31 PM

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

mcbaleDate: Saturday, 05-Jan-2013, 6:56 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Cheers for that Zellak, but I have been able to get quite a lot of experience recently at the Kilwinning club, I've been running WHFRP, Dark Heresy amongst other things for a while now, but thanks anyway.

It's the D100 system that Fantasy Flight Games uses for Dark Heresy, Deathwatch and Black Crusade and it is a great system, really simple to pick up and play.

MorgothDate: Saturday, 05-Jan-2013, 7:18 PM | Message # 8
Major general
I should really take a wander to the Kilwinning club one of these days.

I'm a bit of a bear and hide away in my cave till spring, but let me know what
days & time you guys meet at the bowling club so I can put it in my notebook
should I dare to venture out on a dark night! wink ... Walts

pavlovDate: Sunday, 06-Jan-2013, 2:10 AM | Message # 9
Major general
Hi

Cheers for that Zellak, but I have been able to get quite a lot of experience recently at the Kilwinning club, I've been running WHFRP, Dark Heresy amongst other things for a while now, but thanks anyway.

Whit dae u know old man biggrin

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Sunday, 06-Jan-2013, 1:37 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
(pavlov)
Whit dae u know old man
biggrin

Its a lot harder than it looks......you should try it. tongue

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » Warhammer Fantasy RP (Anyone want play WHFRP?)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017