Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » Warhammer Fantasy RP (Anyone want play WHFRP?)
Warhammer Fantasy RP
mcbaleDate: Wednesday, 02-Jan-2013, 17:24:02 | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Member
Hey guys, I'm looking to see how much interest I can get for a 2nd ED WHFRP Campaign either this weekend or in the near future?

MorgothDate: Wednesday, 02-Jan-2013, 21:02:08 | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
I'd certainly be interested in a WHF RPG campaign, but know very little about the rules.

I'm guessing they will be easy enough to follow? ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

mcbaleDate: Wednesday, 02-Jan-2013, 21:44:34 | Message # 3
Sergeant
Hey Walts have you ever tried the Dark Heresy rules by FFG? they are the precursor to that system, it is based around a D100 percentile system.

MorgothDate: Friday, 04-Jan-2013, 12:01:07 | Message # 4
Major general
FFG Rules? No, I've not tried them ether.

I'm not to bothered on what rules are used, I'm sure I'll pick things up as I go along ... it's another RPG after all, how difficult could it be to get killed! wink Let me know if u need me to make up the numbers, thanks.

If anyone knows of any (PDF/online) quickplay rules for WHF RPG, let me know and I'll browse through them ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

RMcNDate: Friday, 04-Jan-2013, 20:20:53 | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Wow it take me back some **** years.

I played GW WHF at uni - it was a good system. I thought better than the D&D.

If I remember you don't require to reduce monster hits down to 0. A critical and its all over!! For you as well as the bad guys.

I am sure it was the same system Mark used when, Aragorn and Jamie Swaffer first came to the club as a wee nipper, well at least only a few inches taller than me when he was in his midteens. I had a bounty hunter Dwarf, who advanced to an Assassin and became very deadly, and even very fast!! Borun Drund was his name. Aragorn went through a few characters on that series of campaigns, but his last was a Dwarf Smith. You should ask him we completed some good adventures together.

Ah good times ....

Not sure if I would have the time to play, wargames card seems full at the moment.

But good luck, I will keep my eye open on what you are up to.

zellakDate: Friday, 04-Jan-2013, 20:25:19 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Hi Jack,

if you are new to DMing, i would suggest you watch some of this guys vids on you-tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsXjyrbu2Kk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ZdShZit4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnqJihvwzcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPIWNbXzyzE

a lot of good information.....but there is no substitute for real experience. dry
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 04-Jan-2013, 20:31:42

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

mcbaleDate: Saturday, 05-Jan-2013, 18:56:35 | Message # 7
Sergeant
Cheers for that Zellak, but I have been able to get quite a lot of experience recently at the Kilwinning club, I've been running WHFRP, Dark Heresy amongst other things for a while now, but thanks anyway.

It's the D100 system that Fantasy Flight Games uses for Dark Heresy, Deathwatch and Black Crusade and it is a great system, really simple to pick up and play.

MorgothDate: Saturday, 05-Jan-2013, 19:18:57 | Message # 8
Major general
I should really take a wander to the Kilwinning club one of these days.

I'm a bit of a bear and hide away in my cave till spring, but let me know what
days & time you guys meet at the bowling club so I can put it in my notebook
should I dare to venture out on a dark night! wink ... Walts

pavlovDate: Sunday, 06-Jan-2013, 02:10:48 | Message # 9
Major general
Hi

Cheers for that Zellak, but I have been able to get quite a lot of experience recently at the Kilwinning club, I've been running WHFRP, Dark Heresy amongst other things for a while now, but thanks anyway.

Whit dae u know old man biggrin

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Sunday, 06-Jan-2013, 13:37:25 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
(pavlov)
Whit dae u know old man
biggrin

Its a lot harder than it looks......you should try it. tongue

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » Warhammer Fantasy RP (Anyone want play WHFRP?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024