RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » Flames of war
Flames of war
mcbaleDate: Friday, 07-Sep-2012, 14:37:42 | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Member
Does any one at the club play flames of war?

zellakDate: Friday, 07-Sep-2012, 22:18:09 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Dont think so.

Alan B has some.... in his "to do" box. tongue

But there are a number of people building 20mm WW2 armies at the moment. (FoW is 15mm)

20mm is 1/72nd scale, so you can use model kits (like Airfix etc,etc)

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

mcbaleDate: Friday, 07-Sep-2012, 22:30:50 | Message # 3
Sergeant
Cheers Zellak, I only ask as I played a game down at the bus stop toy shop in Largs and really enjoyed the system and I was thinking about doing a british force if anyone else at the club played.

pavlovDate: Saturday, 08-Sep-2012, 10:12:58 | Message # 4
Major general
Hi

I've never played and dont see myself ever playing the fow rules, I collected the books and rules for some time and have some large armies (paiting the russians put me off painting for nearly 18 months). The rules are based on 40k as Phil Yates is ex evil empire and battle front use the same maketing ploys as gw to get players to buy more stuff i.e american long tom artillery can be used on the table as part of your army list when it should be off table like all artillery, that being said the new box set is exceptional value and all plastic.

I think the reason that most folk in the club have 20mm is that they have played other sytems over the years and 15mm was not as established as 20mm at that point in time that's not the case now, anyway it's cheaper to play I aint been shot mum in any scale and they are also better set of rules than fow in fact there are many better sets of rules for ww2 than fow.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » Flames of war
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024