Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » moving to scotland (maybe greenock) looking to join a club (newbie)
moving to scotland (maybe greenock) looking to join a club
OrricDate: Monday, 09-Jul-2012, 22:30:15 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Confirmed
hey guys.

I'm moving to Scotland in Sept for work. Not 100% sure where I'll be living but leaning towards the Greenock area. A google of gaming clubs in the area threw this site up.

I play warmachine and hordes as well as 40k WFB, necromunda blood bowl etc.

so thought I would say hi and introduce myself and if you could give me more info about the club ie where & when you meet what systems you play that would be great.

Orric

CRUSAD3RDate: Tuesday, 10-Jul-2012, 19:09:16 | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Member
Hi Orric,

On behalf of all of us here at NAWGC I would like to give a warm pre-joining welcome. At the club we play many games, if you want to know specifics as I guess you do, then head to the main page and look at Club Info link. It Details some of the the games we play but not all as we have so many members that can play so many games that we just can't keep up with the demand to update. Or is it the lazy Admin? Shhh, don't be so silly! wink Also it has where we are and when we meet and I'm sure somewhere along those links is a google map showing you where we are. As for the games you have said that you play, Warmachine is picking up speed as well as WFB. 40k is always popular and last year we had a bloodbowl tournie frenzy where we pretty much played Bloodbowl for the majority of the year. We even have our own rule system called the 120 system that basically combines all our favourite rules over the past books but we also have loads of club bloodbowl teams that you can turn up on the day and play with any team that we have plus did I mention the custom built boards! Necromunda has died but the figures are used for other sci-fi rule systems but I'm sure of you ask around then someone will defininately give you a game. Hordes normally gets dug out at Christmas time when hardly anyone is around. Our games range from ancients-ACW-WW-Sci-fi/fantasy.

We have plentiful amounts of terrain. We have so much stuff in fact that we had to buy another cupboard and two filing cabinets! Your first visit to the club is free so you can 'try before you buy' sort fo thing. The guys at the club are always willing to have a chat so if you just want to come in for a chat on your first visit then be our guest, the members are always wanting to flaunt their knowledge.

If their is anything that I have missed then post some new questions and either me or someone else will answer them. Hope I was helpful Thanks...

Cruz (Rory)

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

CheDate: Tuesday, 10-Jul-2012, 19:39:09 | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Good man Crusad3r, have some rep on me cool

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

OrricDate: Wednesday, 11-Jul-2012, 20:43:12 | Message # 4
Private
Group: Confirmed
quite the welcome cheers Rory smile

I guess I'll scour the web page, my google-fu led me straight to the forum smile

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 11-Jul-2012, 22:03:36 | Message # 5
Aun Va III
Hi Orric,

As Cruz says, take a look across our forums and various pages to see what we play. There's a lot of guys come and go all the time looking for players of all types of games, and the one's u like are def popular, so u should fit right in! I'm working through painting a new WHF Orc's & Goblins army at the mo, so I'll be up for a barney when I get back to the club. I've also just got into WarMachine and luv the fact that the models are slightly larger & easier to paint, so that's another game we can meet at. But, both these games are already being played by players who go to the club every week, so feel free to drop in anytime.

Here's the homepage where we normally leave posts about what we would like to play in the coming Sundays ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/

... and here's the "Arranging Games" forum for planning ahead ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/forum/29

... Feel free to post about the shop to attract some attention!

All the best ... Walts

RMcNDate: Friday, 13-Jul-2012, 10:18:14 | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Hello Orric,

We have links and close ties to other local clubs across Scotland. You will find the West coast has more wargames clubs than the East coast. Glasgow has several. There is also a big Wargames Convention the first Sat of August in Edinburgh called Claymore. When do you move to Scotland?

So look forward to seeing you.

Ross

mcbaleDate: Saturday, 14-Jul-2012, 13:14:09 | Message # 7
Sergeant
Hey Orric

As Rory as already said we have a large following for 40k and WFB, there are also several people who have recently taken up Warmachine, I personally play Menoth.
Also I would be interested in playing Necromunda if you're looking for a game, you'd have to be patient as I've only played once before but I'm for playing anything.

Jack

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » moving to scotland (maybe greenock) looking to join a club (newbie)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024