Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Frostbite Sectors » South Prospecting Base ; Red Fields BF.
South Prospecting Base ; Red Fields BF.
zellakDate: Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 22:07:58 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Having played this scenario a number of times as both attacker and defender.

i would suggest controlling the Radio Station garners 4 VP/round instead of 5 VP/round in Phase 2.

This should extend the game to 5 rounds instead of 4, giving the attacker more time to reach the objective.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Sunday, 11-Mar-2012, 20:25:07 | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
This sounds like a good, forward looking, revolutionary idea. Once again collectivist thought brings a new perspective to life as we know it. yahoo

Added (11-Mar-2012, 7:25 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Not that I'm biased wink

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

BanksiDate: Sunday, 11-Mar-2012, 23:12:02 | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Administrators
I've had a quick look at the map, where exactly is the Radio station? All I see is a yellow box with "Poste" on it

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Monday, 12-Mar-2012, 11:03:24 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
I've had a quick look at the map, where exactly is the Radio station? All I see is a yellow box with "Poste" on it.

Thats it.

Its a long way from the access edges.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Tuesday, 13-Mar-2012, 18:14:22 | Message # 5
Major general
Whats the number of moves required with a charging afv?

zellakDate: Wednesday, 14-Mar-2012, 00:00:13 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
Whats the number of moves required with a charging afv?

Sorry...i dont follow you ????

BanksiDate: Wednesday, 14-Mar-2012, 20:50:08 | Message # 7
Major general
How many moves for a charging afv to get to the radio station? or a transport with a squad in it?

My point is how many points or rounds will the defender get before the attacker has an opportunity to take the station?

zellakDate: Thursday, 15-Mar-2012, 10:29:25 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Theoretically the Therians in transports can do it in one move. (If you dont have to fight anybody. LOL)

A running UNA /RB force from the West, cannot do it at all in 4 moves, they would need 5.

A running Karman unit (North edge) would need 4 moves, just, so if the front rank were shot down would be unable to prevent a defender win.

i have captured the base as the Therians using transports....it took me 5 rounds to get there.
As i had to fight multiple close assaults, remember if an enemy engages you, then you can only make a half speed combat move to disengage.
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 15-Mar-2012, 10:30:39

BanksiDate: Thursday, 15-Mar-2012, 17:17:41 | Message # 9
Major general
So it looks like transports are required to achieve this objective within a reasonable time frame and could be achieved if played with the vp remaining at 5.

but this is only if you use transports to rush the place!

zellakDate: Friday, 16-Mar-2012, 10:17:49 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
So it looks like transports are required to achieve this objective within a reasonable time frame and could be achieved if played with the vp remaining at 5.

Yes.

It is very tight. Perhaps it could be done ?

I had a transport and could (theoretically) have done it in one round, if the enemy didn't try to stop me...

But it took me 5 rounds, and the Therian access zone is the closest, and it was only two players.

Remember 3 or 4 players are possible, putting a lot more firepower on the table to destroy transports.

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Frostbite Sectors » South Prospecting Base ; Red Fields BF.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024