Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » AT-43 Forum Whats it for!! (I want to debate daily not once per week/month /year)
AT-43 Forum Whats it for!!
BanksiDate: Saturday, 12-Nov-2011, 01:59:06 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Administrators
I think we are losing the plot a little with all these great meeting, debate issues.

Multiple PM's, E-mails , secret agendas and the like.

I'm fed up with it. I like the debate on the forum but the end result is never easy to get too.

so banning debate here is Pants... Whats the point of having the forum if we cant debate.

I have a suggestion, perhaps 2 or even 3

1. Resume debate on this forum, get to a conclusion then have a method of deciding the outcome, perhaps e-mail voting or 2 minute club meeting to decide/vote (note Vote not debate).

2. Ban PM's they bug my T..s, I get a message via e-mail that I've got a PM and cant access it until I get home... even bigger Pants!!! E-mail a proven method that has worked since the 486sx25 chip

3.As one of our members has already pointed out if we debate here it stays here, Fine ask questions on other forums but leave this forum and what happens at our club out of it.

4. Time for others to add comments!!!
Message edited by Banksi - Saturday, 12-Nov-2011, 02:08:34

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Saturday, 12-Nov-2011, 17:26:27 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
1) There is a vote on Sunday to allow forum debates on rules again.....sorted.

2) I hate getting information PMs as well.

3) I also agree with you and GwaG, what happens at our club should not be posted on other forums.

4) Forum polls should not be used to decide results....people from outside the club can vote on issues....NO WAY THAT SHOULD HAPPEN !

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Saturday, 12-Nov-2011, 23:23:09 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... Here's my 2 rubles worth ...

1] There is a vote on Sunday ... I agree with Banksi's in some parts. Keep the forums open to all who want to participate on any & all issues, but Face-2-Face should be used to decide ALL issues, judgements on new & old rules, etc. That stops "outsiders" sticking their oar in! Like z said, polls are def a NO-NO, as any Tom-Dick-Or-Harry (no offence our Tom!) can vote and we want to have only club members have a say.

2] Soz guys, I never picked the NAWGC website platform. To say it's extremely limited in what it can do is an understatement. There's no way to trim PM's ... all-for-one-and-one-for-all, I'm afraid. "Suck it up" seems to be the current phrase of the day, soz, but we've got to make do with what we have.

(Personally, as it's all free, I think the NAWGC site is brilliant! IT's FREE ... luv it!!!!)

3] TOTALLY DISAGREE! If I hadn't went to another forum and posted details about my battle at the Tarmac Spaceport, and asked questions about unit compositions, Therian routines and general gameplay at the other forums, I would never have discovered z's hiccup. The fact that z had been playing the same way for the previous FOUR WEEKS of Phase I and nobody else noticed proves that we're not 100% rule savvy and only looking to other forums and websites can we hope to get a better knowledge of the game, especially as the other players have first hand experiance with Rackham before they crashed & burned!

Obviously, players can ignore the advice of more seasoned AT-43 players if they want, and that's where the face-2-face meetings come into their own ... all decisions are club decisions, regardless of where the advice comes from. The phrase "learn from ur mistakes" should be considered and not seen as a smite against anyone who makes a genuine mistake ... look at all the doo-dah's I've done, and plan to do in the future!

Walts "The Ranter!"

BanksiDate: Sunday, 13-Nov-2011, 01:41:34 | Message # 4
Major general
Quote (Balrog)
2] Soz guys, I never picked the NAWGC website platform. To say it's extremely limited in what it can do is an understatement. There's no way to trim PM's ... all-for-one-and-one-for-all, I'm afraid. "Suck it up" seems to be the current phrase of the day, soz, but we've got to make do with what we have.

Sorry the best way to trim the PM's is not use them at all, they are very annoying and a poor method of communication... please don't send me any more, My e-mail is on the club info e-mail if you need to speak to me.

BalrogDate: Sunday, 13-Nov-2011, 07:10:52 | Message # 5
Aun Va III
Quote (Banksi)
Sorry the best way to trim the PM's is not use them at all, they are very annoying and a poor method of communication... please don't send me any more, My e-mail is on the club info e-mail if you need to speak to me.

Hi Banksi (& Other Clubbers) ... shok Some good news at last! shok ... there is a way to stop receiving all the NAWGC PM's. It's not ideal as it causes problems elsewhere in the forums, blogs, uploads, etc ... everything else to do with the website ... but it will stop those annoying PM's! biggrin

All you will have to do is report any access problems you have when I move u too the new group and I'll sort ASAP. We (me & Gordy "Top Mod") did this for zellak some time ago as he's now in a group know as "Drow Master". I'll ask Gordy to set it up and add me as an Administrator to keep track of any problemo's players in the new group have. Watch this space!!! biggrin

By changing your profile from the Group: "Member" to somehing else ... say "Give Me Peace!" ... you will be excluded from ALL PM's that come via the "Mass PM" feature that circulate now & again. Let me know if u want to get into this group for some peace & quite! ... Walts

BanksiDate: Sunday, 13-Nov-2011, 22:11:40 | Message # 6
Major general
Hi Walts,

I found another way, it's in profile/ user options, You just untick receive e-mail for PM's

BalrogDate: Sunday, 13-Nov-2011, 22:36:26 | Message # 7
Aun Va III
Quote (Banksi)
Hi Walts,

I found another way, it's in profile/ user options, You just untick receive e-mail for PM's

Top man Banksi! ... that's something new that I didn't know! Hopefully, any other players who can't stand the PM's they get can use as well ... BUT, please don't shout at me if it doesn't work for Mass PM's, these forums can be a bit funny sometimes!? wink

Let me know when ur about one night and we can test it if u want? ... Walts.

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » AT-43 Forum Whats it for!! (I want to debate daily not once per week/month /year)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024