Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » 4' x 4' game 20 / 01 / 13
4' x 4' game 20 / 01 / 13
zellakDate: Sunday, 20-Jan-2013, 23:01:50 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
WooHoo !  .....1000 posts.  biggrin

Two games played today. 

Both sides deployed 8 TP each, and two objectives, both players were limited to 2 secondary objectives each.

Rolled for random entry edge for one side, the opponent using the opposite edge.

Played 6 turns, highest scoring VP total for the win.

We deployed 30 cm in from the edge, as each unit activated....this worked really well.  smile

The new grenade rule was  also tested today and caused no problems. (It was agreed that grenades could not fire on overwatch)

So what needs changed ?   Not much.....but....

With both players placing 4 containers each = 8 containers @ 100 RP a turn.

Over 6 turns that would be 4800 RP a game.

Might be too much if we run a campaign ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

NemesisDate: Monday, 21-Jan-2013, 15:52:05 | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Hi Shug,

Ya saddo --- lol

two good games -- both fun -- thanks for the day

might be an idea to test also starting up at 20cm and 10cm from edge --- see how that would affect game play --- just an idea.

If both players place 4 containers -- or RP generator of their choice -- yes, the total RP at the end of 6 turns is going to be 4800 points --- BUT and it's a big but ( wink ) no one player would gain ALL those points unless they capture all of the generators on turn One and hold them for all 6 turns. I don't think that will happen unless both players stack them all in the one small area and the other player says "fine, do that!"and in a campaign that may raise some eyebrows!!   Also there are no capture points -- which should have added yet another 100 per unit and the cost of replacing a lost company --- 3000 points --- would still be hard to achieve even with the 8 RP generators. I don't think it's too much -- shok -- especially if you have to replace losses to the company you've just used as well as paying for units that have been bought but you need to capture RP to bring on!!

Do you get those points back in a campaign by the way ??

Sorry, but I'm quite happy to keep the number of generators as it is just now at 8 and that number would only be if both players use 2 of their 8 Terrain Point choices.

zellakDate: Wednesday, 23-Jan-2013, 00:07:21 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Quote (Nemesis)
If both players place 4 containers -- or RP generator of their choice -- yes, the total RP at the end of 6 turns is going to be 4800 points --- BUT and it's a big but ( ) no one player would gain ALL those points unless they capture all of the generators on turn One and hold them for all 6 turns. I don't think that will happen unless both players stack them all in the one small area and the other player says "fine, do that!"and in a campaign that may raise some eyebrows!!   Also there are no capture points -- which should have added yet another 100 per unit and the cost of replacing a lost company --- 3000 points --- would still be hard to achieve even with the 8 RP generators. I don't think it's too much -- -- especially if you have to replace losses to the company you've just used as well as paying for units that have been bought but you need to capture RP to bring on!!

All good points, i could be agonising over nothing.  surprised

"Do you get those points back in a campaign by the way ??"  quote Nemesis

Not sure i follow you ???

Any RP not used would be turned into MP to buy replacement units or special Campaign abilities.
Message edited by zellak - Wednesday, 23-Jan-2013, 00:09:31

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Wednesday, 23-Jan-2013, 10:33:24 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Thought I needed clarification on some points but I re-read the posts carefully and now I understand. wink
Message edited by Che - Wednesday, 23-Jan-2013, 10:39:12

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » 4' x 4' game 20 / 01 / 13
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024