Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 4' x 4'
AT-43 4' x 4'
BanksiDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 20:18:39 | Message # 21
Major general
Group: Administrators

1. Games are played on a 4 ft x 4ft table. 12 pieces of terrain are chosen - 6 to each player
2. Both roll a D6 - winner chooses first and places then the looser until all 12 pieces are placed.
3. Terrain choices vary according to planet type - Jungle, Normal & Desert. Roll D6 - 1/2 Jungle, 3/4 Norm, 5/6 Desert

Types of battles/ objectives 3 types of battles -
Fixed objectives,
Kill objectives,
Control

Fixed objectives - The winner gets 3 and the loser gets two. These are placed on the table with at least 20cm between them.
3 VP for each objective controlled...30 VP to win.

Kill objectives - Knock out or get a unit below morale check amount and/ or 50% of troops. Type 1 - 2vp, Type 2 - 4 vp & Type 3 - 6vp.
Winner has the most points after 4 rounds - points can be scored twice against 1 unit if 50%/ Morale and total knockout happen on separate rounds.

Control - The last unit to control or go through an empty terrain piece controls it,
Each terrain piece gives 0.5vp, Winner has most after 4 rounds.
Only one unit from each side can control a terrain piece at a time

Message edited by Banksi - Friday, 18-May-2012, 20:24:01

zellakDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 20:27:00 | Message # 22
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Quote (Banksi)
Kill objectives - Knock out or get a unit below morale check amount. Type 1 - 2vp, Type 2 - 4 vp & Type 3 - 6vp.
Winner has the most points after 4 rounds

Is this from Confrontation ?

I would have thought ; Type 1 = 1 VP / Type 2 = 3 VP / Type 3 = 6 VP... might have enticed people more towards rank and file units.

Just a thought wacko ...try it your way first. happy

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 20:28:19 | Message # 23
Lieutenant general
Quote (gerrywithaG)
For Example . A jungle planet/ A Hive / Dessert sector

Would that mean the latter consists of custard swamps and ice cram mountains wacko Sorry couldn't resist exploiting the spelling mistake wink I'll shut up now as you guys seem to be on a roll. cool

Hoist on my own petard tongue That should be ice cream, of course
Message edited by Che - Friday, 18-May-2012, 20:29:57

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

BanksiDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 20:50:53 | Message # 24
Major general
Quote (Che)
Would that mean the latter consists of custard swamps and ice cram mountains

Someone must have been pie eyed!!!

Added (18-May-2012, 8:50 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (zellak)

Is this from Confrontation ?

I stole the idea, in Confrontation it's elixir points not VP's, The Elixirs are used during the game.

But Yes, The points match the types.
Message edited by Banksi - Friday, 18-May-2012, 20:51:14

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

gerrywithaGDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 21:36:07 | Message # 25
Major general
Group: Confirmed
biggrin
Quote (Banksi)
Rather than go for total Flexibity, why dont we keep it to 3 planet terrains and 3 win scenarios.

then we can see how it works out.

Nice work Banksi!!!!

Seems sensible to start small and then expand upon it once we find out if it works

Cheers

Gerry

Added (18-May-2012, 9:36 PM)
Quote (Che)
ice cram mountains

People in glass houses and all that jazz..... biggrin :D biggrin

Cheers

Gerry

Oh and the ice cream mountains are only for games in arctic conditions biggrin tongue biggrin
Message edited by gerrywithaG - Friday, 18-May-2012, 21:41:10

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BanksiDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 21:43:25 | Message # 26
Major general
Quote (gerrywithaG)

Nice work Banksi!!!!

Sorry, not taking all the blame, it's a joint effort... Zellak was the instigator so should get as much credit.

pavlovDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 21:45:09 | Message # 27
Major general
Hi

If we have ice cream mountains are sprinkles and 99's classed a difficult terrain and should gelato be looked up in the italian version of at43. biggrin

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BanksiDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 21:49:27 | Message # 28
Major general
Quote (pavlov)
should gelato be looked up in the italian version of at43.

Or Helado in Spanish

But neither Spain or Italy can afford ice cream atm.

gerrywithaGDate: Friday, 18-May-2012, 22:17:39 | Message # 29
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Quote (Banksi)
Quote (gerrywithaG)

Nice work Banksi!!!!

Sorry, not taking all the blame, it's a joint effort... Zellak was the instigator so should get as much credit.

Oops!!! Well Done zellak too biggrin biggrin biggrin

Quote (Banksi)
Or Helado in Spanish

But neither Spain or Italy can afford ice cream atm.

This is all Greek to me!!!!!!! biggrin tongue biggrin

Cheers

Gerry

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BalrogDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 10:30:39 | Message # 30
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Playing on a 4' x 4' area. 2 player game. 5 objectives . 3000 AP (2250 AP / 750 AP split)

As another suggestion: As u guys have all been building up ur armies, wouldn't it be a good idea to be able to field larger armies? Say 4, 5 or 6,000pts, that way u might get to play a full day at the club, rather than the old Frostbite 2 or 3 hours? Would be pretty impressive to see a couple of Type III's stomping about!

Might need everyone to declare what size/points they have as armies, but u could have four players with mixed armies as well? ... Walts
Message edited by Balrog - Saturday, 19-May-2012, 17:02:02

zellakDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 14:36:08 | Message # 31
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
wouldn't it be a good idea to be able to field larger armies? ..........u could have four players with mixed armies as well? ... Walts

All my suggestions are just that.

suggestions

Read my post again, in particular the line below the one you quoted.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

NemesisDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 16:26:34 | Message # 32
Lieutenant
Have read the previous posts --- Like the Idea of 6 pieces of terrain each and I Would like to offer a couple of Suggestions

Terrain:
3 walls (low) = 1 Terrain Piece (TP)
2 walls (high) = 1 TP
1 MAP TILE (from either set) = 1 TP ---- this would give us some sort of wall system
1 Container = 1 TP ---- MAX of 8 on field ---- 50 pts for CAPTURE & 100 pts for CONTROL
1 Crystal = 1 TP ---- MAX of 4 on field ---- 50 pts for CAPTURE & 100 pts for CONTROL
1 Nanogenerator = 1 TP ---- MAX of 6 on field ---- 50 pts for CAPTURE & 100 pts for CONTROL
1 Bunker (unless BOUGHT with AP) = 2 TPs
1 Forest Area = 2 TPs --- COVER Saves on 3+ --- movement over terrain is halved
1 Swamp = 2 TPs --- AFVs CANNOT cross --- INFANTRY (all types) gain 3+ COVER Saves --- movement is halved
1 Building =1 TP ---- COVER Saves of 5+ unless given "Take Cover" then becomes 3+ --- ARMOUR VALUE = 10 --- 2 "body" & 1 "roof" --- If Destroyed any unit inside uses "DODGE RULE" to escape ie a 5+

I know that I am "suggesting" rules again, but think that we should be able to accommodate them given that I am trying to keep them simple biggrin

I would also like to suggest that placement of the pieces be a minimum of 20 cm in from "any" edge of the battlefield

Cheers

Mark

Note ----- I have NOT differentiated between Crystals, generators and containers --- if you capture/control it You get the AP
Message edited by Nemesis - Saturday, 19-May-2012, 16:29:12

BanksiDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 17:04:40 | Message # 33
Major general
Quote (Nemesis)
I know that I am "suggesting" rules again, but think that we should be able to accommodate them given that I am trying to keep them simple

Thanks for the input Mark, We hadn't gotten to the rules for terrain stage,

I think we were just going to use the bog standard rules from Frostbite where they were needed.

Since the 3 scenarios all have different types of objectives.

As always simple is best, so nothing too complex is better.

Cover is cover is probably the best rule.

Quote (Nemesis)
I would also like to suggest that placement of the pieces be a minimum of 20 cm in from "any" edge of the battlefield

This would be hard as with 12 terrain pieces on a 4 x 4 area and 4 empty sections... Area piece terrain area is 12" x12"

another point is that in placing the terrain it's your choice and can help you tactically or effect your opponent, it adds another twist to the battle, not only are you fighting the enemy but also the terrain.
Message edited by Banksi - Saturday, 19-May-2012, 17:10:02

BalrogDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 17:07:02 | Message # 34
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
All my suggestions are just that.

suggestions

Read my post again, in particular the line below the one you quoted.

Soz z ... should have added "As a suggestion" as well to my previous post, as it could have been a bit confusing. I've edited that previous post to highlight that it was only a suggestion as well. Hope that clears up the misunderstanding? ... Walts

BanksiDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 18:04:10 | Message # 35
Major general
Quote (Nemesis)
1 Container = 1 TP ---- MAX of 8 on field ---- 50 pts for CAPTURE & 100 pts for CONTROL
1 Crystal = 1 TP ---- MAX of 4 on field ---- 50 pts for CAPTURE & 100 pts for CONTROL
1 Nanogenerator = 1 TP ---- MAX of 6 on field ---- 50 pts for CAPTURE & 100 pts for CONTROL

My reason for making multiple containers, crystals and nano generators was for cover rather than points.

We could just make controlling A terrain piece give you rp's not something for each piece on it. So even if there was 5 containers you only get 50rp & 100rp.

Added (19-May-2012, 6:04 PM)
Quote (Nemesis)
1 Bunker (unless BOUGHT with AP) = 2 TPs

Since both sides get to chose 1 each, I suggest sticking to 1tp, by making it 2tp you make the number of empty areas greater.

In fact any terrain piece that has a 2tp value would open up the area and lessen the cover.

For example if you chose a swamp and bunker at 2tp each, you would be left with 2 tp to play with, there could then be 4 open areas on your side and 2 on your opponents.

Less cover for you and your army!!

Remember each terrain area is 12" x 12" so missing 1 piece creates a huge gap
Message edited by Banksi - Saturday, 19-May-2012, 18:19:57

zellakDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 20:47:59 | Message # 36
Generalissimo
Quote (Nemesis)
1 Forest Area = 2 TPs --- COVER Saves on 3+ --- movement over terrain is halved
1 Swamp = 2 TPs --- AFVs CANNOT cross --- INFANTRY (all types) gain 3+ COVER Saves --- movement is halved
1 Building =1 TP ---- COVER Saves of 5+ unless given "Take Cover" then becomes 3+ --- ARMOUR VALUE = 10 --- 2 "body" & 1 "roof" --- If Destroyed any unit inside uses "DODGE RULE" to escape ie a 5+

I know that I am "suggesting" rules again, but think that we should be able to accommodate them given that I am trying to keep them simple

Sorry, but i dont think three different sets of rules for area terrain is a great idea.

Could we not have one rule for all ??????

5+ cover save / 3+ when using take cover drill ? (basic rules / easy to remember)

AFV cannot enter any of them.

No rush moves through area terrain.

Buildings are secured.

?????????????????????????????????????

Like Banksi says....a 4' x 4' area is big.

Your suggestion halves the number of terrain pieces. surprised

Its a game that needs a lot of cover.

I really do like your suggestion about a minimum distance for terrain pieces from the edge of the table. smile

Though 20 cm might be to much ?????? not sure ?????

Would prefer to see what the table looks like before backing one idea or the other !!!

BanksiDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 20:52:08 | Message # 37
Major general
I like the way we are building up a picture of how it is all gonna work.

team work at it's best
biggrin

zellakDate: Saturday, 19-May-2012, 20:52:27 | Message # 38
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
For example if you chose a swamp and bunker at 2tp each, you would be left with 2 tp to play with, there could then be 4 open areas on your side and 2 on your opponents.

Less cover for you and your army!!

Of course as the loser would pick the entry edge.....who knows which edge will be belong to who ???

The winner gets to place 1 more objective than the loser.

NemesisDate: Monday, 21-May-2012, 06:13:40 | Message # 39
Lieutenant
Hi Folks,
back online after PC went U/S on Sunday morning ---- yeehah

Why not increase the number of points to 16 each --- this would give you flexibility to choose large area terrain pieces ( like swamps and forests) and small defensive walls or AP generating pieces (such as containers, etc.).

Quote (Banksi)
In fact any terrain piece that has a 2tp value would open up the area and lessen the cover.

These terrain mats for swamp and forest are about 4 times the size of a container so I think they would be aiding the player placing them for in effect 1/2 the cost --- hence the reason for 2 TP

Quote (zellak)
Could we not have one rule for all ??????
5+ cover save / 3+ when using take cover drill ? (basic rules / easy to remember)
AFV cannot enter any of them.

Idea was to give AFVs access to some cover in the form of trees and bushes but not be hip deep in a swamp unlike INFANTRY who can use all types of terrain for cover and gain the benefits from trying to hide.

Quote (zellak)
No rush moves through area terrain.

Liked this rule biggrin

Quote (zellak)
Buildings are secured.

Does that mean indestructible --- would basically mean any building becomes a bunker without the option of blowing it apart

zellakDate: Monday, 21-May-2012, 09:38:22 | Message # 40
Generalissimo
Quote (Nemesis)
Does that mean indestructible --- would basically mean any building becomes a bunker without the option of blowing it apart

Thats just the way i would prefer the rules. <<<<<<shrugs>>>>>>>

The Robogear buildings are large and appear of very solid construction.

Looks a full days work for a combat engineer rigging it to blow. tongue

Quote (Nemesis)
Why not increase the number of points to 16 each --- this would give you flexibility to choose large area terrain pieces ( like swamps and forests) and small defensive walls or AP generating pieces (such as containers, etc.).

That would put 32 terrain pieces on the table .....if using Banksi 16 areas of 1' x 1' square....would mean a 2 TP on each area !!!!

Or if using my suggestion of 3 TP per table quarter ...would change to 8 TP (or 4 double size TP) per quarter !!!!

Covering the entire table.

Is that what you had in mind ?

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 4' x 4'
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024