Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » UMPIRE RULES QUERY CAPTAIN NEWTON (FEEDBACK REQUIRED)
UMPIRE RULES QUERY CAPTAIN NEWTON
gerrywithaGDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 22:08:34 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Hi Gents,

Should the "Repair" Bonus that Captain Newton has be able to be Stacked with the Faction advantage of " Repair" that the UNA M.I.N.D. Faction has?

I.E. Newton would be able to repair 2 Points of damage instaed of 1 point

Cheers

Da'Umpire

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BalrogDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 22:18:30 | Message # 2
Aun Va III
Group: Member
No ... as explained in the Rackham FAQ's ...

Q.UNA-08: Does Captain H. Newton’s “Repair” ability stack with the M.Ind “Repair” ability? That is, can Capt.
    Newton repair two SP of damage per turn?

A.UNA-08: No, sorry.

Q.UNA-14: Morningstar advantage is that officers get either the ‘Repair’ or the ‘First Aid’ abilities. Does this rule
    apply to regular heroes (Borz, Newton and Stark, and the upcoming Epstone) as well?

A. UNA-14: Yes, but abilities will not stack (Newton could not have double repair, but could have repair/medic)
... REMEMBER, I'm playing the UNA! ... Walts

pavlovDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 22:19:01 | Message # 3
Major general
Hi

Newton as a hero has no real advantage if she can't use "stack" with the mind faction and before anyone use the "it's in the rackham faq" the rackham faq is mince with regards to this and they were ridiculed on there own website for this call.

It's not a game breaker and UNA need a leg up as it looks like most player's take the hero's for authority point's.

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 22:37:44

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

gerrywithaGDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 22:25:17 | Message # 4
Major general
HEY GENTS.

LET'S GET THIS SORTED ONCE AND FOR ALL. I ASKED FOR FEEDBACK FROM OUR PLAYERS AND OUR PLAYERS ONLY!!!!!NOT WHAT IS POSTED ON ANOTHER WEBSITE OR IS A FAQ ELSEWHERE. THESE ARE THE RULES THAT WILL BE PLAYED IN OUR CAMPAIGN

I ASKED FOR ONE POST FROM EACH OF OUR PLAYERS WITH THEIR THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ONCE I HAVE FEEDBACK FROM OUR PLAYERS I WILL MAKE A DECISION.

DOES EVERYBODY UNDERSTAND THIS?????? I'M FED UP REPEATING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DA'Umpire

ZealyotDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 22:46:52 | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Hey everybody, finally pitching in my say on one of the rules queries

looking at the rules for both Captain Newton and the M.Ind faction i believe that they should be able to stack for 2 reasons:

1. M.Ind lose the battle if all of their AFV's are destroyed which depending on the size and type of game being played could be a very quick win for the opponent

2. Captain Newton is a character which in its own right would make her a prime target for enemy fire but on most occasions would probably be mounted in her fire toad "Number One" which due to M.Ind's drawback (my first point) paints an even larger bullseye on her forehead

without the ability being able to stack there really isn't much point in M.Ind taking Newton in the first place.

Thats my mini rant/argument/reasoning done with tongue

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

BalrogDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 23:14:38 | Message # 6
Aun Va III
... ... opps, soz Gerry! ... ... Banksi was right, I "post' to much! surprised ... next time I'll just put "No" and leave it at that, honest! ... Walts "The Poster Boy!"

zellakDate: Friday, 17-Feb-2012, 11:56:07 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Not bothered....leave it up to the Umpire.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

gerrywithaGDate: Tuesday, 28-Feb-2012, 02:21:11 | Message # 8
Major general
Any other opinions on this from anybody else on this??

I'll close this off on Friday and post my decision then

Da' Umpire

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Mar-2012, 00:26:38 | Message # 9
Aun Va III
Hi Gerry ... Came across this paragraph in the FB Rulebook (P19), under the UNA new faction guidelines ...

Morningstar advantage: Morningstar officers can become either mechanics or medics during company building
    if he doesn’t already have this ability. All the officers of the same company must choose the same speciality.
... Seems to go along with the no stacking idea? As this faction was written after the UNA Armybook, I would imagine that this would be a new guide for the other factions? ... Walts

gerrywithaGDate: Saturday, 17-Mar-2012, 20:00:36 | Message # 10
Major general
This thread is now closed!!

Moderator, please close this thread please!

Da'Umpire

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » UMPIRE RULES QUERY CAPTAIN NEWTON (FEEDBACK REQUIRED)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024