Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » UMPIRE RULING ON CIVIL ENGINEERS
UMPIRE RULING ON CIVIL ENGINEERS
gerrywithaGDate: Wednesday, 25-Jan-2012, 23:38:21 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Hi Gents,

Please find below the Umpire's Ruling On The Status Of Civil Engineers

1/ Civil Engineers Are NOT Immortal. This also Applies to KARL
2/ They will be treated like a hero as regards damage in that any unit they are attached to, they will be the last figure to be killed in the unit.
3/They may be targetted by snipers , the same as any other hero.
4/ A Company may have one Civil Engineer per Platoon in the Company( I.E. If you have one platoon you can have 1 Civil Engineer, If you have 2 Platoons , then you may have 2 Engineers)
5/ Each Engineer generates 50RP per turn for their side provided they are on the board
6/ If an Engineer is captured by a side he can be used by the capturing side in that game and future one's providing that Point 4 is met.
7/ If a side loses their engineer a new one may be purchased at a cost of 150RP for that company in time for the next campaign turn/week
8/ If a side captures a Civil Engineer and is unable to use it in that company, It may be retained at ther base and used to replace a civil engineer lost from any of their companies for free

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

zellakDate: Thursday, 26-Jan-2012, 16:29:33 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
The Therian/Oni army has captured two civil engineers .

One from a Red Blok Company and one from a UNA Company.

I cant remember which Companies.

Hopefully they can remember ....or even select which ones ?

Whatever. happy

Can we make this sticky please ???
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 26-Jan-2012, 19:14:08

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

gerrywithaGDate: Thursday, 26-Jan-2012, 19:24:48 | Message # 3
Major general
Quote (zellak)
Can we make this sticky please ???

Provided you've got double sided tape and not super glue!!!! biggrin wacko biggrin

Gerry

Added (26-Jan-2012, 6:24 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (zellak)
The Therian/Oni army has captured two civil engineers .

One from a Red Blok Company and one from a UNA Company.

I cant remember which Companies.

Hopefully they can remember ....or even select which ones ?

Hopefully you can remember which of your companies captured them, as they will be the one's that can benefit provided they have more than one platoon in the company. Otherwise the captured engineer goes back to base until you lose one from another company

Da' Umpire

CheDate: Thursday, 26-Jan-2012, 20:44:18 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Don't think it matters where they came from but it was Supra Company that had the Red Blok engineer to start with.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Thursday, 26-Jan-2012, 21:28:36 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Quote (gerrywithaG)
Hopefully you can remember which of your companies captured them, as they will be the one's that can benefit provided they have more than one platoon in the company. Otherwise the captured engineer goes back to base until you lose one from another company

The engineers are on the army lists.

Am i reading it wrong, as most Companies are 3000 AP, they all have two platoons.

So each side now has 8 Civil engineers ? (as they are free.)
(if two platoons in each company of course) ????

Currently;

ONI ( codename: zombie horde) has 2 civil engineers

Cypher has 1.
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 26-Jan-2012, 21:29:14

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 22:13:39 | Message # 6
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
So each side now has 8 Civil engineers ? (as they are free.)
(if two platoons in each company of course) ????

Hi Z ... yeah, that's right, except for the army's (UNA & Red Blok) who have lost a civvy each.

The ruling [Point 4] stops the battleground being saturated with crazy numbers of civvys, so each faction can only field 1 per platoon on the day, and going by the current 3K point armys, that's a max of two per faction. Worst case scenario is 8 on the table ... much better than the crazy 3 per platoon = 6 faction = 24 on the battlefield as listed in the FB rules! ... Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 22:25:50 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Having read it again ...i'm not so sure they are to be available in those numbers ???

Message edited by zellak - Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 22:27:25

BalrogDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 22:36:17 | Message # 8
Aun Va III
I thought "Da'Umpires" decision was final!? blink king blink

Quote (zellak)
Having read it again ...i'm not so sure they are to be available in those numbers ???

Do u mean models? There's plenty of odd models lying around to use as Civvy's ... Star Wars, 40k ... plenty for players to bring in should we need to field 8 models? I've just bought a FB pack, so that's three I'm happy to leave at the club, and I'm sure other players have left/can bring theirs to the club when needed? ... Walts

gerrywithaGDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 22:51:10 | Message # 9
Major general
Hi Gents,

To Bring some clarity to the situation, EACH SIDE ONLY STARTS WITH ONE ENGINEER PER COMPANY

Each side has 4 companies and if there are 2 platoons per company then they can have a MAXIMIM OF 2 engineers times 4 which equals 8

On the basis of that then UNA will currently have 3 Engineers, RED BLOK will have 3 Engineers, KARMANS will have 4 Engineers, and THERIANS/ONI will have 4 Engineers plus the 2 spare( the ones that they captured)

UNA and RED BLOK can purchase a replacement Engineer for the one that they have lost at a cost of 150RP. ONI/THERIANS can put the 2 engineers that they have captured into their existing companies provided they have more than one platoon.
The only way to get up to the maximum of 8 engineers is to capture them from the other factions. You don't get them automatically.

You can replace losses though.So, for example, UNA fights ONI who fielded 2 engineers and captures them, then then the UNA player , in his next battle , can use those 2 engineers in his company provided he has 2 platoons. The ONI player meanwhile can purchase 1 replacement engineer at a cost of 150RP.

I am trying to prevent the game being flooded with engineers but also trying to let players get use and fun out of them as well

I hope this makes sense

Da' Umpire

zellakDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 22:57:12 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
I thought "Da'Umpires" decision was final!?

Of course it is !!! happy
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 23:03:12

BalrogDate: Saturday, 28-Jan-2012, 07:43:44 | Message # 11
Aun Va III
Quote (gerrywithaG)
Hi Gents,

To Bring some clarity to the situation, EACH SIDE ONLY STARTS WITH ONE ENGINEER PER COMPANY

I am trying to prevent the game being flooded with engineers but also trying to let players get use and fun out of them as well

I hope this makes sense

Da' Umpire

Hi Gerry ... Thanks for pointing that out. I did think that everyone now had 8 free civvy's to play with, but the one per company to start of with is a much better idea! As you say, we could add to those companies if we wanted, to a max of 1 per platoon, but it's much better to go and grab yourselves an enemy's, their FREEEEE! happy

One thing, can u transport a civvy from one company to another, say at the HQ or if both companys are at the same sector? ... e.g. Red Blok now has three, so can two be placed in one company? ... Walts

BanksiDate: Saturday, 28-Jan-2012, 22:38:47 | Message # 12
Major general
Group: Administrators
Looks like a sensible answer to the issue... Nice one

Da' Umpire strikes back!!!

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

gerrywithaGDate: Sunday, 29-Jan-2012, 01:56:29 | Message # 13
Major general
Quote (Balrog)
As you say, we could add to those companies if we wanted

Walts,

You can't buy extra engineers. The only way you can have 2 per company is if you capture one from an enemy. The 150 RP cost only allows you to replace an engineer killed/ or captured by the enemy

Quote (Balrog)
One thing, can u transport a civvy from one company to another, say at the HQ or if both companys are at the same sector? ... e.g. Red Blok now has three, so can two be placed in one company? ... Walts

No , You can't. If you have 4 engineers , each company must have 1 in it. You can't go swapping engineers from one to another to give one company 2 and another none.

Cheers

Da'Umpire

BalrogDate: Sunday, 29-Jan-2012, 09:49:02 | Message # 14
Aun Va III
Quote (gerrywithaG)
You can't buy extra engineers. The only way you can have 2 per company is if you capture one from an enemy. The 150 RP cost only allows you to replace an engineer killed/ or captured by the enemy

Nice one! That will get the factions out fighting against each other for those Civvy's!

Quote (gerrywithaG)
No , You can't. If you have 4 engineers , each company must have 1 in it. You can't go swapping engineers from one to another to give one company 2 and another none.

That ticks all the boxes for me biggrin ... Thanks Gerry (Da' Umpire!) ... Walts

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » UMPIRE RULING ON CIVIL ENGINEERS
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024