Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 Rules: Re-Organisation & Reinforcements (Clarification on R & R!)
AT-43 Rules: Re-Organisation & Reinforcements
BalrogDate: Thursday, 17-Nov-2011, 21:02:11 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Guys .... I seem to be getting different ideas from different players about the Re-Organisation and Reinforcements (Pages 74 & 75 of the Frostbite Rulebook) options, which have been tweaked inHouse with nothing written down. So, at the moment, from what I understand things ...
    >>> You can only do Re-organisation(variable) in HQ.
    >>> You can do Reinforcement (special) when holding a sector.

>>> Heroes??? ... need more info on heroes in general!
Can we get something down here to clarify everything for ALL the players to see what's current with these rules ... Thanks, Walts.

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 30-Nov-2011, 07:11:11 | Message # 2
Aun Va III
Hi Guys! There hasn't been much activity here, so I'm adding in more Q's that have come to mind.

If you can trace a supply line to your company ...

... can you change the companies composition? Or, if you have two, or more, companies in the same sector, can you mix & match their units, still keeping the factions overall composition that you field on battle day?

And what about heroes? Did we say that they can move about as they please? ... Any pointers appreciated! Walts

zellakDate: Wednesday, 30-Nov-2011, 11:21:43 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
The Karman players have been moving their Heroes around.

So a precedent has been set.

Also....If you read the errata which you supplied, you will find it is possible to switch heroes between Companies.

As to changing the composition of a company once it is out in the field.

It says nothing in the rules about not being able to reinforce due to having no supply route.

It only mentions supply routes for buying extra terrain pieces in defence....low walls and containers etc.

Quote (Balrog)
Or, if you have two, or more, companies in the same sector, can you mix & match their units

I would not think so ...as they belong to different factions.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Wednesday, 30-Nov-2011, 18:19:15 | Message # 4
Major general
So a precedent has been set

Wrong

But seriously, Pav does have a point. I'm not sure what errata you mean, but nothings been really agreed, as Pav's pointed out. The original rules say nothing about companies away from HQ being restricted in changing composition, heroes coming and going as they please, etc. The rules have no restrictions, so why have they been imposed? I know we've touched on odd things in the forums, but we've not set any guidelines for any new rule tweaks and a face-2-face meeting vote, ergo, Pav is right. Wow ... he said everything I said in one word and I've just blabbed like a blabbering-blabbery-blabbermouth! ... Walts

Wrong

Hugh knows why its wrong, Oh and bear baiting is still illegal in this country biggrin

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Wednesday, 30-Nov-2011, 19:04:54

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 30-Nov-2011, 19:02:06 | Message # 5
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)

Wrong

That wins the argument for me! surprised tongue

But seriously, Pav does have a point. I'm not sure what errata you mean, but nothings been really agreed, as Pav's pointed out. The original rules say nothing about companies away from HQ being restricted in changing composition, heroes coming and going as they please, etc. The rules have no restrictions, so why have they been imposed? I know we've touched on odd things in the forums, but we've not set any guidelines for any new rule tweaks and a face-2-face meeting vote, ergo, Pav is right. Wow ... he said everything I said in one word and I've just blabbed like a blabbering-blabbery-blabbermouth! ... Walts

zellakDate: Thursday, 01-Dec-2011, 00:21:08 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
I'm not sure what errata you mean

FAQ 2........... Q15.

Quote (Balrog)
The rules have no restrictions, so why have they been imposed?

a campaign rule agreed on by the people who started the campaign.

It was thought that it would be more realistic if the troops who captured the sector then defended it....rather than the entire composition changing after every fight.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Thursday, 01-Dec-2011, 07:24:50 | Message # 7
Aun Va III
FAQII - Q15 ... Yeah, I see that now ... Heroes can move about as they please.

Quote (zellak)
a campaign rule agreed on by the people who started the campaign.

It was thought that it would be more realistic if the troops who captured the sector then defended it....rather than the entire composition changing after every fight.

Yeah, that's an OK tweak ... blink wacko blink ... but, I would have said that a supply line to the HQ from occupied sectors would allow companies to re-organise, but I'm happy to go with what's been decided. It's an overall tweak that fits the "all-or-nothing" cack I wrote before and you've obviously been playing that for the past four/five weeks.

I'll add it too the list of inHouse Rules, or note what's been already decided beside the current ref ... Walts

BalrogDate: Thursday, 01-Dec-2011, 07:35:35 | Message # 8
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
Hugh knows why its wrong, Oh and bear baiting is still illegal in this country

Alan

Guess that's another private conversation between players? Soz if I misinterpreted what your "wrong" statement meant. You can see how easy it is for players to go off at tangents if you don't clarify what u mean, other than one word wonders.

I'm sure I've said it before, but I'd rather thrash out arguements online, then have a quick vote during face-2-face meetings, rather than waste a day at the games club going over points that could be mentioned in the forums. As long as we use the "agree-to-disagree" ethos, then everyones right! biggrin

But, I know, some players aren't big on the forums and can't take the pressure!!! blink surprised blink ... Walts

zellakDate: Thursday, 01-Dec-2011, 10:35:40 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
you've obviously been playing that for the past four/five weeks.

Been playing it that way for the last 3 campaigns.

pavlovDate: Thursday, 01-Dec-2011, 17:59:49 | Message # 10
Major general
Guess that's another private conversation between players

I at one point had the same hero in two companies, it was fixed before they played.

I'm sure I've said it before, but I'd rather thrash out arguements online

Yes we have seen that oh god have we seen that biggrin

then have a quick vote during face-2-face meetings, rather than waste a day at the games club going over points that could be mentioned in the forums

Most of the forum bandwidth is taken up with stuff you bring up about the rules.

But, I know, some players aren't big on the forums and can't take the pressure!!!

Some people find that talking face to face is a more civilised way of doing business and since most of the crap that's written on the forum about the rules end's up having to be sorted in the club than discussing it on the forum seems rather redundant we achieved more in an hour at the last meeting than all the pages of guff written on here.

The unfortunate thing about forum's is that they tend to bring out the worst in people, things are mis-read and misunderstood whereas face to face there is less chance of that happening , people are inclined to see other points of view when they are presented face to face, so I can't agree that the forum is the best place to discuss rules let's face it how many of the rules in the now huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge list have we been able to discuss and fix on the forum even one's that have been done and dusted are being dragged up for debate.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Thursday, 01-Dec-2011, 22:55:57 | Message # 11
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Quote (Balrog)
you've obviously been playing that for the past four/five weeks.

Been playing it that way for the last 3 campaigns.

I'm sure this one will be voted quickly as is ... Walts

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 00:00:46 | Message # 12
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
Guess that's another private conversation between players

I at one point had the same hero in two companies, it was fixed before they played.

Oh that ... yeah, old news, but forgotten by me, as usual! It's why I need things written down ... "The boy with no memory!" ... That's what my autobiography will be called. As I can only remember as far back as a week, it will have about seven pages in it!!! blink wacko blink wink blink

Quote (pavlov)
I'm sure I've said it before, but I'd rather thrash out arguments online

Yes we have seen that oh god have we seen that

Guilty as charged m'lord! tongue

Quote (pavlov)
then have a quick vote during face-2-face meetings, rather than waste a day at the games club going over points that could be mentioned in the forums

Most of the forum bandwidth is taken up with stuff you bring up about the rules.

Guilty as charged m'lord! But in my defence, I'm thick and can't remember anything!!! I have to read the rules again to remember the basics when we play, let alone discuss things off the cuff ... I'm hopeless with rules! blink surprised blink

Walts "Guilty as charged m'Lord!"

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 00:04:24 | Message # 13
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
But, I know, some players aren't big on the forums and can't take the pressure!!!

Some people find that talking face to face ... , so I can't agree that the forum is the best place to discuss rules let's face it how many of the rules in the now huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge list have we been able to discuss and fix on the forum even one's that have been done and dusted are being dragged up for debate.

Alan

IMHO, I would have to disagree on some points. As you've seen in many forums, most players don't seem to be on the same page on a lot of issues and rule tweaks that have been made in the past. The first Face-2-Face went well, IMHO, because of all the cack in the forums already been aired in public and players thrashing things out, understanding where other players where coming from and realising other points of view. If we went into a Face-2-Face with no prior knowledge of players thoughts, then we would have had to go through all the players "comments" listed in the forums, and to be honest, I think players would have walked away from the meeting!

The forums good for everyone knowing what the issues are, from which points of interest are put on the agenda for the Face-2-Face, giving the meeting a quick and easy direction to vote on. If I can put five minutes in a forum that saves me 30 minutes in a sitdown, then I'm all for the cack forums!

One of the biggest grips I've got is that it's me bringing up issues, questions, etc, to all you guys who have been playing for ages. WHY has no-one documented the cack I'm now dredging up? WHY! If someone had made the effort to document the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge list that "I've" created, then I would have accepted the tweaks and moved on. When I ask a question, I'm looking for some CLARITY and UNDERSTANDING on a rule, not an excuse for players to twist things to suit their armies. Everyone seems to have a different slant on the rules and tweaks keep popping up, so the forums help with getting everyone on the same page at least to discuss ideas, then a Face-2-Face voting & documented and out the way ASAP will allow us all to get on with playing ... it's a dream I have!

Walts "Guilty as charged m'Lord!"

zellakDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 11:34:24 | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)

Wrong

How ?

I'm sure Guru Lucius was in the control room during the first battle at the Starport. (Karman Company - army book list)

He is now defending the Caves of Doubt in the Arceo Company.

Or was it another hero ?

Added (02-Dec-2011, 11:34 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Balrog)
WHY has no-one documented the cack I'm now dredging up? WHY !

Because we were just playing for fun....and it was no big deal if we lost.

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 11:47:55 | Message # 15
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Because we were just playing for fun....and it was no big deal if we lost.

Nice "cop-out" answer! ... why play with any rule structure then!

If ur going to create new rules & tweaks, at least document them somewhere, especially when u invite new players to the game and expect them to be happy about rules they have no idea about. Look at all the aggro I'm bringing to the table because no-one could be bothered! ... Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 11:52:57 | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
Look at all the aggro I'm bringing to the table because no-one could be bothered !

You were not invited in order to bring aggro.....you were invited to play.

(Cop out reply number 2 wink )

BalrogDate: Friday, 02-Dec-2011, 12:01:50 | Message # 17
Aun Va III
Guilty as charged m'Lord! sad

Walts

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 Rules: Re-Organisation & Reinforcements (Clarification on R & R!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024