Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » Fair play rule (Discussion with regards to errors made.)
Fair play rule
BanksiDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 18:44:06 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Administrators
With regards to the "let is stand rule"or what ever it's called...
If an error in the army list or method of applying rules is so wrong what it gives an unfair advantage enough to swing a victory then surely it is right for the choices to be questioned.
I know we can all make errors in creating our listed and make mistakes during the game, so minor errors could be agreed during the game.

Is it not right to penalize the use of incorrect lists or tactics if they are found to be too far outwith the normal list, what is the point of us all using the lists with the good and bad points each has, if some make up lists outwith the normal or do not read their list carefully enough.

I suggest a fair play rule... something like a time out... A player can call for a forced rerun if the error is found to have been big enough to cause an unfair advantage. That rerun call would be put to a vote and the player must call for it before the next battle is fought.

Please note, If a player makes a mistake in making his own list that is to his own disadvantage this could be allowed to call for a rerun but requiring his opponents agreement
Message edited by Banksi - Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 19:05:55

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

BalrogDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 20:34:45 | Message # 2
Aun Va III
Group: Member
ahhh Banksi ... where have u been hiding! I'm in total agreement with u, but it seems that the "Result Stands!" ruling, now in the inHouse Rules ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/at43/AT43inHouseRules.pdf

... was set at the beginning of the Frostbite Campaign, before I'd joined u guys. I'd thought u where one of the guys who agreed it?

Anyway, not knowing about it was the reason for my crazy forum rantings ... that and the gloss painting I've just finished off ... and thankfully, GerryWithaG told me all about it, so I'm happy to let things slide and move onto Wk5, regardless of the damage ... Walts

BanksiDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 20:39:50 | Message # 3
Major general
I haven't been here, I've been away again. I never knew about this "Results stand " rule, this is the first I've heard about it. If i had I'd have been the first to try and shoot it down, it's an excuse to hide behind things when they are wrong and should be got rid of immediately!!!

It may have been set out to quicken the proceedings but the first time it has been used , it is now apparently a huge smoke screen!!!!

perhaps another vote is in order
Message edited by Banksi - Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 20:43:48

gerrywithaGDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 22:20:26 | Message # 4
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Quote (Banksi)
It may have been set out to quicken the proceedings but the first time it has been used , it is now apparently a huge smoke screen!!!!

Hi Ian,
It was originally set out , as you say , to speed things up and keep it flowing. Any errors found in-game were corrected then and there. This was for occasions where we didn't find out until after a game was over, and it has to my knowledge been used on 3 occasions if I remember rightly so it isn't the first use of it..

Cheers

Gerry

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BanksiDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 22:28:30 | Message # 5
Major general
Hi Gerry,

I think that things set up in good faith normally work well but when they are abused or mis-used then they need to be rethought out. I think at least there should be some sort of appeal process if someone feels unjustly beaten due to a list or rule error and the other player decides not to play fair.

gerrywithaGDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 22:36:42 | Message # 6
Major general
Hi Ian,

Had the same issue myself in the last game that I played, but( Didn't like it) just got on with it. I know what you are saying and do appreciate it, but I would say that people are making assumptions that it would have had any affect on the result.

I would however wholeheartedly agree with something being done if the player had deliberately sought an advantage and knew about it and hadn't said anything. To me that person's just a cheat and I just wouldn't game with them again

Cheers

Gerry

P.s. What also isn't helping is the fact that the rules are not getting read properly in the first place before house rules and amendments are being suggested in my humble opinion
Message edited by gerrywithaG - Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 22:41:45

BanksiDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 22:47:01 | Message # 7
Major general
I must admit, I like winning but not at the expense of someone feeling unjustly beaten.

In a fair world you don't need umpires but having a fool proof get out of jail card for bending rules doesn't help unumpired games.

gerrywithaGDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 22:57:12 | Message # 8
Major general
Quote (Banksi)
I must admit, I like winning but not at the expense of someone feeling unjustly beaten.

In a fair world you don't need umpires but having a fool proof get out of jail card for bending rules doesn't help unumpired games.

Agree with you there, but also think that getting beaten and then finding an error with the opponents army/ rules/ etc and using that as the excuse for a defeat, and I'm in no way implying that this is what happened, rather than poor play in the first place isn't on either. The difficulty is getting the balance right between the two.

Cheers

Gerry

BanksiDate: Monday, 17-Oct-2011, 23:20:10 | Message # 9
Major general
Thats why i suggested a " time out call on the "Results stands" rule, for instances that may be decisive in the game.

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » Fair play rule (Discussion with regards to errors made.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024