Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 Rules - Artillery (When & who can call in an artillery strike?)
AT-43 Rules - Artillery
BalrogDate: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011, 16:01:46 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Guys ... I was reading over the arty rules again and got a bit confused by who/when they can be called, so I posted elsewhere for some advice ...

>>> http://at-43.understairs.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=740

... so the outcome's been easily clarified. Any officer or hero on the table who has Line-of-Sight can be used, even if they've activated already.

Just wondered if anyone else didn't catch the benefits of the arty strike? ... Walts

BanksiDate: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011, 17:15:17 | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
I did try to point this out before but got blown out of the water!!! Good to be back smile

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011, 19:50:57 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
... and welcome back Banksi friends ... until we meet on the battlefields! ... Lt Valts

CheDate: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011, 20:17:12 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Quote (Balrog)
Any officer or hero on the table who has Line-of-Sight can be used, even if they've activated already.

Thought that was how we played artillery? Maybe not the "even if they've already activated," bit.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 11-Oct-2011, 23:44:06 | Message # 5
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... AlanB made a general query about artillery fire on units in buildings and I've managed to find the ref from the FAQ's from Rackham's own forums when they where still on the go ...
    Q18. Does a unit located inside a building or bunker receive a cover save from indirect fire?

A18. Being inside a house does not provide any real protection from bomb shells . Because of the
    shrapnel and debris flying around and the roofs falling down, a house will not protect your fighters from
    artillery fire. However the mission may use the following rule for a fortified building:

Improved cover: A unit in a bunker gets "3 +" cover tests. This cover test also applies to artillery strikes
    and indirect fire weapons, except “Projection” weapons.
... Hope this helps ... Walts

I've added the two Rackham FAQ's to our AT-43 Resource downloads if u want to read them, their pretty interesting reading and direct from the horses mouth, before it got sent off to the glue factory! ... Walts

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » AT-43 Rules - Artillery (When & who can call in an artillery strike?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024