RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » Maranos rules questions
Maranos rules questions
zellakDate: Monday, 10-Jun-2013, 09:40:21 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
There are still a number of things to be worked out.

What happens when a Company loses a battle ?

Mark and Alan suggested today that we play it the same way as Frostbite.

The losing Company retreats instantly to HQ.

Though me and Che thought that the loser would retreat back to the sector it had came from.

Opinions from other Commanders please...Zealyot / Banksi / Aiden ???

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also, on another related subject.

Roadwars ?

Do Companies replace their lost units, and gain Medals as we did in Frostbite....but do not save extra RP or gain VP for roadwars.

Umpire and Commander opinions please.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Added (10-Jun-2013, 8:36 AM)
---------------------------------------------
If a player concedes a game before the end of Turn 6.

Are all his Companies units still on the table destroyed ???......same as Frostbite. ???

Umpire/Commanders opinions please. smile

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Added (10-Jun-2013, 8:40 AM)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If a Company wins a roadwar, can the winner decide to call off the attack on the Sector, if he thinks his Company is too badly damaged from the roadwar ?

And if so, does the winning Company then return to the sector it attacked from ?

Thoughts anyone ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 10-Jun-2013, 09:47:00

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Monday, 10-Jun-2013, 17:17:31 | Message # 2
Major general
Hi

And good evening gentlemen first I would like to clarify my role in this current shindig it is to check the list's before you all start when that's done that's it for me, if you have any other issue's then you will have to direct them elsewhere, I'm sorry if this sounds abrupt but I have no desire to be involved further than this.

Have fun.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Monday, 10-Jun-2013, 23:03:55 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Thanks for the clarification Pavlov. happy

To all players ;

Looks like we might need an Umpire once the lists have been checked.

Would be easier if we had an Umpire....he could sort out all the questions i highlighted.....without the players having to get into any "discussions". wink
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 10-Jun-2013, 23:04:22

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Thursday, 13-Jun-2013, 19:32:03 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
Roadwars ? Do Companies replace their lost units, and gain Medals as we did in Frostbite....but do not save extra RP or gain VP for roadwars.

Yes

Quote (zellak)
If a player concedes a game before the end of Turn 6. Are all his Companies units still on the table destroyed ???......same as Frostbite. ???

Only those that need to take a morale test

Quote (zellak)
If a Company wins a roadwar, can the winner decide to call off the attack on the Sector, if he thinks his Company is too badly damaged from the roadwar ? And if so, does the winning Company then return to the sector it attacked from ?

Yes and yes.

Quote (pavlov)
And good evening gentlemen first I would like to clarify my role in this current shindig it is to check the list's before you all start when that's done that's it for me, if you have any other issue's then you will have to direct them elsewhere, I'm sorry if this sounds abrupt but I have no desire to be involved further than this. Have fun.

I like a man who avoids controversy and discord wink

Quote (zellak)
Thanks for the clarification Pavlov. To all players ; Looks like we might need an Umpire once the lists have been checked. Would be easier if we had an Umpire....he could sort out all the questions i highlighted.....without the players having to get into any "discussions".

I agree but who will take the poisoned chalice? :D

[color=red][color=red][color=red] sad wink
[/color][/color][/color][/b]

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Sunday, 16-Jun-2013, 19:10:06 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
After asking around on Sunday ....it seems no one wants the poison chalice. dry

So as we have no Umpire. sad

Can we vote on how the campaign will run, one vote per Commander (only 1 commander per side).

Q1 ) Does a Losing (retreating) Company go back to HQ, or back to where it came from ?

Q2 ) Roadwars, will theses work the same as Concord Square battles in Frostbite ?

ie Companies replace their lost units, and gain Medals as in Frostbite....but do not save extra RP or gain VP for roadwars battles.

Q3) Conceding a battle....Players must play 4 turns before they are allowed to concede a game ?

(if no then please suggest an alternative.)

Q4) If a Company wins a roadwar, can the winner decide to call off the attack on the Sector, if his Company is too badly damaged from the roadwar ?

Q5) And if so, does the winning Company then return to the sector it attacked from ?

When all 6 commanders have voted we will have the rules needed to play.

In the result of a tie on any of the points i suggest we decide things face to face rather than online.

Thanks. biggrin

CheDate: Sunday, 16-Jun-2013, 19:49:52 | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
And the votes from the Red Blok are in:

Q1) Losing companies go back to where they came from.

Q2) Yes

Q3) Yes and they lose units that would have to take morale tests. (oops that wasn't part of the question!)

Q4) Yes

Q5) Yes

That concludes the voting from the Red Blok.

So comrades come rally,
and the last fight let us face.
The intersidereal unites the HUMAN race.
Message edited by Che - Sunday, 16-Jun-2013, 19:54:07

zellakDate: Sunday, 16-Jun-2013, 21:35:19 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
ONi votes.

Q1 ) Back to HQ....(changed my mind on this one surprised )

Q2) Yes.

Q3 ) Yes.

Q4 ) Yes.

Q5) Yes.

BanksiDate: Sunday, 16-Jun-2013, 22:49:57 | Message # 8
Major general
Group: Administrators
Cogs votes.

Q1 ) Back to HQ.

Q2) Yes.

Q3 ) Yes.

Q4 ) Yes.

Q5) Yes.

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

pavlovDate: Monday, 17-Jun-2013, 06:13:12 | Message # 9
Major general
Karman votes

Q1 ) Back to HQ.

Q2) Yes.

Q3 ) Yes.

Q4 ) Yes.

Q5) Yes.

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Monday, 17-Jun-2013, 16:09:59 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)

ONi votes.

Erm...thats Cogs right ??? wink
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 17-Jun-2013, 16:10:43

BanksiDate: Monday, 17-Jun-2013, 16:58:25 | Message # 11
Major general
Quote (zellak)
Erm...thats Cogs right ???

Damn the ONi have cracked the Cogs enigma type code!!!!

ZealyotDate: Monday, 17-Jun-2013, 17:08:52 | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
UNA Votes

Q1) Back to HQ

Q2) Yes

Q3) Yes

Q4) Yes

Q5) Yes

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

CheDate: Tuesday, 18-Jun-2013, 20:22:55 | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
You can all go back to HQ but Red Blok will go back where they came from surprised wacko biggrin . Democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be! Long live the revolution! Agado do do push pineapple up........ tongue

Added (18-Jun-2013, 7:22 PM)

Quote (zellak)
Erm...thats Cogs right ???

I guess you had to be there?

NemesisDate: Thursday, 20-Jun-2013, 09:13:01 | Message # 14
Lieutenant
Therian votes are

1: Back to HQ

2: same as frostbite

3: winner should get max VP and whatever AP are left from max total AP on table -- example : if there are 8 containers on table 8 x 6 turns = 4800 AP if 2 turns have been played winner would get 800 x 4 = 3200AP on top of what he's already won.
VP would be total of enemy force minus what managed to get off table -- example player1 has 4 type I inf, 2 type III inf, 4 type I vehicles and a type III --- total VP =26 (4x1, 2x3,4x2 and 1x8) -- if he retreats with only 2 type I inf and the type II vehicle the winner would get 16VP (2x1, 2x3, 4x2)

If you want to retreat or surrender why should the victor not enjoy the spoils

4:Yes --- they should be able to call off attack and

5:they can retreat to HQ if they want to rebuild

zellakDate: Thursday, 20-Jun-2013, 19:40:32 | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
I guess you had to be there?

Banksi's quote says "ONi votes" ....so he had copied and pasted my post without altering it to say Cogs.

Hence my comment. And his joke about Enigma codes.

He has since changed his post without there being an "edited" notification.

Must be some tricky Admin ability. Conspiracy theorists - discuss. biggrin

CheDate: Sunday, 23-Jun-2013, 11:55:56 | Message # 16
Lieutenant general
Quote (Nemesis)
3: winner should get max VP and whatever AP are left from max total AP on table -- example : if there are 8 containers on table 8 x 6 turns = 4800 AP if 2 turns have been played winner would get 800 x 4 = 3200AP on top of what he's already won. VP would be total of enemy force minus what managed to get off table -- example player1 has 4 type I inf, 2 type III inf, 4 type I vehicles and a type III --- total VP =26 (4x1, 2x3,4x2 and 1x8) -- if he retreats with only 2 type I inf and the type II vehicle the winner would get 16VP (2x1, 2x3, 4x2) If you want to retreat or surrender why should the victor not enjoy the spoils

More complications and more opportunities to fall out and ruin yet another campaign. Isn't it enough to win and not take things too far? angry .

BanksiDate: Sunday, 23-Jun-2013, 14:36:47 | Message # 17
Major general
Quote (Che)
Quote (Nemesis)
3: winner should get max VP and whatever AP are left from max total AP on table -- example : if there are 8 containers on table 8 x 6 turns = 4800 AP if 2 turns have been played winner would get 800 x 4 = 3200AP on top of what he's already won. VP would be total of enemy force minus what managed to get off table -- example player1 has 4 type I inf, 2 type III inf, 4 type I vehicles and a type III --- total VP =26 (4x1, 2x3,4x2 and 1x8) -- if he retreats with only 2 type I inf and the type II vehicle the winner would get 16VP (2x1, 2x3, 4x2) If you want to retreat or surrender why should the victor not enjoy the spoils

More complications and more opportunities to fall out and ruin yet another campaign. Isn't it enough to win and not take things too far? angry .

I totally agree Ian, Let the voting tell the story, reasonable ideas always prevail!
When are we gonna loose this win at all cost attitude!!!
We are all looking for an enjoyable campaign with good fair games.

zellakDate: Sunday, 23-Jun-2013, 19:31:07 | Message # 18
Generalissimo
Calm down guys surprised ......i did ask for alternative ideas if a Commanders answer was no to Question 3.

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » Maranos rules questions
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024