RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » AT-43 discussions on Forum
AT-43 discussions on Forum
BanksiDate: Monday, 09-Apr-2012, 19:41:11 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Administrators
I'd like to have a vote / pole from our members with regards to ceasing AT-43 campaign discussions in this forum.

Too often recently we have got to the point of being embarrassing in the content of our debates.

I call for all discussion with regards to AT-43 to be carried out on a face to face basis during club time.

The vote is "Stop discussion on this forum with regards to AT-43 campaigns" Yes or No

I vote "Yes" to stop them

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Monday, 09-Apr-2012, 19:55:21 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Yes, i agree.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Monday, 09-Apr-2012, 20:02:30 | Message # 3
Major general
Hi

I 100% agree with this, we did this last year after an earlier spat over rules and it was suggested that a face to face meeting with all parties take place and it worked, there were more fixes put in place in a few short hours than had taken place over the weeks and weeks of "bandwith usage".
I can't think of any rule that as a group we have been able to fix on the forum (I will stand corrected if wrong) the worst thing to come out of all the constant bickering is that we have lost the one person who was keeping the boat on a even keel as it were and with it the any chance of getting a reasonable campagne running.

I would also like to point out that I am problably running around the mental age of 10 when posting on the forum so I may be part of the problem and for that I apologies. biggrin

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

ZealyotDate: Monday, 09-Apr-2012, 23:49:48 | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Yes because it's causing to many arguments and to much grief for all involved.
Personally from what I've seen when AT-43 is being played no one is having fun anymore, at least not in half of the games I've seen, and if you can't have fun playing with "toy soldiers" then what is the point in having them in the first place.

It really saddens me when you get "adults" arguing and acting more like children than the actual kids are and it's all over little lumps of painted plastic, where have the days gone when everyone acted like beginners and had an almost naive trust in their opponent that no one would miss use or take advantage of as a means to their own ends, a trust that would even encourage you to help your opponent if he made a mistake without realising it even if it cost you the game. If I honestly wanted to play a game with people who are just out to win rather than to play a game and have fun doing it I would have just stuck to playing GW games and started going to tournaments.

Well that's my guilt trip over with.
Zealyot

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

gerrywithaGDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 00:35:54 | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Confirmed
@ Zealyot

Nicely put!!!!!

Agree with Banksi. This nonsense is getting us nowhere and doesn't show well on the club in general, and we're also in danger of ruining an excellent game which many of us have spent considerable time, effort, and hard-earned cash on, and which when I first started playing it originally was a fun and light-hearted game, and was always played in a good spirited, fair, gentlemanly, and competitive manner.

Seems a million miles away now!!!! sad sad sad

Cheers

Gerry

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

NemesisDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 05:38:55 | Message # 6
Lieutenant
My vote is to agree to this as well --- better a face to face than the net

Can we delete all these threads as well, because ---( and this may only be my view )--- other people on the net may read them and what they must think of us probably isn't worth posting

I don't or won't mind any other posts being put on the forum AS LONG AS IT WOULD BE UNDERSTOOD that if it raises any questions ABOUT GAME-PLAY OR RULES these would not be discussed on the net but at the club in a face to face meeting. It may mean the loss of a games day, but I -- for one -- would rather have that than what I have seen online.

Mark

gerrywithaGDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 08:07:18 | Message # 7
Major general
I would have to disagree with you there Nemesis.

I think they should be left and stickied as a reminder to people as to what can happen when things get out of hand.

Just my opinion though

Cheers

Gerry

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 08:53:14 | Message # 8
Aun Va III
As Administrator

Please note that every player is responsible for their own posts. There is an "Edit" button in the bottom right corner of your posts should u want to remove all ur comments from your own posts.

As administrator to the website, I deleted a thread before at the request of the thread creator, but two other players had posted on that thread and both where not happy that their posts where also removed. Not realising the consequences of my actions, I went to the uCoz Administrators (the company who are website is hosted with) and sought their advice on the matter. They said that I should never have deleted the thread, unless ALL those who posted in the thread agreed it should be removed.

So, from now on, If all post'ers in a thread agree to deleting their posts, I will remove the whole thread. If I'm also in that thread, my opinion does not count due to my position as administrator, so the thread will still be removed. I hope I've explained that OK?

Walts (as Administrator)

zellakDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 09:08:39 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Sorted.

Anyone wanting to contact me please use e-mail (not PM on this forum) as i will no longer check the forum.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 09:28:11 | Message # 10
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... As we no longer have an umpire in the game, could I make the suggestion that we simply use DICE to decide on inHouse Rules? Who's really to say what's right or wrong? Everything that has been put forward does have a level of validity, so gathering round the table, dice in hand, the highest dice roll gets to say how a rule suggestion should be written into the inHouse Rules?

Players simply put forward a proposal in the AT-43 forums, with no further comments/posts (& rantings!) against it and whoevers at the club the following Sunday gets to roll a dice and decide how that proposal should be dealt with, that's if they want to have their say?

Any thoughts? ... Walts (The AT-43 Player)

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 10:25:50 | Message # 11
Aun Va III
... oh, and YES to Banksi's original "Stop discussion on this forum with regards to AT-43 campaigns" proposal!

BUT (there's always a BUT if people where honest about things!), I don't think we'll do any better round a table. What some people seem to forget about the last face2face was that everyone had posted themselves to death on the forums, so we all knew each others opinions and lots of arguing had been thrashed out in the forums, so by the time we sat down, we where all burnt out with arguing online. Remove the arguing element online and you'll find face2face arguing at the tableside ... my opinion of course!

We are all passionate about AT-43, that's not a bad thing! I can't understand why people go crazy at football matches, it's only a game!! Having passion for something is not a bad thing ... who hasn't lost an RPG character and been dis-heartened by the whole game ... Passion!

It's when we start to debate things that we're hopeless. It's clear we'll struggle to all agree on rule questions, so remove that with dice. Like the good old days, let the dice gods decide on everything! ... Walts

gerrywithaGDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 11:08:50 | Message # 12
Major general
We are all passionate about AT-43, that's not a bad thing! I can't understand why people go crazy at football matches, it's only a game!! Having passion for something is not a bad thing ... who hasn't lost an RPG character and been dis-heartened by the whole game ... Passion!

It's when we start to debate things that we're hopeless. It's clear we'll struggle to all agree on rule questions, so remove that with dice. Like the good old days, let the dice gods decide on everything! ... Walts

Sorry Walts,

It's the fact that some people can't seem to debate without resorting to ranting. I'm very passionate about a lot of things and I can debate and get my argument across without resorting to the ranting that you and some other people seem to favour.

And on the dice resolving the inhouse rules queries........... No offence but you're kidding.......I hope wacko

Cheers

Gerry
Message edited by gerrywithaG - Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 11:09:45

NemesisDate: Tuesday, 10-Apr-2012, 13:15:15 | Message # 13
Lieutenant
Quote (gerrywithaG)
I think they should be left and stickied as a reminder to people as to what can happen when things get out of hand.

Sorry --- didn't think about that --- please ignore previous post about removing threads

Mark

BalrogDate: Friday, 13-Apr-2012, 09:03:01 | Message # 14
Aun Va III
Quote (gerrywithaG)
And on the dice resolving the inhouse rules queries........... No offence but you're kidding.......I hope

Yeah, u got me! I was trying to see if there where any other looneys in the house. wacko Guess I'm unique, and "just as well" I hear u say! wink ... Walts

CheDate: Saturday, 14-Apr-2012, 19:30:12 | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
Again, I'm late to the debate. First a big well done to Zealyot and a red face on my part! I vote yes to the motion.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » AT-43 discussions on Forum
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024